Khabib vs. Alvarez/Poirier?

Hihlosis

Rap Legionaire!
@Orange
Reaction score
Since the McGregor fight doesn't appear to be on the table at the moment and Alvarez vs Poirier is coming up at UFC Calgary (hopefully) I'm really hoping Diamond gets an impressive win against Eddie and gets a shot at Khabib. It would make for a great fight and Dustin has the tools to push Khabib into deep waters if he can use his take down defense and keep Khabib off him for the first 2 rounds. Poirier could set himself up to avenge the loss against McGregor in 2014.

Can't wait for this card. Something I rarely say for a FOX Card.

4_medium.gif

HealthyOnlyIggypops.gif

tenor.gif

ESP51KP.gif

Alvarez would show the world that Santa Claus don't ekzist brah

(Fo real tho, he beats Kebab via sprawl n KO)

Will the winner of Dustin/Eddie be ready before Tony? Probably, but if Tony is ready before them than he should get the next title shot

"To me, he's just a left hand. He's just a guy with a left hand. That's how I see him. He does something that we call a 'rock back' well. Mayweather does it. A lot of Philly fighters do it. He (McGregor) lives and breathes off it. A lot of MMA guys don't know about these boxing things that they do. This is a move that's very easily taken away and we're going to dominate every step of the way." - Eddie Alvarez

I got Eddie beating Poirier and losing to Khabib.

4_medium.gif

HealthyOnlyIggypops.gif

tenor.gif

ESP51KP.gif
This will call in question post USADA Aldo. If Conor, and especially Max, are as good as they are Aldo should beat Stephens pretty handily a la Edgar vs Aldo 1 and 2. Aldo isn't old enough to decline enough to lost to the likes of Jeremy, although he is very dangerous.

Since the McGregor fight doesn't appear to be on the table at the moment and Alvarez vs Poirier is coming up at UFC Calgary (hopefully) I'm really hoping Diamond gets an impressive win against Eddie and gets a shot at Khabib. It would make for a great fight and Dustin has the tools to push Khabib into deep waters if he can use his take down defense and keep Khabib off him for the first 2 rounds. Poirier could set himself up to avenge the loss against McGregor in 2014.
That'd be cool to see and it couldn't happen to a better guy, but even if Dustin could beat khabib I can't see him holding the belt long tony or Conor or khabib rematch I bet on him losing it.

Alvarez would show the world that Santa Claus don't ekzist brah

(Fo real tho, he beats Kebab via sprawl n KO)

Khabib would ragdoll Eddie everywhere, even in stand up

4_medium.gif

HealthyOnlyIggypops.gif

tenor.gif

ESP51KP.gif

It's a fox card, though, so there will be lots of waiting for that card, especially during that card, there will be waiting.....with some more waiting, then a fight, and then lots more waiting.

Will the winner of Dustin/Eddie be ready before Tony? Probably, but if Tony is ready before them than he should get the next title shot

Nah, Tony missed his shot getting hurt. Eddie\Dustin have been active. Reward them.

Meh. Kevin Lee actually beats khabib. Give him the shot.

Nope. Conor deserves the next shot. I'd be fine with the winner of this fight getting a match-up against Tony for the Interim Championship once he's healthy enough to fight again, though.

I see Alvarez beating Poirier, btw. Dustin's been on a nice little roll, but it ends for him here.

Back