'I match up very well with him' - Stipe on DC

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Says it has nothing to do with size, says the match up favors him stylistically. Said Cormier never seen anything like stipe and especially at heavyweight.

Also says he'll retire champion.

I believe him. He said the same thing about Francis. I think Stipe should be able to stuff MOST TD attempts from DC, but he'll end up on his back a few times. As for DC holding him down? Who knows how that'll work.

Still, I have a feeling this fight will not see the 4th or 5th round. Can't wait!

I like Miocic but...

1. I think size will have a lot to do in the fight
2. He won't retire as champ, unless he plans to retire pretty soon, still unlikely

Translation: I'm taller, longer, bigger, heavier, and younger which is why Vegas has me as the -275 favorite which is an implied win probability of 73%.
maybe its the fact that lesser wrestlers have been able to stifle daniel's wrestling and hes a better striker?

Fan of both but I favor Stipe. Cormier can do doubt win but he'll have to fight a very perfect fight. Stipe can generate monster power in his punches even at close range.
Sad when one of em will lose.

I believe him. He said the same thing about Francis. I think Stipe should be able to stuff MOST TD attempts from DC, but he'll end up on his back a few times. As for DC holding him down? Who knows how that'll work.

Still, I have a feeling this fight will not see the 4th or 5th round. Can't wait!

Yall see what DC did to Barnett, etc at HW?

Aint no way Stipe isnt gonna be taken down. Stipe had to stop DC getting close, and implementing his grinding dirty style, and no fighter has ever stopped him from doing it. Hell even Jones couldnt stop it for a bit in the first fight and a little of the second fight. DC will get in close and he will fuck up Stipe, Stipe has to ran and snipe shots and hurt DC.

Aint no way Stipe isnt gonna be taken down. Stipe had to stop DC getting close, and implementing his grinding dirty style, and no fighter has ever stopped him from doing it. Hell even Jones couldnt stop it for a bit in the first fight and a little of the second fight. DC will get in close and he will fuck up Stipe, Stipe has to ran and snipe shots and hurt DC.
stipe is a better wrestler and overall fighter than barnett by a lot.. and cormier only had a few takedowns, that fight took place standing more the majority of the time.

he also had a ton of trouble taking down frank mir and nelson. obviously same story with gus and jones

dc may get a takedown, may even get a few, but hes not holding stipe down. no chance of that.

Yeah, that's why I said most TD attempts. He will likely get Stipe down

That Barnett fight was 6 years ago. DC was younger and hadn't made several cuts to LHW. Not to mention Barnett gets taken down about half the time anyways.

I'm sure DC will land a takedown or 2 and has the tools to win this fight but Miocic TDD is better than Barnetts.

Translation: I'm taller, longer, bigger, heavier, and younger which is why Vegas has me as the -275 favorite which is an implied win probability of 73%.

This plus got good straight punches and wrestling

This is going to be a walk in the park for Stipe...
Hail Mary overhand right or uppercut is all DC has going for him.

I like DC and would like to see him win this fight.
But he'll be KOed.

This is going to be a walk in the park for Stipe...
Hail Mary overhand right or uppercut is all DC has going for him.
im keeping my eyes peeled for a fake takedown and then an immediate hook/overhand upstairs as stipe goes to defend. could be with the left, but stipe tends to drop his left hand so it may be with cormier's right. i think thats what his team is going to be looking for.

Popeyes infused Cormier will take Stipe down hard at some point.

stipe is a better wrestler and overall fighter than barnett by a lot.. and cormier only had a few takedowns, that fight took place standing more the majority of the time.

he also had a ton of trouble taking down frank mir and nelson. obviously same story with gus and jones

dc may get a takedown, may even get a few, but hes not holding stipe down. no chance of that.

Because Stipe isn’t flashy in anyway he’s easy to underestimate. His footwork is so instinctive that he can setup his opponents for counters in striking or a takedown attempt as second nature.
Barnett was more of a straight up brawler. Very possible Stipe will be able to to move and counter Dc and at least win 3 to 4 rounds.

Because Stipe isn’t flashy in anyway he’s easy to underestimate. His footwork is so instinctive that he can setup his opponents for counters in striking or a takedown attempt as second nature.
Barnett was more of a straight up brawler. Very possible Stipe will be able to to move and counter Dc and at least win 3 to 4 rounds.
you hit it right on the head, its his best asset and also his most slept on. he moves unbelievably well for a guy with his size and power. hes able to escape, but hes also able to pressure you by cutting off your movement while staying on the outside. i say this often, and its the reason why Werdum, Overeem and Junior have all panicked when they were in there with him. whether they play aggressive or not, they have trouble touching him but always seem to be in his range. he can move any direction with a quickness and keep his balance.

I agree. Legit power with all around skills... Going to be interesting vs Cormier. Will need to stop the grind and bang...

Back