DJ IS FIGHTING ON THE SAME CARD AS TJ? pathetic.

leatherneck

https://www.facebook.com/marriottleatherneck/
@Black
Reaction score
DJ's talented, athletic and special, but lost any respect of for being a warrior.

Fighters accept bouts all of the time while feeling a sense of anxiety or even fear.

At times fighters have later admitted they entered the ring expecting they may lose,
but embraced it and with courage chose to give it hell anyway...

SOMETIMES, because they gave it hell,
they even WON due to their warrior spirit.

I cant be certain DJ expected to lose, but butterflies were enough for him to bow his head,
and to me its pathetic.

Cowardice is a far worse trait than cheating in a test of combat.

DISAGREE? SKIP TO POST #92 OF THIS THREAD.

Last edited:
FYI: DJ was coming off surgery when they announced TJ/Garbrandt 2. He was in no position to accept any fight until recently.

Why pathetic? Is there a restrictive order between those two guys so that they can't get within a certain distance of each other?

No its not, this is the rematch every fan has been clamoring for!!! DJ vs the can he KOd a year ago in a minute, THE REMATCH.

FYI: DJ was coming off surgery when they announced TJ/Garbrandt 2. He was in no position to accept any fight until recently.

You're talking to deaf ears man, these people want to hate MM and find any reason to.
First because he's short, then because he was boring, then because he couldn't finish fights and now he gets hate for apparently being a duck

No its not, this is the rematch every fan has been clamoring for!!! DJ vs the can he KOd a year ago in a minute, THE REMATCH.

This.
The UFC and WME really knows how to put on great and intriguing fights.
TJ vs Cody 2 is equally amazing, a guy who never had a title-defense, has a weak record of 11-1 and got KTFO gets an immediate rematch - amazing! What a card!

This.
The UFC and WME really knows how to put on great and intriguing fights. TJ vs Cody 2 is equally amazing, a guy who never had a title-defense, has a weak record of 11-1 and got KTFO gets an immediate rematch - amazing! What a card!

This probably is UFC and WME's way of putting together DJ vs. TJ, a great and intriguing fight.

This probably is UFC and WME's way of putting together DJ vs. TJ, a great and intriguing fight.

So you put on 2 nonsensical shit-fights to make a great fight you could've made half a year ago if DJ wasn't refusing to take it.
Why would DJ take the fight after TJ beats Cody again? And if Cody beats TJ then obviously the trilogy is next.

I don't quite follow your logic.

DJ is talented and athletic and special, but has lost all the respect of any fan who appreciates a fighter for being a warrior.
fighters accept bouts with fear all of the time, sometimes they even expect to lose,
but accept, and choose to give it hell anyway...

and SOMETIMES, because they gave it hell,
they even WIN due to their warrior spirit.

in this case, im not saying DJ knew he would lose, im saying butterflies were enough for him to bow his head- to me it is pathetic. cowardice is a far worse trait than cheating in a test of combat.

Yeah man. Warriors like TJ. Begging for fights with smaller guys like a real warrior. He could have begged for a fight with Holloway, but like a true warrior he begged for a fight with a guy smaller than himself.

So you put on 2 nonsensical shit-fights to make a great fight you could've made half a year ago if DJ wasn't refusing to take it.
Why would DJ take the fight after TJ beats Cody again?

I don't quite follow your logic.
There's a lot to the situation. When DJ was first offered the fight after Garbrandt got injured, it was pushed to happen on a whim, on a small card one week before Floyd/Conor, for basically the same money as fighting Ray Borg. DJ has since gotten his contract renegotiated, and before surgery looked to be on board with the TJ fight as long as they could generate some money out of it. And I think that's where we are now.

UFC is putting DJ/TJ on the same card where they'll be promoted together, asked about eachother, then fighting one after another, allowing for whatever call-outs and publicity that needs to happen, so that by the end of the night we have a properly put together superfight that can generate money for all involved.

Last edited:
cowardice is a far worse trait than cheating in a test of combat.
I get your point - DJ ducked him for all we know - but you are going way too far here.

Besides, the relative size difference is huge, and TJ is the best BW around. I think it's a bit lame of Dillashaw to call out DJ actually.

Oh fuck off with this shit.
Lets see if TJ could even make 125 in the first place.
But no he decided to rematch the guy he just KO'd...
At least Cejudo earned his rematch.

I get your point - DJ ducked him for all we know - but you are going way too far here.

Besides, the relative size difference is huge, and TJ is the best BW around. I think it's a bit lame of Dillashaw to call out DJ actually.

lol. On what Planet do you live?
TJ / huge size difference/ DJ ?
LOL.

lol. On what Planet do you live?
TJ / huge size difference/ DJ ?
LOL.
Yes. Because I'm only slightly larger than Dillashaw.

So if the size difference of TJ and Mighty Mouse isn't huge, I'm basically fucked.

If DJ is the best pound 4 pound fighter in MMA, then move over because I am the MMA god. Would dust that 5 foot 100 pound midget

Fans who are angry at DJ or think he's scared are simply sheep.

"DJ is scared" is just the narrative that the UFC used in order to get DJ to do what they wanted, but the truth is as usual it's all about money, and DJ is now financially comfortable enough to hold out for what he believe's this fight is worth, the UFC refused to pay him what he asked for and decided to make their P4P#1 champion look like a coward in the process, all this has done is highlight the bully mentality is still rife within the company.

And DJ is right, that fight is 2nd only to Conor vs Khabib on my wish list, so he should make big bucks for it.

Last edited:
Or TJ could have taken a fight at 125, you know, the weight he wanted a title shot at DJ with, to show he could make the weight...

nah, lets just hate instead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back