How many more fights do you think jose aldo has left?

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
you think the end is coming? 2 fights? Maybe 3 max?

Depends... needs to go back to kickboxing instead of just trying to bang. Shoot , two - three wins and right back in the mix...

He's 31... literally in his prime. He's 1-3 in his last 4 because the men he fought are better, not because he's out of his prime.

He's 31... literally in his prime. He's 1-3 in his last 4 because the men he fought are better, not because he's out of his prime.
Everyone’s body is different. He’s no longer in his prime

Yeah I’m really intrigued how he will go against Stephens. Personally I think Jeremy will beat him, but aldo still got something left I think. Just because max brutally ktfo’d him two times doesn’t mean he didn’t still have his moments and can’t hang with the rest of the division.

I think anyone out of the top 5 he will beat. But max and Ortega def beat him imo. The other two in the top 5 will be a toss up.

I predict he loses to Jeremy but I think he'll remain a top 5 145er for quite sometime. He won't get belt back but has nothing to prove. His longevity as champ stamps him as one of the best ever to make that walk to that cage.

Age does not mean you're in your prime. It's about mileage and he's had 30 professional fights. He is still a capable fighter but he's been stopped 3 times in his last 4 fights. Probably done at the elite level.

Everybody ages differently.
Prime age varies from person to person, this is true in all sports but especially fighting with the variance in the wear and tear bring so great, and fighters starting at all different ages.

He can barely kick anymore, which was his main weapon in his prime. That should be enough of a clue..

Well according to sherdog a few months back.

Aldo beat Frankie fucking Edgar convincingly by UD and the mcgregor loss was a fluke.

Then he got stopped by max twice and was out of his prime again.

Lol

We’ve got a lot of aldo apologists on this board

I don't think he is where he used to be mentally. He was a killer 5 years ago but these tough ass fights have probably made him see more money than blood. He can probably still compete in the top, but he has no business fighting for the strap again.

Look how early Shogun burned out.
Bummer.

Age does not mean you're in your prime. It's about mileage and he's had 30 professional fights. He is still a capable fighter but he's been stopped 3 times in his last 4 fights. Probably done at the elite level.

He's 31 but averaging one fight per year in his life. Its not always the age but the miles count as well. I wouldn't count him out yet, but it could go either way from here. We should wait and see how he fairs in his next couple fights. If he gets KO'd a couple more time, he might want to think about saving his brain for the rest of his life.

Not a whole lot imo. I think he's mentally checked out of MMA.

he can get the belt again if max loses. i think he could beat ortega.

dont count him out

Well according to sherdog a few months back.

Aldo beat Frankie fucking Edgar convincingly by UD and the mcgregor loss was a fluke.

Then he got stopped by max twice and was out of his prime again.

Lol

We’ve got a lot of aldo apologists on this board
Aldo would dismantle Ortega lol. There are levels

Back