How many more fights do you think jose aldo has left?

Plenty if he wants since he's not taken much damage.

I was thinking about Jose today....
I hope he collects a fat check and leaves.
He's reminding me of BJ Penn....
Two of the toughest most talented small men who just slowed down.
Fucking warriors!

Try to reach me with that hand yeah try to reach me with that hand YOU CAN NOT!

He's 31... literally in his prime. He's 1-3 in his last 4 because the men he fought are better, not because he's out of his prime.
Yeah let’s ignore a 10 years long career dude have and just look at his age...

a while back he was saying his contract was almost finished and he wanted to pursue boxing... I think later there was news he got a new contract. Anyone know how many fights that is?

He no longer has the luxury of ducking fighters now that he doesn't have the belt. This has led to him having to face elite strikers rather than midget wrestlers. He should take at least four or five more good beatings before before packing it in.

Who the fuck did Aldo duck? He consistently defended his belt against the top guys in his division fight after fight after fight. He also wanted to move up and challenge Pettis for the 155 belt when Pettis was still at the top.

Well according to sherdog a few months back.

Aldo beat Frankie fucking Edgar convincingly by UD and the mcgregor loss was a fluke.

Then he got stopped by max twice and was out of his prime again.

Lol

We’ve got a lot of aldo apologists on this board

Aldo doesn't need apologists. He's one of the all time greats. He dominated Edgar and then went to war with Holloway twice. The Aldo that lost to Holloway in those fights beats almost anyone else in the division.

Ortega will be a good measurement at how good his chin still is and how much he still wishes to be at the top.

He needs to go back to his roots and mix it up.

Max put two beatings on him that would make a lesser man give up.

My guess he will not give up until his contract ends or he gets another caunce at the belt.

He's 31... literally in his prime. He's 1-3 in his last 4 because the men he fought are better, not because he's out of his prime.

You're an absolute fool if you think Aldo is still in his prime. He's been fighting since he was 17, he spent years fighting the best of the best and made them look foolish. The McGregor fight took something out of him but not nearly as much as the back to back Holloway losses

I think he still fights for a few more years, but his days of fighting at a high level can end any fight now.

He is battle worn. Should be in his prime, but you can tell his movement is more stiff, his reflexes are already slowing, and he doesn't take shots as well he used to. Maybe if he took a year or 2 off and didn't over train or take any hard shots, then he could come back with even better technique. If he keeps steam-rolling ahead as he is doing now, he will be hurting in the future.

He needs to make some major changes. I think he would do better at 135. He's just so short now and unathletic compared to the top 145ers now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back