How many more fights do you think jose aldo has left?

He's 31... literally in his prime. He's 1-3 in his last 4 because the men he fought are better, not because he's out of his prime.
Lmao@implying hes still in his prime after a 12 or whatever year long career and 3 knockouts in his last 4 fights.

Who the fuck did Aldo duck? He consistently defended his belt against the top guys in his division fight after fight after fight. He also wanted to move up and challenge Pettis for the 155 belt when Pettis was still at the top.
Ya but those are just facts of things that actually happened.....they have no place on sherdog lol

52582381.jpg

Let's see how he looks against someone who isn't Max Holloway before we start picking out tombstones for his career.

I predict he loses to Jeremy but I think he'll remain a top 5 145er for quite sometime. He won't get belt back but has nothing to prove. His longevity as champ stamps him as one of the best ever to make that walk to that cage.

This minus the loss to Stephens. He'll take that fight.

He needs to make some major changes. I think he would do better at 135. He's just so short now and unathletic compared to the top 145ers now
Bantamweight is an absolute shark tank, not a retirement home for featherweights. I don't think moving to another division is the solution for him but if it was, I think lightweight would be a better fit.

This minus the loss to Stephens. He'll take that fight.
We'll see... looking forward to dust up.
Jeremy reminds me of the Lawler of the 145 division where he seems to be evolving at this particular time of his career. He's training with a top camp and the results hes looking for are finally coming his way.

Aldo’s legacy as one of the GOATs is already cemented. Let’s hope he gives a couple more great wins before retiring. I see him beating Stephens.

He just over hyped, you could see in the Korean Zombie fight he was overrated as hell.

Funny how the biggest Aldo nuthuggers on this board were saying UFC 200 Aldo was the best he's ever been and he's going to beat Max, now all of a sudden they claim he's been out of his prime for years.

He's 31... literally in his prime. He's 1-3 in his last 4 because the men he fought are better, not because he's out of his prime.

He’s got 30 fights and countless injuries behind him.
14 of his fights are against champs or contenders.

I don’t like him, but I wouldn’t say he’s in his prime just because of his age.

Conor has 24 fights and I promise you that he wouldn’t be elite if and when he reaches his 30th fight.
Max has 22 fights and he’ll probably be on his way out at 30 fights.
Neither of them have 15 fights against elite competition, like Aldo does.

Well according to sherdog a few months back.

Aldo beat Frankie fucking Edgar convincingly by UD and the mcgregor loss was a fluke.

Then he got stopped by max twice and was out of his prime again.

Lol

We’ve got a lot of aldo apologists on this board

If you can specify that there are even 10 people who have done what you suggest....

Frankie is slow and his level change is weak.
Aldo, once a lightning fast diverse striker, now just throws telegraphed hooks and looks terrible.
Both guys are on their way down.

It’s the changing of the guard.

Lol he's not in his prime.

In MMA mileage is a bigger factor than age.

The more fights you have, the more wear and tear your body goes through. The guys who start very young are usually the guys to retire young too.

Just look at Daniel Cormier (39) and Yoel Romero (41). These guys still look the best they have ever been. And the reason is because both guys started their MMA careers late. They don't have as many fights.

Jose Aldo might be 31, but he has 30 fights under his belt. That's twice as much as Yoel Romero. And he's been fighting pro since 2004.

You're an absolute fool if you think Aldo is still in his prime. He's been fighting since he was 17, he spent years fighting the best of the best and made them look foolish. The McGregor fight took something out of him but not nearly as much as the back to back Holloway losses

Lmao@implying hes still in his prime after a 12 or whatever year long career and 3 knockouts in his last 4 fights.

Lol he's not in his prime.

In MMA mileage is a bigger factor than age.

The more fights you have, the more wear and tear your body goes through. The guys who start very young are usually the guys to retire young too.

Just look at Daniel Cormier (39) and Yoel Romero (41). These guys still look the best they have ever been. And the reason is because both guys started their MMA careers late. They don't have as many fights.

Jose Aldo might be 31, but he has 30 fights under his belt. That's twice as much as Yoel Romero. And he's been fighting pro since 2004.

The funny thing, is if you were all asked before the McGregor fight if Aldo was in his prime, you would have said yes. In fact, 95% of sherdog thought Aldo was going to murder (literally) McGregor.

Conor took Jose's soul. You don't go from ''Greatest FW of all time, absolute prime, top 3 P4P'' to ''out of his prime, had too many fights'' within a 2 years span. Like I said, ''prime'' is mostly a myth, unless we're talking about guys north of 35 who have had lengthy careers. Aldo is just starting to fight better men and losing to them. Prime Holloway > Prime Aldo. Prime McGregor > Prime Aldo.

The funny thing, is if you were all asked before the McGregor fight if Aldo was in his prime, you would have said yes. In fact, 95% of sherdog thought Aldo was going to murder (literally) McGregor.

Conor took Jose's soul. You don't go from ''Greatest FW of all time, absolute prime, top 3 P4P'' to ''out of his prime, had too many fights'' within a 2 years span. Like I said, ''prime'' is mostly a myth, unless we're talking about guys north of 35 who have had lengthy careers. Aldo is just starting to fight better men and losing to them. Prime Holloway > Prime Aldo. Prime McGregor > Prime Aldo.
Who cares about what a portion of Sherdog thought prior to the McGregor fight. We are talking about the present. Do you even watch fights? Do you not see the difference in the way he fights, the way he moves?

What do you not understand in mileage?

How many fighters can you name me that have over 30+ fights and that are still in their prime?

Stop focusing on his age. Mileage is as big of a factor if not bigger than age in MMA.

Conor is a fraud.

Or because 15 years of fighting professionally, the majority of it at the height of the sport, has taken its toll on him and he's not in his prime any more.

Back