The Sad Thing is Fans Will Forget All About This if Till Wins

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Fighters who have missed weight so far are 7-0 in the UFC, its blatantly clear what a huge advantage this is considering Till didn't have to endure the same cut that Wonderboy did. The most dissapoiting part about all of this though is that if/when Till wins the fans will forgive him and nothing will get done. Thompson will probably negotiate to get 30% of Tills purse, which in the long run will not effect him if he gets a win bonus and the biggest win of his career.

Just look at Kevin Lee and Yoel Romero, both guys missed weight yet their opponents were grateful enough to the fans to allow the fight to proceed. Both guys ended up winning, for win bonuses, and Lee jumps back into title contention while Romero got another title shot.

Fighters will continue to kiss wfogjt as they have now caught on and realized that they can gain an advantage and still move forward with their careers. What's worse is that the fans are so fairweather that they will forget about it if Till wins and act like it was actually a fair fight. As far as I'm concerned Till cheated and should be handed out a suspension, good on Wonderboy for still agreeing to fight but he should still be compensated and Till shouldn't be allowed to compete.

Till himself will jump around and celebrate as if he just overcame all odds to beat prime GSP if he wins.

Yeah its funny though cause he claims to be the goat, lol to that, and yet can't even make weight. Hopefully he gets embarrassed in front of his home crowd and then he can be forgiven. Just not a fan of him pulling a Jon jones and fighting smaller guys. He might even be doing it worse than juice jones

Till himself will jump around and celebrate as if he just overcame all odds to beat prime GSP if he wins.

Yea, Like Dern did a couple of weeks ago. she just missed weight by 7 pounds and she ran around like she just won the Super Bowl....its a disgrace. I've said it before, if they miss weight, they should be fighting to make it a draw or NC. The person that makes weight should still get a W if they win, but the person who missed should not be eligible for a W, just a L, Draw or NC.

Yea I've never gave af if a fighter has missed weight so long as the fight is still on.

There is a saddest thing..

If Wonderboy win.. he would lost to Woodley in another boring fight again.

Yeah its funny though cause he claims to be the goat, lol to that, and yet can't even make weight. Hopefully he gets embarrassed in front of his home crowd and then he can be forgiven. Just not a fan of him pulling a Jon jones and fighting smaller guys. He might even be doing it worse than juice jones
Jones can make weight though, Till can't.

The 30% affects to the win bonus too.

Dern gave up 20% of purse money and 15% of bonus money.

But hey I've been saying for years now weight cutting is completely out of hand.

this, its worse if wonderboy wins and then we all have the highly anticipated woodley wonderboy 3

I rather have till winning, but its inexcusable missing weight. I hope he makes 188 tomorrow. and if he beats him, he beats him impressively. but now he got fucked because depending on how he beat woderboy, he could have maybe fought for the title. now no one is going to trust on him making 170

Nah, fans never forget. Everyone still remembers Page Vanzant's broken promise to kids with cancer from like 5 years ago.

#Shaveyourfreakinghead

To be fair, just cuz the fights sucked and time passed on the decisions doesn't make them any worse. Stephen might have performed worse overall, but he didn't deserve to lose either of those fights with how MMA is supposed to be scored.

Woodley and Wonderboy fought 10 rounds and Wonderboy won 6 of them.

HiBscF3.png

I think the majority just want the fight. However, we are given Divisions and Rankings for a reason. Are we really surprised the masses are riled?

I guarantee when Yoel fights for the belt his last fail will be all over the discussions.

Weight being the basis of said Divisions just might be a factor...or something like that...kinda, maybe, sorta?

A fighter should lose 30% of his purse for a first missed weight.

At a second missed weight they should be forced to move up a weight class.

If you can't make the weight CONSISTENTLY you should not be allowed to fight at that weight.

Its all about fighter's personality aura. If the fighter truly embraces the bad guy act (Kevin Lee) or if they come off as a family man (Daniel Cormier), then the fans will forget in no time like nothing happened.

If the fighter is cocky but doesn't embrace that persona quite enough (Darren Till, Jon Jones) the fans will never forget.

This isn't just about failed weight cuts, its about everything you do in MMA. If you are confident with who you are, then the fans will forget.

Someone like Colby Covington for example, the more time he spends on spotlight, the less angry fans will be about the sketchy stuff he does. Why? Because he is confident with his persona. Its who he is in MMA. Fans won't see it as something to shame him

Last edited:
Fighters who have missed weight so far are 7-0 in the UFC, its blatantly clear what a huge advantage this is considering Till didn't have to endure the same cut that Wonderboy did. The most dissapoiting part about all of this though is that if/when Till wins the fans will forgive him and nothing will get done. Thompson will probably negotiate to get 30% of Tills purse, which in the long run will not effect him if he gets a win bonus and the biggest win of his career.

Just look at Kevin Lee and Yoel Romero, both guys missed weight yet their opponents were grateful enough to the fans to allow the fight to proceed. Both guys ended up winning, for win bonuses, and Lee jumps back into title contention while Romero got another title shot.

Fighters will continue to kiss wfogjt as they have now caught on and realized that they can gain an advantage and still move forward with their careers. What's worse is that the fans are so fairweather that they will forget about it if Till wins and act like it was actually a fair fight. As far as I'm concerned Till cheated and should be handed out a suspension, good on Wonderboy for still agreeing to fight but he should still be compensated and Till shouldn't be allowed to compete.
in the past , i agree fully. however, recently, ive seen a paradigm shit in mma fans. till is unlikely to get away with this when you combine that WB is possibly one of the greates ever in that octagon. plus he embodies the spirit of martial arts like none other. till gonna pay

You spelt Conor McGregor wrong...

Back