Fabricio Werdum vs Alexey Oleynik set for UFC Moscow

Who Wins?

• Total voters
If Werdum can't win this one I think his time is up as a top contender.

Werdum via flying front kick followed by boomerang throw in the first.

<Goldie11>

It's a cool fight but I see Werdum taking this one pretty easily. He isn't getting caught in that ezekiel choke.

What would Sherdog's reaction be if Oleynik manages to somehow submit Werdum with an ezekiel choke?

Werdum's the favorite here but I'll be rooting for Oleynik

Its the fight to make.
Oleinik can - in my opinion - definitely, 100% hang with him down there. It's a myth that Werdum can murder guys down on the ground - if the opponent is remotely top-level (as Oleinik is, but in a non-pure BJJ way), it won't be cut and dry. I'd bloody love to see those lads tangle up on the mat, as i reckon Aleksei would surprise a few and hang wth him just fine. However, standing, Werdum mullers him. Werdum, TKO, 2nd round.

Its the fight to make.
Oleinik can - in my opinion - definitely, 100% hang with him down there. It's a myth that Werdum can murder guys down on the ground - if the opponent is remotely top-level (as Oleinik is, but in a non-pure BJJ way), it won't be cut and dry. I'd bloody love to see those lads tangle up on the mat, as i reckon Aleksei would surprise a few and hang wth him just fine. However, standing, Werdum mullers him. Werdum, TKO, 2nd round.
<{vega}>

This is a dissapointing matchup two gatekeepers fighting each other = why?? They should both be giving new blood chances instead of this, Willis v Aleksei and Tai(win or lose Arlovski) vs Werdum would be so much better for the division.

This is going to suck. Bad oldman kickboxing and occasional guard pulls wherein Werdum will do nothing from top. Terrible main event choice for a new market.

Fuck yeahh really wanted to see the fight now got it. Dont want either man to lose but im gonna root for Oleinik, goes more for the finish and has probably never made good money in MMA.

Fuck yeahh really wanted to see the fight now got it. Dont want either man to lose but im gonna root for Oleinik, goes more for the finish and has probably never made good money in MMA.
Oleinik was a guest on MMA Hour some time ago and said that UFC still pays hin less than he made in his last fight in Russia (against Cro Cop).

This is really good match making IMO. Great fight for the Russian fens of mixfight.

Back