How good striking Prime Anderson Silva had compared to other strikers at 2018?

lhx58

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
How good striking Prime Anderson Silva had when you compare to 2018 striking level.

Last edited:
It still is top of the food chain, prime Anderson Silva would KO the current champion Robert Whittaker

You mean Silva's striking in 2018, or the general level of striking in 2018?

Prime Anderson is an above average striker for today’s game

MMA has improved leaps and bounds since Silva’s days. Bobby Knuckes would tear prime Anderson apart in the standup just like Woodley would dominate GSP in grappling.

Prime anderson was juiced to the gills. People take peds for a reason. They are just not as good as everyone else. Ped free anderson is nothing special.

andersosn was so long. he really fought perfect for his build. it would take a speedster like rob wit to compete im thinking. vitor had fast punches, but his overall movement and footwork wasnt the fastest. you need someone thats goba be fast the whole time like rob because silva has deceptive cardio.

in my opinion silva has the edge. size speed cardio in an mma fight, agaisnt another striker id have to take anderson.

im assuming prime means before usada. yes i factor that in

Anderson is the greatest striker in MMA history.

Striking wise, prime Anderson would still be one of the very best of the game. His use of the reach, his clinch game, and his precision are a rare hability.

From a general perspective, i think it is fair to admit that MMA has evolved quite a lot since Anderson's reign, and had prime Silva fought in 2018, he would have had hard times against the likes of Romero, Whittaker, Gastelum..

Young Anderson KO Rockhold imo

Prime anderson was juiced to the gills. People take peds for a reason. They are just not as good as everyone else. Ped free anderson is nothing special.
I was always under the impression that "juiced to the gills" meant someone was so roided up that their traps made their neck disappear so they looked like they had gills. Like so...

images

The game has evolved too much for Anderson to even compete these days. "Prime" Anderson is the same Anderson who can't compete these days. Simple as that.

~DaViD~

It's hard to say. But Bisping being given a tough fight by an older Dan Henderson (the same Bisping that knocked out one of the top three best middleweights today in Luke Rockhold) gives me hope that he would at LEAST do well.

Back