Israel Adesanya vs. Brad Tavares in the Works For TUF 27 Finale

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Via Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour. Brad Tavares confirmed it when Ariel brought it up.

Don't like this fight. If anything Adesanya proved he needs to be brought along a bit slower and Tavares probably deserves a top 10 fight even if the majority of his fights are a bit lackluster.

Tavares probably beats him at this point. Israel has some work to do on his ground game.

Weird matchup.

But I'm picking Adesanya

Good. Will be a nice step up in competition for Israel. Also a chance for Brad to make a bigger name for himself by derailing a hype train.

Most don't know but Adesanya originally refused a UFC deal maybe a year or two back because they wanted him on the starting 10k/10k or whatever starting salary they usually go with and he turned it down.

They came back around a second time and offered him much, much more to come over to the UFC. I feared that because of the sizeable salary he makes, they'd try to bring him into top competition much quicker to justify the money they're shelling out. I get it, but he simply isn't ready for it.

Would be interesting to see what Ray Sefo has planned for Tavares in this fight. Brad just needs to try and ragdoll him though

Brad is not exciting, but experienced enough to not get dazzled by Adesanya, or get drawn into a brawl with him (and leave himself open to get KOd). I think it will be something like Immortal-Wonderboy.

Most don't know but Adesanya originally refused a UFC deal maybe a year or two back because they wanted him on the starting 10k/10k or whatever starting salary they usually go with and he turned it down.

They came back around a second time and offered him much, much more to come over to the UFC. I feared that because of the sizeable salary he makes, they'd try to bring him into top competition much quicker to justify the money they're shelling out. I get it, but he simply isn't ready for it.

Tavares is mostly a striker, no? Why do you say he's not ready?

If Tavares grapples Israel is fucked.

I'd like Adesanya to win but I think he gets derailed here.

I definitely feel like Adesanya catches his first L here.

woah, bad matchup for adesanya and too soon. tavares is no joke. if adesanya wins though which i dont see happening at this point, i think we can say he's legit but man they are throwing him into the fire with someone who is very good but really doesn't have a big name among casuals

Tavares is mostly a striker, no? Why do you say he's not ready?
Sure Tavares is a striker but he's a very capable wrestler. He relied on it on TUF and the first half of his UFC career. He's easily a much, much better grappler than Adesanya is and definitely a lot physically stronger. If he chooses to stand with Adesanya instead of using his obvious advantage then I'd be shocked.

They should give Israel time to grow, they are pushing him way to fast. Tavares is no joke, he is a complete MMA fighter.

Damn, Dana and Co. wants to find out who this Adesanya is and they are wasting no time

This is a rough match for Adesanya...I can't wait to see how good or mediocre he is with this fight

Back