Israel Adesanya vs. Brad Tavares in the Works For TUF 27 Finale

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Lol, Tavares will get styled on. Tavares isn't nearly as aggressive like Vettori was.

What made you change the title to TUF 27? Is it for sure going to be on that card? The other fights on that card are TUF WMMA losers from last year...pretty bad.
Another user pointed out during the interview that Helwani specified it's being targeted for TUF 27 finale .

would have said adesanya before that vettori fight now i'm going with tavares

Lol, Tavares will get styled on. Tavares isn't nearly as aggressive like Vettori was.
vettori is reckless and has zero technique it's not like that was a positive thing

Don't like it... but you never know the full potential of a fighter till he moves up in competition. Tavares should control the fight but not counting out the hype train of Israel.

Adesanya makes too much money to be brought up slowly..

Tavares is a bum tho, Yoel ragdolled him round the octagon. Israel is athletic enough not to be fazed by Tavares pressure attempts imo.

Via Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour. Brad Tavares confirmed it when Ariel brought it up.

Don't like this fight. If anything Adesanya proved he needs to be brought along a bit slower and Tavares probably deserves a top 10 fight even if the majority of his fights are a bit lackluster.

Agreed.

Tavares must be accepting any fight they throw at him.

He needs a higher ranked opponent or he needs to fire his manager

I think thats too early for Israel, Brad will most likely win

I think he's biting off more than he can chew here. He needs to fight someone like Meershaert or Alessio DiChirico or someone on that level.

Adesanya should have lost the decision against Vettori. Tavares will officially put him in the loss column.

Yeah, not feeling this fight to be honest.
Tavares, UD

Winnable fight for Izzy but it may be too soon for him. Could go either way.

Sure Tavares is a striker but he's a very capable wrestler. He relied on it on TUF and the first half of his UFC career. He's easily a much, much better grappler than Adesanya is and definitely a lot physically stronger. If he chooses to stand with Adesanya instead of using his obvious advantage then I'd be shocked.
People said similar things about Alvarez against Conor.

Sometimes fighters get in there with a plan and it falls apart. It's a cage fight, after all.

Weird matchup. If Adesanya keeps it standing, I think he takes it handily, but he's gotta keep that distance and avoid making bad decisions.

Tough fight for this Israeli guy. I think Tavares wins this one via experience.

Damn, as a card carrying member of the Adesanya War Wagon this fight has me admittedly nervous.

Definitely a sink or swim fight for Adesanya. Tavares only 2 losses since Aaron Simpson in like 2010 are to Whittaker and Romero.. the 2 best MW's in the division currently. Both Simpson and Romero wrestled the fuck out of Tavares as well, don't see this fight going well for Adesanya.

Back