Israel Adesanya vs. Brad Tavares in the Works For TUF 27 Finale

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Via Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour. Brad Tavares confirmed it when Ariel brought it up.

Don't like this fight. If anything Adesanya proved he needs to be brought along a bit slower and Tavares probably deserves a top 10 fight even if the majority of his fights are a bit lackluster.

Good lord Tavares is a horrible match up for Israel.

Hopefully Adesanya wins and fights Borrachinha after that.

They should give Israel time to grow, they are pushing him way to fast. Tavares is no joke, he is a complete MMA fighter.

I mean Tavares is solid but its not like he's top of the foodchain. How long do you want to wait for this guy to shine? He's in the UFC now, if you wanted him to grow you should have left him in the minor leagues. If you call up a minor leaguer in other sports, you expect them to perform at the highest level. It's no different here. Either he's ready or he's not.

I like fights with Jotko and Uriah Hall more for Adesanya at the moment.

I got Brad by being the more complete fighter.

I mean Tavares is solid but its not like he's top of the foodchain. How long do you want to wait for this guy to shine? He's in the UFC now, if you wanted him to grow you should have left him in the minor leagues. If you call up a minor leaguer in other sports, you expect them to perform at the highest level. It's no different here. Either he's ready or he's not.
yeah man I don't want an MVP-type situation where the promotion protects and shelters their crazy striking talent

it's mma ffs

100% agree but Tavares has been in the UFC for a little while now, he is sort of a dark horse in the MW division, excluding his TUF wins he is approx 12-4 in the UFC and has fought Yoel and Whittaker. It’s a massive step up. If they want to make a contender out of Israel, they should’ve matched him up with someone a little more beatable. Certainly after his last fight.

This is too soon for Israel. I have Brad by decision.

yeah man I don't want an MVP-type situation where the promotion protects and shelters their crazy striking talent

it's mma ffs
I think those situations are a bit different. MVP is murdering guys and has had plenty of fights in Bellator without a step up. Adesanya has only had 2 UFC fights and in his last time out, didn't look like some world beater.

hope israel aka jon jones in disguise can get back in the swing of things with this tune up

I think those situations are a bit different. MVP is murdering guys and has had plenty of fights in Bellator without a step up. Adesanya has only had 2 UFC fights and in his last time out, didn't look like some world beater.
I don't think Israel has had enough UFC fights to tell for sure

MVP is murdering lower-level guys in Bellator, too, iirc

hope israel aka jon jones in disguise can get back in the swing of things with this tune up
They couldn't be more different in terms of styles. People who make that comparison just see two lanky black dudes

It's a little too soon, it seems. Tavares is ranked 10, so it's a big leap (that's not even mentioning that Tavares is a solid fighter).

However. If Adesanya wins he's in a really nice spot. They could give him Machida afterwards to market him (sorry Machida)

Sure Tavares is a striker but he's a very capable wrestler. He relied on it on TUF and the first half of his UFC career. He's easily a much, much better grappler than Adesanya is and definitely a lot physically stronger. If he chooses to stand with Adesanya instead of using his obvious advantage then I'd be shocked.

I have Brad 29-28

Yeah this is a rough match up for him. Hopefully they put this on the TUF 27 finale, ufc 226 is already pretty stacked and i need some good fights to justify going.

I haven't really seen enough of Israel yet to make an informed prediction on this. I don't think most of us have. He certainly didn't dominate his last fight, but that was one fight. And Vettori's pretty legit, he's not just some can.

Israel certainly has the potential for a dazzling knockout in this one, but Tavares is solid and could ride out a decision win. Should be a decent scrap.

seems way too much too fast for israel. ariel mentioned it being in the works for the tub 27 finale the night b4 226. hope it wouldn't be main event

Back