I am from Chile. Ive been a fan for 17 years. IM DEVASTATED.

Aerosol

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I remember when the Internet and sherdog were the only way to know mma. Remember waiting days to be able to read about who won in Pride and waiting weeks for pics. Sherdog highlights were the yhing back then.

When I bought my ticket for UFC Chile I was so happy because that was a dream of mine for almost 2 decades.
Seeing a legend like Shogun live was the main reason.

Dont recall any other event where the main and co main events get scrapped almost simultaneously.

Now I understand when people get all furious at these foking changes in cards after they got tickets.

I hope they generate 2 good fights to replace the ones that got scrapped because if Ray Borg is what we get instead im trying to return my foking ticket and get a refund.

Uff I needed to get that off my chest...

That card got mucked really fast. Sucks for fans. I hope they can find someone to replace ponzi

Dont recall any other event where the main and co main events get scrapped almost simultaneously.
Yeah these main and co mains always happen as booked, Chile is the rare exemption.

dana-white_laugh.jpg

Dana-White-Money.jpg

At least u guys got a good card in the first instance unlike the UK guys who get cock in ass card all the time lol

Seeing UFC/MMA live is over rated. Much better on TV.

I remember when the Internet and sherdog were the only way to know mma. Remember waiting days to be able to read about who won in Pride and waiting weeks for pics. Sherdog highlights were the yhing back then.

When I bought my ticket for UFC Chile I was so happy because that was a dream of mine for almost 2 decades.

Now I understand when people get all furious at these foking changes in cards after they got tickets.

I hope they generate 2 good fights to replace the ones that got scrapped because if Ray Borg is what we get instead im trying to return my foking ticket and get a refund.

If you've been a fan for 17 years then you should know that this shit happens to UFC events on a regular basis. UFC Chile has really taken a beating, and I'm sorry for you about that, but it will still be an event full of elite-level fighters (as long as there are no lame WMMA fights or obese-heavyweight fights), so if you're a real fight fan and not a casual you should still have a great time.

I'm with you buddeh.
I have had my hi's and my lows with live events.
I saw UFC 97 cage side in Montreal. It was an all-star card. I've also paid to see that shit they had in Calgary.

Last edited:

As someone that's been to a few MMA fights, its one of the worst live experiences of any sport.

The cage is an abstruction.
Since you're stationary, you never see the absolute best angle of the action for longer than a glympse every so often.
The best angle to view the action is at a 15% angle from above the cage, but from whatever distance you'd see it, it'd be too far to actually SEE it.

What the best kept-secret is, home viewers always get the best view of the action, from 15 different cameras.

Lol

poor OP

wonder if you were the user someone mentioned about being so hyped for the card and it ended up like this

i was hoping they'd do Shogun/Bisping

but guess not

As someone that's been to a few MMA fights, its one of the worst live experiences of any sport.

But still you went back a few times?

Sucks for the TS but Ponz vs Usman wasn't going to be a great fight as Usman is old skool lay n pray, quite often the best fights aren't the main or co-main anyway.

Sorry man, I feel for you.

And don't "just be glad the UFC is coming to Chile". Get a refund if you get a bad card. I'm speaking from my own experience. Going to a weak UFC card just because the UFC doesn't come to your country often is not worth it. I would recommend going to your countries next good MMA or boxing card instead, or some other event you like.

I flew to another country to see Shogun face Kevin Randleman.

It's the reason why I have never, and will never, buy tickets to a Live UFC event.

For the same amount of money, I could fly overseas and have a long weekend somewhere partying. And that country isn't going anywhere, if I buy tickets to go abroad, I'm going abroad. No disappointments. Fuck spending £250 for top tickets to an event that is 60/40 likely to fall to pieces.

Sorry to tell you this TS, but you're goijng to be watching a main event involving Tatiana Suarez or Veronica Macedo.

Back