Do you think the Rose vs JJ rematch is happening too soon?

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Is there not enough time since their last fight for JJ to evolve her game?
I don't see this next fight being much different.

JJ has pillow fists. So maybe her only path is winning is a decision.
But either Rose has KO power, JJ has a glass chin, or both.

I'd rather see how Rose stacks up against the rest of her division.

Yeah I hate instant rematches for bad reasons. Unless a freak accident happens or a controversial decision, I don't want to see an instant rematch.

But if you think about it, it's kinda funny how they gave practically every champion an instant rematch but not Jose Aldo.

Last edited:
Hope Rose KTFO booger woman again

If it means Nosferatu gets knocked out and humbled some more then no it’s not soon enough.

<21>

don't think it matters.

there's no other fight in that division that anyone really cares about. JJ had a good championship reign. it's an interesting rematch, definitely more interesting than any of the contenders vs Rose.

if Rose wins, she can basically end JJ's run in that division which should make the obsessive haters happy
if JJ wins decisively, we might have a Cain/JDS situation and possible trilogy which is good for business (and good for people that like either fighter)
and if it's a close, competitive fight then it's a close, competitive fight and that's great

people seem to wanna be up in arms about instant rematches when it's a fighter they don't like, but i think a lot of the time they make perfect sense especially if the division itself is lacking clear contenders. i think this is one of those times.

if i felt like we were missing something by this rematch taking place, maybe i'd care. but we aren't, so let it happen imo

See I wouldn't mind this rematch if JJ just admitted she tapped to strikes and stopped claiming she was still the Straweight champ.

Hope Rose makes her tap to strikes again.

It is way too soon. I despise instant rematches.

I hope JJ wins so there will be a super mega trilogy and all the suckers that want this rematch get
a main event on a future PPV shoved down their throats, super fucking pointless style.

Yeah I hate instant rematches for bad reasons. Unless a freak accident happens or a controversial decision, I don't want to see an instant rematch.

But if you think about it, it's kinda funny how they gave practically every champion an instant rematch but not Jose Aldo.

only funny after some time has passed for us aldo fans :oops:

We can't give Joanna too much time to recover and collect her thoughts. The more she believes she didn't do anything wrong and Rose just got lucky and the quicker she wants to get back in, the higher chance we have of another KO. :cool:

But if you think about it, it's kinda funny how they gave practically every champion an instant rematch but not Jose Aldo or GSP.
Fixed that for you. Aldo got another titleshot, just not an instant rematch because Conor left otherwise he was getting one.

GSP actually didn't get an immediate rematch after losing to Serra.

JJ held that belt for a long time and showed impressive skills and fun fights every time.

She deserves it.

Ive seen zero coverage of rose champion, she is a p.r. nightmare .

Here is your miserable champ folks...

Fixed that for you. Aldo got another titleshot, just not an instant rematch because Conor left otherwise he was getting one.

GSP actually didn't get an immediate rematch after losing to Serra.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure GSP was offered an instant rematch but he opt out because he said he wanted to earn it. I could be wrong. Well maybe I am.

Anyway; It was GSP's first title defense.

tapping to strikes and getting an immediate second chance. cooooooooooooooooooooool

at first I thought it was but I'm still pretty stoked about it now that it's coming up

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure GSP was offered an instant rematch but he opt out because he said he wanted to earn it. I could be wrong. Well maybe I am.

Anyway; It was GSP's first title defense.
It didn't help Aldo that he got injured for the 1st Mcgregor fight then KO'ed in 13 seconds when they actually fought. Nonetheless, I don't think any champ deserves and immediate rematch after definitively losing their belt.

Aldos situation was different.

Back