Jay Hieron: UFC's Yoel Romero has paid price for weight miss, title shot is fair

Theoretically, I don't think it's fair. But then again, who else?

Theoretically, I don't think it's fair. But then again, who else?
Currently mw div have no options, yoel made a little mistake with the weight cut and he paid for it. Good for Yoe`l he won the fight against Rockhold, but still godman 100k for other fighters in the ufc can only dream about.

Romero already got robbed of a title shot so this is only fair.

who? oh the guy that whooped askren

The fight against Rockhold was in a different division.

Romero should earn a MW title shot in the MW division.

Romero should get it. But if nothing is set by the time Jacare fights Kelvin, i wouldn't mind the winner of that fight either.

Romero never missed weight in his entire career.

Now on short notice he missed by 3 pounds.

Not a big deal, especially seeing as Rockhold dwarfed him anyway.

Give the man his shot, he's like 60, this might be his last run.

Who doesn't want to see Romero vs Whittaker 2?

The first fight was amazing, simple as that. Highest-level MMA for 5 rounds. I'm pretty sure we all appreciate this.
And meanwhile, Gastelum and Jacare can fight for the #1 Contender spot.

I don't know, the nerds are still angry so
There goes Colby, picking fights behind a keyboard again
maxresdefault.jpg

Dream on, jabroni
You clearly didn't watch the fight, jabroni.

Askren got his ass whooped and was gifted a terrible decision. Askren wouldn't be top 5 in the UFC if his life depended on it. He looks good fighting a bunch of Malaysian rice farmers, but when it comes to real competition.......nah

Lima and Koreshkov both have shit TDD, and they were both green as fuck when Askren humped them to death.

You clearly didn't watch the fight, jabroni.

Askren got his ass whooped and was gifted a terrible decision. Askren wouldn't be top 5 in the UFC if his life depended on it. He looks good fighting a bunch of Malaysian rice farmers, but when it comes to real competition.......nah

Lima and Koreshkov both have shit TDD, and they were both green as fuck when Askren humped them to death.

I’ve seen the fight and Askren won. Jay competed. Have you? Or were you you just annoyed that people hold a non-UFC fighter in high regard you saw “split decision” against a UFC washout on fight finder or Wikipedia and shilled away. This is simply UFC shills way of coping with the fact UFC ducked Askren and most objective viewers of MMA know the “ultimate baddest motherfuckers” wouldn’t be able to handle Funky and the UFC knew that. Jay Hieron beating Askren is a lie only perpetrated by UFC shills who only pay attention to non-UFC fighters if it’s time to tear down or discredit.

Mark of a shill is “malaysian rice farmers” and people who think Koreahkov and Lima aren’t great wins.

Last edited:
I agree with everything Jay said. Godman 100k isn`t peanuts.
Source: http://mmajunkie.com/2018/02/jay-hi...tle-shot-fair-says-former-fighter-ufc-221-mma
Agree or disagree?
Thoughts?
I don't think that it is fair, at all. He should have to earn another win at the weightclass in order to gain the shot. 3lbs is no joke when you are discussing how much weight he has to lose. If he were forced to lose those last 3 lbs, he would have been severely drained and it, very well, could have affected the outcome of the fight. And this is because I am not even close to being a Rockhold fan but if he made weight, he suffered the drain and stress on his body that Romero should have had to endure as well. That being said, cutters are duckers, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back