Francis will fight for title again

Naterade

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Everyone already forgot the run Francis just went on to get to Stipe. Can't discount what he just did to Overeem, Arlovski and Blaydes before that. Who in the HW division besides Cain (who may never come back/be the same) and Stipe poses such giant problems for him? He's still probably going to starch everyone except those 2.

Stipe implemented/executed what he needed to do perfectly. Francis looked like complete shit but it's very evident what happened. He has a bunch of dumbasses around him and he bought into his own mystique/delusions that the UFC and Dana were pumping up his ass. As a result he didn't train like he should have, blew his load in the first thinking he would get the KO no matter what and got completely exposed. The same thing happened to Conor in the first Diaz fight....was that the end of the world for Conor?

So lets consider:

• Hes only 31 which is VERY young for a HW with his genetics + considering he's taken such a miniscule amount of damage thus far and has been fighting for less than 5 years
  • Hes still a freak
  • He can very rapidly get much better on where he needs improvement so long as he gets away from whoever his 'coaches' are now and goes to the proper camp.

Agreed.

He was in over his head here, but the guy is still an infant in terms of how long he has been training.

If he works on his weaknesses and gas tank, he will be champ down the road.

Okay. Thanks for dispelling the rumors that were going around saying the opposite. I can rest well tonight knowing this important piece of information.
1515198435000.jpg

He will win the Bellator tourney against a washed up UFC LHW in 2020

No gas tank or ground game

Nobody forgot about his run. But they did see him gas midway through Round 1.

Not a good look.

He might be back, but he has A LOT of work to do.

"Who in the HW division besides Cain (who may never come back/be the same) and Stipe poses such giant problems for him?"

Anyone with a double leg

Okay. Thanks for dispelling the rumors that were going around saying the opposite. I can rest well tonight knowing this important piece of information.

12:00 - 24:00

Its like all the CTE kicks in at once

Believed his own hype and gassed out trying to force a KO as soon as possible. Needs to work on cardio a lot but will be back "in the mix" very soon - especially with the state of the HW division. He is such a threat to end a fight early and not everybody has the abilities of prime Stipe. Even fighting as stupidly as he did there's a good chance he would KO a good portion of the HW top ten.

Werdum beats him nowadays
He had no good answer to Miocic underhooks and Werdum knows how to use it, some knees in the clinch and low kicks and he'd be gassed, one takedown and it's all over

But i agree he has potential to fight for the title again and be a champion

I wanna see him x Tybura/Lewis winner next

He has one loss to the champ, in the least deep division in the UFC. You are prophetic, ts<TheWire1>

I think we're going to see Volkov vs Francis, and i'm not even sure who wins that.

Think you forgot:
  • Would get besmirched by any version of Wes Sims

he beats most HWs

so it is very likely

I'd love to see ngannou vs jds

but usada won't clear jds because he isn't american

He is Brett Rogers 2.0 minus the whole beating women thing

I think Frank Zingano is a clear #2 and no one else would survive a round with him besides stone chin Stipe

Ngannou is usually far more patient in his fights and either underestimated Stipe or the moment got to him (or both). I think it will end up being something like GSP vs Hughes where it was just too much too soon.

Yeah he'll likely fight for the title again.I keep seeing this underestimating excuse and now according to TS he didn't train like he should?Everyone says he trains like a monster and you really think he let off the gas in his training going into a title fight?!?What?I have paid the price for underestimating people in competition (wrestling/judo) but in a title fight?It's just an excuse and his super confident act is just the new annoying shtick fighters are employing to get hype/well known.

The guy lost to a better fighter that's it,enough with these stupid excuses.I had Stipe-KO-3 on multiple sites,fans are blinded too easily (not that it was an easy fight to pick with confidence).Why do fans have to make up excuses or defend excuses especially an overconfident excuse going into a UFC title fight lol,there's no excuse for that.

He'll learn a ton from this and come back better most likely but on the flip side the blue print to beat him has been laid out (even though it seemed like the obvious route to take).

Everyone already forgot the run Francis just went on to get to Stipe. Can't discount what he just did to Overeem, Arlovski and Blaydes before that. Who in the HW division besides Cain (who may never come back/be the same) and Stipe poses such giant problems for him? He's still probably going to starch everyone except those 2.

Stipe implemented/executed what he needed to do perfectly. Francis looked like complete shit but it's very evident what happened. He has a bunch of dumbasses around him and he bought into his own mystique/delusions that the UFC and Dana were pumping up his ass. As a result he didn't train like he should have, blew his load in the first thinking he would get the KO no matter what and got completely exposed. The same thing happened to Conor in the first Diaz fight....was that the end of the world for Conor?

So lets consider:

• Hes only 31 which is VERY young for a HW with his genetics + considering he's taken such a miniscule amount of damage thus far and has been fighting for less than 5 years
  • Hes still a freak
  • He can very rapidly get much better on where he needs improvement so long as he gets away from whoever his 'coaches' are now and goes to the proper camp.

He would have to improve several aspects of his game. Thankfully for him HW is a joke division with 5 real contenders

Back