The stupidity of training in Thailand for MMA

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
We see that this happening from time to time, and usually results in a loss. The latest victim of Thomas Almeida.

As much people enjoy and admire Muay Thai, the traditional way of doing it doesn't translate into mma very well, also there is a lacking of high quaility wrestling/grappling training over there.

Right now no country compares to the USA for mma training, but Brazil, Russia, South Korea are more fitting places than Thailand.

I'm pretty sure training in Thailand is more about ducking tests than ducking punches.

No one's goes to Thailand to get better at MMA.

They go to Thailand to improve their MT and try implement that into their overall MMA game.

fighters go to Thailand when the sexual adventures of Vegas become dull and boring.

Pearl Gonzalez is in Thailand training right now.

Easy to live cheap and eat well. Pussy flocks to you like flies because your so handsome. Or maybe it's because your plane ticket would cost a Thai 6 months wages. I loved it there, but it nearly ruined me.

No one's goes to Thailand to get better at MMA.

They go to Thailand to improve their MT and try implement that into their overall MMA game.

None of the guys I know, who went to Thailand, went for any of the reasons you listed.
I know a lot of guys who went to Thailand and came back with big smiles on their faces.

None of the guys I know, who went to Thailand, went for any of the reasons you listed.
I know a lot of guys who went to Thailand and came back with big smiles on their faces.
They don't have to go to Thailand for that. They can go to San Francisco.

I'm pretty sure training in Thailand is more about ducking tests than ducking punches.
Correct. A few years ago Overeem literally hopped on the first plane to Thailand when he found out he'd be getting tested 24 hours out.

If they want to train Muay Thai, I'm surprised more guys don't train in Singapore. Only camp I know that not only doesn't take a cut, but pays fighters to train there.

Back