A Henri Hooft fighter sh*ts the bed once again

Maori

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The last 6 fights Ive seen him help prepare and corner have looked terrible, literally.

2x Rumble, 3x Johnson and now volkan have looked mediocre and ill prepared to take on the guys in front of them.

Maybe it has more to do with the guys theyve faced, (Khabib and Dc are two of them) but Ive also noticed Blackzillian fighters in general have declined.

After the Blackzillian split I thought maybe these guys may get it together but under Henri they havent.One thing Ive noticed is once the big shot aint there theyve looked like fish out of water.

Thoughts?

Edit:put money on yoel if hooft is cornering?

Last edited:
One thing is for sure, they just don't have the right game plan to deal with a fighter like DC.

One thing is for sure, they just don't have the right game plan to deal with a fighter like DC.
I would have figured a left high kick would have been in the fold set up using low, mid kicks after watching jones dc.

Instead we were given a bad impression of stipes running backwards punching technique he used on werdum.at least thats how I remember the fight

Didn’t his coaches complain Rumble didn’t follow the gameplan though?

And I don’t think Johnson ever had much for Khabib outside of a lucky punch.

You can't say Johnson looked bad in his FW debut...

But yea, he hasn't been that succesfull.

Rumble always seemed like a guy with very few tools.

Rumble has won every fight at LHW and above not involving DC.

Gameplans don't mean shit if your opponent is better than you

Both Johnson's got grapple fucked on the ground.. isn't hooft. Striking coach

They simply have no ground game. It's MMA in 2018, wake-up dudes.

Rumble has won every fight at LHW and above not involving DC.
Yo your right bro, like i said once the shots taken away he hasnt looked the best.

Dc 1 he looked impressive but lost, I would have thought he would have made adjustments but instead got a rematch and looked even worse.

The last 6 fights Ive seen him help prepare and corner have looked terrible, literally.

2x Rumble, 3x Johnson and now volkan have looked mediocre and ill prepared to take on the guys in front of them.

Maybe it has more to do with the guys theyve faced, (Khabib and Dc are two of them) but Ive also noticed Blackzillian fighters in general have declined.

After the Blackzillian split I thought maybe these guys may get it together but under Henri they havent.One thing Ive noticed is once the big shot aint there theyve looked like fish out of water.

Thoughts?

Edit:put money on yoel if hooft is cornering?

Volkan looked great considering his relative inexperience. Needs to continue to train, look at the progress gustafsson had with his wrestling from training with phil davis? It can be done

Lord knows why Rockhold left AKA for the clown car snake oil salesman Hooft. AKA has built its brand off of owning Blackzillion fighters and now Luke leaves them for the biggest failure team in all of MMA, the Edmund that never had a champion.

What is worse than seeming ill prepared the information he gives his fighters between rounds is just awefull. It's not good from a strategically point and what is even worse he offers nothing for them to get energy from. No pep talk or no calm down, nothing - fighters that get outclassed and are send back in with little to no advice....

Volkan looked great considering his relative inexperience. Needs to continue to train, look at the progress gustafsson had with his wrestling from training with phil davis? It can be done
You think its a wrestling deficiency?

Radhad Evans helped Volkan, Rockhold would have been training im sure.

Maybe Rashad sucks lol

What is worse than seeming ill prepared the information he gives his fighters between rounds is just awefull. It's not good from a strategically point and what is even worse he offers nothing for them to get energy from. No pep talk or no calm down, nothing - fighters that get outclassed and are send back in with little to no advice....
Ive noticed that to, might run it back and have another listen in some of those fights

Actually, that’s what gameplans are for.
Yes and no. You can have the best gameplan in the world but if you can't actually implement it than it's worthless. Especially when you take into account your opponent has his own gameplan his trying to follow.

Yo your right bro, like i said once the shots taken away he hasnt looked the best.

Dc 1 he looked impressive but lost, I would have thought he would have made adjustments but instead got a rematch and looked even worse.

That DC 2 fight is pretty close to a thrown fight.

Back