Business is a crucial part of all sports

Squall10

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And Conor has passed the business side of the equation with flying colors. He has exceeded all other UFC fighters without even fighting once.

Consider Sun Tzu's The Art of War and fighting without fighting. Let all of Conor's enemies be consumed with jealousy for being unable to achieve what he has.

Here's a mathematical statistic for the mentally challenged on this forum.
One fighter has averaged 1.3 million or so in his last several bouts, not counting the outrageous numbers of the Floyd battle.

The other fighter is unactive and has never headlined. The third fighter sold 120 k PPV's.

So the bottom line is that they have utterly failed in a crucial aspect of the sport, like it or not. For those that don't like it, they can't put forth their own hard earned cash to promote Ferguson Khabib for the title.

Tony Ferguson is going to beat khabib in my book

And Conor has passed the business side of the equation with flying colors. He has exceeded all other UFC fighters without even fighting once.

Consider Sun Tzu's The Art of War and fighting without fighting. Let all of Conor's enemies be consumed with jealousy for being unable to achieve what he has.

As+seen+three+times+or+more+in+the+comment+section+_b458448b3ef21db757b9d3bd605ca1e2.gif

No one is arguing Conor’s success as a fighter and his amazing marketing skills. Champs are supposed to defend. If he’s not willing to do this, then he’s not worthy of that title.

Business is being inactive? Business ? What happens when he does come back and is used to mop the floors. Is that business too?

Didn't you post this exact same thread yesterday? You do realize that the definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome, no?

As with yesterday's thread, I fail to see how the business aspect addresses these two points:

1. The champion's responsibility is to defend the belt
2. An inactive fighter is not good for business

Who gives a fuck? Is he lining your pockets? No. Shut up. Defend, vacate or get stripped.

- Conor should defend or vacate.
- Um, have you seen how much money he's made?
- Good for him, but I don't care...all I care about is good fights.
- You're retarded. He's made a hundred million dollars.

Name one thing
- Conor should defend or vacate.
- Um, have you seen how much money he's made?
- Good for him, but I don't care...all I care about is good fights.
- You're retarded. He's made a hundred million dollars.
Name one thing I said that wasn't true
What's your counterargument dipshit?

Name one thing

Name one thing I said that wasn't true
What's your counterargument dipshit?

You're not exactly the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

Debates are about addressing interlocutors' arguments, not about mindlessly repeating that which has got nothing to do with said arguments (even if what you're saying is objectively true).

Ponder that for awhile.

Conor not fighting brings more attention to the UFC than Khabib or The Cuck fighting does.

You're not exactly the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

Debates are about addressing interlocutors' arguments, not about mindlessly repeating that which has got nothing to do with said arguments (even if what you're saying is objectively true).

Ponder that for awhile.
Your argument is to stick your head in the sand and pretend the business side doesn't exist. And then cry about the purity of the sport, when nothing can be a hundred percent sure.

Who gives a fuck? Is he lining your pockets? No. Shut up. Defend, vacate or get stripped.

I'm so old I can remember when half of all threads were complaints about fighter pay.

As far as being a good businessman, I can see why Conor treated the FW belt how he did and then why he fought Mayweather. He broke the mold and got rich doing it.

But I can't see how not fighting Khabib or Ferguson is making him any money right now. You can say he already has enough, but contentment isn't a business strategy.

Didn't you post this exact same thread yesterday? You do realize that the definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome, no?

As with yesterday's thread, I fail to see how the business aspect addresses these two points:

1. The champion's responsibility is to defend the belt
2. An inactive fighter is not good for business

Maybe today he thought it sounded less stupid.

Your argument is to stick your head in the sand and pretend the business side doesn't exist. And then cry about the purity of the sport, when nothing can be a hundred percent sure.

Read my lips: I don't care about the business...and let's be really honest for a moment here - neither do you. If someone you personally dislike or deem boring were to hold the entire division hostage, you would bitch and moan incessantly. The sole reason you forgive Conor for doing so is your infatuation with him.

When fanboys start using financial success to justify athletic ability, it is LOL time. LOL

Sports is simple. Competitors faceoff, and the last man/team standing or judged to be the winner, is the most successful.

The size of the penis, bank account, and etc is irrelevant in deciding who is the best athlete on the field of play. LOL

Here's a mathematical statistic for the mentally challenged on this forum.
One fighter has averaged 1.3 million or so in his last several bouts, not counting the outrageous numbers of the Floyd battle.

The other fighter is unactive and has never headlined. The third fighter sold 120 k PPV's.

So the bottom line is that they have utterly failed in a crucial aspect of the sport, like it or not. For those that don't like it, they can't put forth their own hard earned cash to promote Ferguson Khabib for the title.
Listen up you pudgy armchair philosopher, the main word in the UFC is Fighting. That's what the capital F stands for. Not Financial. Not Fantasy. Not Fuck the fans. You follow me so far, Socrates? McGreedy has completely ignored that aspect and turned it into the Ultimate Farce Company, and Dana has allowed it due to his greed and utter stupidity regarding business. Any even wiser Chinese guy once said, and I quote, "Man who drop watch in toilet, bound to have shitty time." Let that sink in.
1487728302937.jpg

Back