Lets be totally honest, wouldn't we all be happier if...

DWAYNEAMERICA

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
The shit was faked, choreographed, pre determined, etc., and our heroes could reign indefinitely? Epic feuds could be played out over years. The aging greats could have Hulk Hogan-like longevity. None of the greats would have to suffer the humility of losing in some artful way to some shit-personality noob fighter.

Just imagine it...Chuck, Tito, Ken, Fedor, Anderson, Rua, Rampage, etc...all of these guys we've loved to watch could go on well into their 60s.

Of course your gut reaction is going to be to tell me to f-off...but just stop and think about it. In a sport where "anyone can beat anyone on any given night", do we really care who is the better fighter?

Nah

8rWSPVW.gif

I mean, yeah, I do care about who the better fighter is, believe it or not it’s why I watch

Nah, It sucks to watch your favorites get whooped but if it were staged that's like knowingly believing in Santa Claus

The shit was faked, choreographed, pre determined, etc., and our heroes could reign indefinitely? Epic feuds could be played out over years. The aging greats could have Hulk Hogan-like longevity. None of the greats would have to suffer the humility of losing in some artful way to some shit-personality noob fighter.

Just imagine it...Chuck, Tito, Ken, Fedor, Anderson, Rua, Rampage, etc...all of these guys we've loved to watch could go on well into their 60s.

Of course your gut reaction is going to be to tell me to f-off...but just stop and think about it. In a sport where "anyone can beat anyone on any given night", do we really care who is the better fighter?

F you, you beta male. We want blood. We want to see murder live! We want to see who the best "no-weapon" murdererer is! Yes we are psycho in this way! But that's what makes us us!

F you, you beta male. We want blood. We want to see murder live! We want to see who the best "no-weapon" murdererer is! Yes we are psycho in this way! But that's what makes us us!

So you just get super hard over one man physically dominating another man? Overpowering him? Hurting him? Breaking him?

Sounds kind of homoerotic if you ask me :confused:

i don't know if we'd be happier but seeing an old lion beaten down and unable to find their former glory really does hurt sometimes

maybe it's worse in mma and boxing than in most other sports because of the helplessly vulnerable position of a beaten fighter, and the way they have to balance taking fights and trying again with ever diminishing potential and ever accumulating damage against the tragedy of letting go of their lifetime's passion

Last edited:
My gut reaction is NOT to tell you to fuck off. It's to nod grimly with the realization that judging from your other posts, this is exactly the attitude I'd expect from you.

THEN I want to tell you to fuck off.

Back