Stipe; King of the short range power right hand

Titleboxe

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How he manages to generate so much power with that right hand traveling such a short distance is beyond me;

bG1s5Q9.gif

PossibleCompassionateLangur.gif

stoppage-vs-overeem1.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

All of this in contrast to Ngannou who generates tremendous power but from a longer range and with both hands;

RrZTE3e.gif

andrei.gif

francis2.gif

It's going to be an interesting fight, two heavy hitters but with very different KO styles.

Double ko via short range power right hands.

<Moves>

Say what you want about overeem getting knocked out 1,000 different ways.....but seeing a well rounded high level guy getting knocked unconscience in full guard, is crazy

Say what you want about overeem getting knocked out 1,000 different ways.....but seeing a well rounded high level guy getting knocked unconscience in full guard, is crazy
That ground n pound was brutal, every single shot was on the button.

Double ko via short range power right hands.

<Moves>

Honestly both men look hittable to me so I do strongly suspect its going to be a case of who lands first. Not sure Stipe would automatically have to KO Ngannou to win but I suspect he'll have to at least hurt him to keep him off of him.

Last edited:
That ground n pound was brutal, every single shot was on the button.

Not sure that was too impressive, Reem was staying stock still doing nothing with Stipe at range above him, if your missing GnP in that position something is very wrong.

Honestly both men look hittable to me so I do strongly suspect its going to be a case of who lands first. Not sure Stipe would automatically have to KO Ngannou to win but I suspect he'll have to at least hurt him to keep him off of him.
It may not look like it,
But Stipe's defensive reflexes are on point....the man has fought world heavyweight championship boxing contenders

tumblr_mb6hgiS6Bc1rg8g1xo1_500.gif

If struve can do this to him then just imagine what Ngannou will do

There will be a new king of the heavyweight division trust me

It may not look like it,
But Stipe's defensive reflexes are on point....the man has fought world heavyweight championship boxing contenders

Who exactly? what I'v seen in MMA says decent defence but prone to being rather upright without amazing reactions and prone to reaching rather too much when going forward.

Didn't you just claim in another thread than Stipe TKOing Hunt on the ground was a sign of him beating a K-1 champ standing?

He also makes the opponent move into that range, so his short punch still has alot of power.

Shane Carwin is the short range power GOAT

tumblr_mb6hgiS6Bc1rg8g1xo1_500.gif

If struve can do this to him then just imagine what Ngannou will do

There will be a new king of the heavyweight division trust me

And imagine what JDS and overeem would do to him if struve did that. I bet those two would destroy him if they ever fought. Oh wait...

And imagine what JDS and overeem would do to him if struve did that. I bet those two would destroy him if they ever fought. Oh wait...

JDS and Overeem both rocked him they just couldn't finish him Ngannou has the type of power which would put Stipe down for good. Stipe has shown time and time again that he can be knocked out while Ngannou has yet to be rocked

JDS and Overeem both rocked him they just couldn't finish him Ngannou has the type of power which would put Stipe down for good. Stipe has shown time and time again that he can be knocked out while Ngannou has yet to be rocked

Finishing hurt opponents does tend to be a weakness of Jnr and Overeem as well IMHO, they can knock someone cold of course but if they don't then the followup often isn't great.

Back