Stipe; King of the short range power right hand

I think Stipe will pick Ngannou appart with jabs for a while but then who knows who lands the powershot first.

Dude has them hands. So Pumped to see him and Ngannou Bang!!! #SLEPT

Did you forget about the eye poke the ref didnt see
He probably never even saw the friggin fight.

Probably just came across that gif in some other thread where other losers use it anytime Stipe is mentioned.

Thread title sounds like my personal masturbation tactics. PMT to be brief.

Stipe Miocic on Ngannou's power

"Listen, he’s a good, tough dude. I mean, he can bring the pain. So will I."

"Everyone hits hard in the heavyweight division, I mean, 260-pound men, 250-pound men, you’re not supposed to be hit by something like that. I fought ‘JDS,’ I fought Alistair, I fought Mark Hunt. I fought guys who threw hard. And he’s a little wild too, which, that’s tough. Sometimes you can’t prepare for that because there’s punches you don’t see. There’s no question, he does hit hard, but I’m not going to be stupid and put myself in a position where I’m going to get hit. I’m going to do things that make him feel uncomfortable, and I’m going to do what I’m going to do."

Stipe Miocic on Alistair's mistakes

“I think Overeem really was just kinda being a little sloppy against Ngannou and then put his face right in the lane, when I fought Alistair, he was very traditional, moving around, running, but keeping his distance. When he fought me, he was throwing straights and he wasn’t really throwing anything wild. But with Ngannou he was throwing all these wild punches.”

How the Stipe fight went probably explains the shift though, Overeem was afraid of being hustled again(even moreso by a faster opponent than Stipe) whilst trying to pick away from range and desided to trade more aggressively instead.

Theres a reason why picking away from range was his tactic originally though of course, both in terms of chin and technique, aggressive boxing matches are not Allistairs strength.

Allistair did give Ngannou the opening that Stipe arguably didn't get but still he did have to take it by landing a well timed fight ending shot. I don't think Stipe really had to do anything that special offencively to beat Overeem on the other hand, just keep on hustling against the cage and throw at Reem putting up a high guard and little else till he got rocked/panicy enough to fall over and get TKOed easily.

Last edited:
After watching the GIFs and nothing else I got Stipe. He's just so much more on point while Ngannu has these crazy powerful winging punches. Precision beats power.

QKUrAe0.png

After watching the GIFs and nothing else I got Stipe. He's just so much more on point while Ngannu has these crazy powerful winging punches. Precision beats power.

Depends on the degree of precision to me and also of course on speed, I really don't know how this is going to go but I don't think Stipe has shown boxing so ultra slick and fast that him getting blasted quickly by Francis is that unlikely.

Ngannou hasn't been charging around like Werdum did with his hands down and his chin out, its moreso that he exchanges very aggressively with looping shots, the openings to potentially exploit that are to go into the lions den with him rather than a low risk counter like Stipe landed on Werdum IMHO.

We need to see how Francis reacts to getting hit clean. It will happen at some point. Will he be fine and continue his gameplan or will be panic and start to get desperate? Stipe is likely to get his attention at least once, regardless the outcome. We'll see.

So filling a room with short range power right hands is a thing now? Thanks TS!
lQwB8bo.gif

Who exactly? what I'v seen in MMA says decent defence but prone to being rather upright without amazing reactions and prone to reaching rather too much when going forward.

Didn't you just claim in another thread than Stipe TKOing Hunt on the ground was a sign of him beating a K-1 champ standing?
@Mammothman
@The Moloko man

Bryant Jennings.
Bryant Jennings is the guy he's referring to. Stipe boxed him at the national level of the golden gloves and Jennings went on to fight Klitschko for the heavyweight title.

JDS and Overeem both rocked him they just couldn't finish him Ngannou has the type of power which would put Stipe down for good. Stipe has shown time and time again that he can be knocked out while Ngannou has yet to be rocked
Ngannou was wobbled by a jab from Blaydes in the first 5 seconds of their fight. He’s not some invincible destroyer. He’s totally beatable.

he's a big heavy man that hit opponent's chin

Pulling for Stipe after seeing him on Rogan's podcast.

LOLd at him telling stories of ten year olds shit talking him in call of duty

Gosh ngannou strikes so wide. Could be a short night for him. Stipe is wayyy tighter

hes got that good footwork, plant quickly and throw w the whole body

Back