Stipe; King of the short range power right hand

Shane Carwin is the short range power GOAT

This just proves how great brock's chin is. If he trained seriously, he could be one of the GOATs. But he thought MMA is easy and relied on his athleticism and supplements

a 250b guy can knock someone out with a short punch,who'd have thought?

On guys coming forward with chins straight up and defense sloppy or non existent. Lmao. (Stipe don't look 250 lately doe)

But these kids be like

<TheWire1>

ngannou has good reach and knows how to use it, man his uppercuts are nice too.

cant wait for the fight

i think stipe takes him down and pounds on him much like he did to hunt

This just proves how great brock's chin is. If he trained seriously, he could be one of the GOATs. But he thought MMA is easy and relied on his athleticism and supplements

He could, but was still light years from having a decent striking game IMHO

All of the sudden the heavyweight division looks exciting again.

How he manages to generate so much power with that right hand traveling such a short distance is beyond me;

bG1s5Q9.gif

PossibleCompassionateLangur.gif

stoppage-vs-overeem1.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

All of this in contrast to Ngannou who generates tremendous power but from a longer range and with both hands;

RrZTE3e.gif

andrei.gif

francis2.gif

It's going to be an interesting fight, two heavy hitters but with very different KO styles.
proper technique. simple as that.

these guys wind up and chuck looping punches to get power because they dont know how to do it properly.

On guys coming forward with chins straight up and defense sloppy or non existent. Lmao. (Stipe don't look 250 lately doe)

But these kids be like

<TheWire1>

overeem cant

ngannou cant

not many heavyweights can, because they dont have a short punch.

Stipe Miocic on Ngannou's power

"Listen, he’s a good, tough dude. I mean, he can bring the pain. So will I."

"Everyone hits hard in the heavyweight division, I mean, 260-pound men, 250-pound men, you’re not supposed to be hit by something like that. I fought ‘JDS,’ I fought Alistair, I fought Mark Hunt. I fought guys who threw hard. And he’s a little wild too, which, that’s tough. Sometimes you can’t prepare for that because there’s punches you don’t see. There’s no question, he does hit hard, but I’m not going to be stupid and put myself in a position where I’m going to get hit. I’m going to do things that make him feel uncomfortable, and I’m going to do what I’m going to do."

Stipe Miocic on Alistair's mistakes

“I think Overeem really was just kinda being a little sloppy against Ngannou and then put his face right in the lane, when I fought Alistair, he was very traditional, moving around, running, but keeping his distance. When he fought me, he was throwing straights and he wasn’t really throwing anything wild. But with Ngannou he was throwing all these wild punches.”

Ngannou can definitely win. For sure. No debate

But I think a lot of people around these parts forgot who Stipe is.

His short right reminds me of
foreman-moorer-ko-other-angle-o.gif

He doesn't need much space but if it connects it's lights out!

He has a great kinetic chain. He really engages his full body to generate that power.

He also makes the opponent move into that range, so his short punch still has alot of power.
Exactly this! If you look closely at those ko's Stipe is in the perfect position and clips them right on the chin most of the time.

Alot of he have sit foot work and positioning Stipe has great positioning and is able to bait guys in his range.

This combined with his ability to generate full power with short hooks and his accuracy make him deadly. Truly a joy to watch him fight. I don't miss Stipes fights.

Say what you want about overeem getting knocked out 1,000 different ways.....but seeing a well rounded high level guy getting knocked unconscience in full guard, is crazy

Glassy chin or not, that shot would have knocked anybody out.

They're different punches...

Stipe sets things up with his left then finishes with his right.

Ngannou is looking to donkey-kong obliterate with 1 hit.

I know we're just comparing gifs here but Stipe's technique is better.

Back