TJ fan's denying Dominick Cruz's win over TJ in an attempt to change reality

Ragnus

K-1 Heavyweight Champion
@Green
Reaction score
I've been seeing this way too much lately, people on Sherdog have been discrediting Dom's win over TJ too often! TJ had a great performance over Cody and now everyones trying to act like he was the champ all along. This new narrative that the TJ fans have tried to create is that TJ schooled Dom and that Dom only got the decision because the judges were moved by Dom's fairy-tale journey to recover from all his injuries when in reality Dom came back after 1 fight in 4 years to win the first 3 rounds clearly. Admittedly i gave TJ the last 2 but this doesn't change the fact that Dom out struck or had equal strikes against TJ in 4 of the 5 rounds, had 4 take-downs compared to TJ's 1 and had 33 more strikes to the head. Stop the delusion TJ is the deserving champ but he doesn't have a win over Dom Cruz.

That fight happened when there was all that "snake" bs and Cruz was making his historic, Cinderella comeback. Fan perception of the fight was largely biased.

I scored it for TJ, and I like both fighters equally.

No matter who you thought won, it was a shitty way to lose the belt and it's outrageous that he had to wait nearly two years for another crack at it.

No matter who you thought won, it was a shitty way to lose the belt and it's outrageous that he had to wait nearly two years for another crack at it.
was outrageous he had to wait so long to have another crack at it but it wasn't a shitty way to lose, wasn't any corruption involved or a bad decision he simply lost.

I scored it for TJ watching it live regardless of the narrative. He landed the harder and cleaner strikes.

That fight happened when there was all that "snake" bs and Cruz was making his historic, Cinderella comeback. Fan perception of the fight was largely biased.

I scored it for TJ, and I like both fighters equally.

Meh. Hardly. Fans didn't influence shit and their perception didn't effect the outcome. It was a razor thin fight. It could've gone either way and I wouldn't have complained.

Lol.

Sorry but people that think Cruz won that fight should go watch figure skating. Probably more your taste.

Dom didn't do a damn thing in that fight.

Last edited:
Winning or losing a fight on Sherdog rewrites history.

like literally every thread and every youtube comment section was joking about TJ vs the air after the fight and now everyone thinks TJ won.
MMA fans are a fickle mob, you are only as good as your'e last fight.

I thought TJ won that fight by a very slight margin and I’ll tell you why. He had Cruz outright limping from leg kicks. You have to factor in the damage TJ did was more that Cruz did to him. Just my opinion but it is reality. This isn’t the fight I’d make the biggest complaint about, much worse robberie out there to make a stink about.

I thought TJ won that fight by a very slight margin and I’ll tell you why. He had Cruz outright limping from leg kicks. You have to factor in the damage TJ did was more that Cruz did to him. Just my opinion but it is reality. This isn’t the fight I’d make the biggest complaint about, much worse robberie out there to make a stink about.
TJ did land more damage and the leg kicks were significant that I agree with but the problem is they signed a fight and in that contract it would have detailed the criteria to win, TJ only landed more significant strikes in the 4th and 5th, 1-3 I believe he lost. There are obviously bigger robberies out there worth discussing but this is about the alarming amount of TJ fans completely denying that Dom won that fight.

I've been seeing this way too much lately, people on Sherdog have been discrediting Dom's win over TJ too often! TJ had a great performance over Cody and now everyones trying to act like he was the champ all along. This new narrative that the TJ fans have tried to create is that TJ schooled Dom and that Dom only got the decision because the judges were moved by Dom's fairy-tale journey to recover from all his injuries when in reality Dom came back after 1 fight in 4 years to win the first 3 rounds clearly. Admittedly i gave TJ the last 2 but this doesn't change the fact that Dom out struck or had equal strikes against TJ in 4 of the 5 rounds, had 4 take-downs compared to TJ's 1 and had 33 more strikes to the head. Stop the delusion TJ is the deserving champ but he doesn't have a win over Dom Cruz.
Who cares. That's history.

That was an awesome fight. I can see what people are saying about TJ landing a few bigger shots but with round by round scoring I had it 3-2 for Cruz. Would love to see them go at it again.

Back