Cub Swanson punching back at the UFC over transparency

Ceez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

MCW weighs in as well

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...or-mcgregor-nate-diaz-fighters-union-mma-news

“They absolutely should. I think it’s crazy that they already don’t have a union,” Carter-Williams said Monday on The MMA Hour (via MMA Fighting). “And I know it’s hard, but come on, they put their lives on the line every time they step in the ring. There’s no reason why their payouts are [what] they are now. And it’s because they don’t have a union.”

is Cub trying to give Dana a heart attack

Yep....................... I look forward to the day when UFC fighters go on strike. I will be totally shocked . Most are hanging on Paycheck to Paycheck..

is Cub trying to give Dana a heart attack
Might as well. He knows with being passed over here his chances of getting a shot are slim to none at this point. Guy is a year shy of being mid way through his 30's on a 32 fight career in a division with high amounts of speed. The sands are running thin for him.

BMMA_Logo.png

Yep....................... I look forward to the day when UFC fighters go on strike. I will be totally shocked . Most are hanging on Paycheck to Paycheck..
If the high profile guys won't risk their paycheques what makes you think the fighters hanging on by a thread will?

Getting underpaid is better than not getting paid at all when you've got kids to feed.

Might as well. He knows with being passed over here his chances of getting a shot are slim to none at this point. Guy is a year shy of being mid way through his 30's on a 32 fight career in a division with high amounts of speed. The sands are running thin for him.

Not sure where Cub’s entitlement comes from. Just being a UFC vet doesn’t automatically give you a title shot. He lost vs Max and vs Frankie in what seemed to be title eliminators.

And he had the balls to call for a title shot vs Max after decisioning the GOAT Artem, while Frankie has been running through the division and through Cub himself.

Still doesn't solve the union problem. My argument has always been the same. If this is the highest pro league and they want to be characterized in the same breath with the major sports leagues then why don't they pay like the major sports leagues? Numbers are already out there that the UFC pockets 80% of the revenue leaving the other 20 for fighter pay and everything else where boxing is the complete opposite. This needs to be leveled out more

Not sure where Cub’s entitlement comes from. Just being a UFC vet doesn’t automatically give you a title shot. He lost vs Max and vs Frankie in what seemed to be title eliminators.

And he had the balls to call for a title shot vs Max after decisioning the GOAT Artem, while Frankie has been running through the division and through Cub himself.
Yeah, heaven forbid he should try to promote himself.

If the high profile guys won't risk their paycheques what makes you think the fighters hanging on by a thread will?

Getting underpaid is better than not getting paid at all when you've got kids to feed.

That's part of the problem though for the fighters and the UFC is using this stranglehold knowing they have the advantage. It ain't right though

Still doesn't solve the union problem. My argument has always been the same. If this is the highest pro league and they want to be characterized in the same breath with the major sports leagues then why don't they pay like the major sports leagues? Numbers are already out there that the UFC pockets 80% of the revenue leaving the other 20 for fighter pay and everything else where boxing is the complete opposite. This needs to be leveled out more

Nah I just meant that's probably where Cub is headed to after comments like that.

But I do agree with everything you just said, if it matters.

These guys are all trying to get paid nothing to see here. Anything to draw more attention to himself

Stay in your lane Cub <{danayeah}>

I look forward to the day when UFC fighters go on strike.
They need to do it right before a big card like maybe one weeks notice and everyone needs to participate..Walmart should follow suit.

Stay in your lane Cub <{danayeah}>

Why? These guys all need to huddle up and fight back together against the machine. Have you not enjoyed watching this man fight? He's an exciting fighter right?

Back