The conditions exist for Rousey to come back

elwani

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As a champion, she couldn't just switch coaches. It's a huge change and takes time to build a relationship with a new coach and she didn't have that time since she needed to defend. As long as she kept winning, she wouldn't have had a good reason to either. Now she has the reason and time to.

As someone who still had a lot of hype behind her, she couldn't take lower level competition to develop her striking. Everyone would have thought she was crushing cans. Now no one would blame her for taking some lower level competition, especially if she makes it clear that it's to build up her striking by keeping it on the feet. She also has nothing to worry about in these competitions since if worst comes to worst, she can use her Judo.

Imagine a story where she's switched to some respectable striking coach like Cordero, spent the long time off to build a relationship with that coach and let him rebuild her striking from scratch, comes back humble, and takes some lower level competition just to develop her striking and because she likes to compete. It would be a wonderful redemptive story.

I miss R^3.

her failed acting "career" would be another condition.

That said, I don't think we are ever going to see her fight again.

Not sure she even wants to come back anymore. Those back to back losses were brutal.

She seems happy in her married life now.

I aprove. I'm sure the Just Bleed Gods feel the same.

Let some young lady make her name off of destroying Ronda's face some more.

Her striking could never develop enough to beat Holms or Nunes. She's had to of made enough money to retire.

Not sure she even wants to come back anymore. Those back to back losses were brutal.

yep. she will be a baby machine in the next few years.

I ain’t reading all of that. She’s not coming back. Moving on.

Her striking could never develop enough to beat Holms or Nunes. She's had to of made enough money to retire.

Her striking may never develop to the level of someone who's been competing in boxing their whole life, but neither did Holm need to develop her Judo to the degree of an Olympic athlete to defend enough so she can implement her game.

Last edited:

I'm sure she does. No one wants to go out on a loss like that, especially not a real competitor like her.

Her striking may never develop to the level of someone whose been competing in boxing their whole life, but neither did Holme need to develop her Judo to the degree of an Olympic athlete to defend enough so she can implement her game.
Ronda blocks punches with her face. She was in MMA for how long and didn't improve as a striker at this point she won't be getting better. But it's fairly irrelevant considering she will probably never fight again.

She was at the right time and the right place during the infancy of WMMA. Before fighters like Holm, Nunes, and Shevchenko came along. The talent pool is still really shallow, but the top of the food chain is a lot better. She's just too one dimensional. Her time is over.

her failed acting "career" would be another condition.

That said, I don't think we are ever going to see her fight again.

Well, she was a once in an ever athlete, so we probably won't see her again.

I don't care if she never fights again but wouldn't mind seeing what would happen if she added a little bit of wrestling to her game and developed just enough striking (especially defense) to get the fight where she's best. I still don't think she'd beat Nunes but she could have a shot w Holly since she's such a fish out of water on the ground. Ronda would obviously have to change camps and get with people who actually know wtf they're doing though. I can see her still have some fun fights. The only people I can't see her ever beating are Mandy and Valentina. Again, Holly's ground game is so bad that if Ronda adds different TDs to her game aside from her judo throws and manages to get Holly to the ground, game over.

I think a lot of her opponents deserve rematches. I'd like to start with a tune up against Correia, which I think at this point, many people would give Correia a chance. Then move up to Tate-Rousey 3 for some big money. If she wins that, then finish by giving Zingano her promised rematch (where Rousey will likely get wrecked).

Back