Is it dishonorable to refuse a rubber match?

dmwalking

Sapateiro Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
In light of Bisping trolling the MW division with announcement of his potential retirement, and Rockhold making his comeback, I'm feeling like Bisping is clearly ducking his division. His first defense was against an old man devoid of his TRT. His second "defense" is against an inactive WW who has never even fought at MW. But I digress.

Part of me feels like Bisping owes Rockhold that rubber match. If I beat you, then you beat me, I feel like it's only right to meet for the third time to end the debate once and for all. Bisping retiring without the rubber match seems like a bitch move to me.

What say you?

I can't make polls.

If Bisping beats GSP, he should fight McGregor
Sherdoggers told me the only think that matters is money fights

Bisping has the belt. Rockhold has to earn a title shot even if he is 1-1 against Bisping, and the interim champ and $$$ are always going to come ahead of an intriguing fight history.

Rockhold wasn't exactly a long time reigning champ when he got ko'ed by Bisping in the first round (no controversy involved, even). So Bisping doesn't have to do an immediate rubber match.

That's how it goes: If no controversy, the winner of the latest match has the upper hand.

Bisping is cool with letting us forever speculate if it was indeed a fluke win. And Rockhold will spend the rest of his days salty.

I don't think it's ever dishonorable to retire. If you're done, you're done. This isn't a sport you can be semi-committed to. You gotta be all in or all out. Just look at what happened with Johny Hendricks when he obviously started not giving a shit. Regardless of your talent and skill, you'll get exposed quickly if you're not fully committed.

This sport is dangerous as fuck and one wrong move can drastically alter your quality of life
Fuck honor, fight for money and when you're done, you're done

Luke is still salty af, having said that, if Bisping wins, and Luke gets to fight for the interim (somehow) and wins, well they cant deny him of his rubber match, for now i dont see why he would get it over other people, specially Whittaker, interim champ.

The MMA fan in me says there has to be a third fight.

The businessman in me says only if the money is right and no more lucrative opportunities emerge.

But my immediate reaction is why does Michael Bisping want to get his ass whooped by a motivated, revenge seeking on top of already being probably the best MW in the world Rockhold?

Bisping is indeed the worst champ in UFC history
no way jose. defenses against nobodies is still better than no defenses. Carla,serra,and barnetts getting stripped and going to japan for the remainder of his prime years are all worse to me, for various reasons. also jons most recent "reign" technically doesn't even exist in the record books

no way jose. defenses against nobodies is still better than no defenses. Carla,serra,and barnetts getting stripped and going to japan for the remainder of his prime years are all worse to me, for various reasons. also jons most recent "reign" technically doesn't even exist in the record books
your opinion doesnt matter to me, sorry

The last thing the UFC needs is mandatory rematches. We get more than enough rematches already.

In fun game terms yes. When we're talking about a career and earning money for your family then you do what makes most sense to benefit your life

The last thing the UFC needs is mandatory rematches. We get more than enough rematches already.

Rubber matches make sense though. I hate rematches as much as the next guy, but this one should happen.

Bisping is cool with letting us forever speculate if it was indeed a fluke win. And Rockhold will spend the rest of his days salty.

bisping already knocked out luke in sparring. the first fight was the fluke and bisping proved it in the rematch.

I for one consider this rivalry done with.

Yes. But, tbh, i'd rather see bisping retire with that win and luke stay salty lol.

Back