Stipe Miocic looking at December UFC return, ‘had no idea’ about Jon Jones bout

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As far back as September of 2016, Stipe Miocichas been less than pleased with his UFC contract situation. In fact, his ire with the promotion can be traced directly to his fight with Alistair Overeem, at UFC 203 in Cleveland, OH. A home state event for the then newly-minted heavyweight champion, Miocic defeated the former Dream and Strikeforce champ via first round KO to retain his belt.

And pocketed $200,000 less than the contender for his trouble.

“You’re making money off me in my hometown, and you’re giving the man that’s a challenger who’s never won the title in the UFC, you’re giving him more money?” Miocic told MMA Fighting back in January. “It definitely should change. But the fact that my challenger made more money than me in my last fight was just kind of a slap in the face.”

“We’re talking,” Miocic replied when asked about his current status with the UFC. “I’m probably looking at December or the end of January.

“Definitely, it’s all good,” he continued. “I’ve got a great management team and they’re doing everything they’re supposed to. We’re talking, it’s all good.”

Miocic also responded to Dana White’s recent reveal, that the promotion had been hoping to book a bout between the heavyweight champion and Jon Jones, before news of Jones’ latest drug test failure came down the pipeline.

“I had no idea they were talking about it. Listen I’m usually last to know, which is fine. If they would’ve had me fight Jon Jones, I would have fought him. I don’t care but they never brought it to my attention.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/9/...contract-negotiations-jon-jones-bout-mma-news

Had no idea about Jon Jones bout because....

10j6mg.jpg

They were probably waiting for the UFC 214 drug tests to come back.

Dana is and will always be full of shit.

Believe at your own risk.

Stipe seems angry a lot lately.

HW is in a shit spot imo.

Cain is out, and the only real new challenge for Stipe is Francis who I don't think is ready. I think they should make Reem vs. Ngannou for the #1 contender, but that leaves nothing for Stipe except maybe Volkov.

Ngannou will probably be next for Stee-pay.

The Overeem fight happened too recently and the Werdum win wasn't too impressive. No other contender who isn't injured or knocked off yet.

idk maybe the champ should get the biggest payout

and if the reem does make more they shouldnt disclose it

Stipe may be right , but not everyone can get the McGregor treatment when they haven't proved as a huge PPV draw yet...

Plus the HW division is so shoddy right now, options are pretty thin

Back