Stipe Miocic looking at December UFC return, ‘had no idea’ about Jon Jones bout

The problem is I think theres a lot of self delusion in the UFC believing that they've been running this highly sustainable near monopoly for years on end. In reality though we still hadn't seen what a long term UFC monopoly would look like as much of the talent base they depend was brought though in the era of multiple orgs. The UFC's business model in the last decade has been one of takeovers and asset stripping NOT one of sustainability for me, now were are few rival orgs left to takeover and less talent in them anyway.

Much of the fanbase has been hopelessly brainwashed by "evolution" talk and successfully linking there ego to the brand meaning they will stedfastly refuse to see the problems coming for the sport in the future as this previous generation finally exits the sport.

I disagree, there are plenty of rival orgs on the rise. MMA isn't dying, it's vehemently growing. It's just the UFC is dying.

Cains latest surgery "went badly" so DC should feel free to move up and take the belt now?

Stipe-DC would be great, it would give DC a chance to become the GOAT, and Stipe would get his money fight and the exposure that HW champ deserves. Especially since there are no clear contenders. Reem and Werdum were not impressive, Ngannou has yet to have an important win.

Sounds like hes getting shafted a lot

No reason to think he's being shafted esp in that Overeem fight considering he wasn't the draw in that fight. Overeem is/was a much bigger name in the sport than Stipe.

Have The Reem fight Ngannou for the title shot, they could set it for 217, then who ever wins(The Reem) that fights Stipe in 2018.

HW is in a shit spot imo.

Cain is out, and the only real new challenge for Stipe is Francis who I don't think is ready. I think they should make Reem vs. Ngannou for the #1 contender, but that leaves nothing for Stipe except maybe Volkov.

If u put volkov over Ngannou right now ur an idiot. Volkov lost to Tim Johnson imo got dropped hard Ngannou has looked flawless in the UFC and has been in the division longer 5-0 volkov lost to Kongo in Bellator remember

Not only is Francis not ready but he is not famous he has barely any fans compared to other fighters in the Elite HW so thats a reason why they won't give it to him. I think they go for Overeem 2, he is known in the sport, and becasue it was entertaining the first time. The UFC can also trust in Overeem showing up fight day, which is something we can't say about Cain.

Cuz he's not famous? Lmfao u sound dumb no1 starts their career famous Ngannou is a star in the making trust me more power then TYSON

If u put volkov over Ngannou right now ur an idiot. Volkov lost to Tim Johnson imo got dropped hard Ngannou has looked flawless in the UFC and has been in the division longer 5-0 volkov lost to Kongo in Bellator remember

Volkov has more experience though. I'm not saying he's the better fighter - he's not, but he's more prepared for this fight.

Ngannou really doesn't have a chance against Stipe. Way too green.

Cuz he's not famous? Lmfao u sound dumb no1 starts their career famous Ngannou is a star in the making trust me more power then TYSON

Ok

There are barely any high profile name wins in his fight record to prove this.

He has never sold any PPV's or had any impressive TV viewing numbers.
He has never participated in any press conferance,
He is only known in the hard core mma community at best.

So of course he could be a star in the making but it is way to early to say it, and giving him a shot would be some the easiest routes to a UFC title ever, even Brock Lesnar beat higher level of competition before he got his shot (but not easier than GSP gift of a shot at the MW and Conors gift of a shot at the LW title, both of them achieved zero in those divisions before that).

Last edited:
Ok

There are barely any high profile name wins in his fight record to prove this.

He has never sold any PPV's or had any impressive TV viewing numbers.
He has never participated in any press conferance,
He is only known in the hard core mma community at best.

So of course he could be a star in the making but it is way to early to say it, and giving him a shot would be some the easiest routes to a UFC title ever, even Brock Lesnar beat higher level of competition before he got his shot (but not easier than GSP gift of a shot at the MW and Conors gift of a shot at the LW title, both of them achieved zero in those divisions before that).

Brock was 1-1 when he got a title shot with a decision over Heath herring

Ngannou is 5-0 in the UFC with all KOs with 1 being over former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski

Francis is more then deserving

Brock was 1-1 when he got a title shot with a decision over Heath herring

Ngannou is 5-0 in the UFC with all KOs with 1 being over former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski

Francis is more then deserving

No he is not.

Andrei Arlovski was 2-3 in his last 5 when he faced Francis. Arlovski was champ 12 years ago, thats ancient history in the world of MMA, damn near irrelevant.

Arlovski chin is gone.

Many of Ngannou's victories comes from non-ranked fighters, Hamilton is about to get cut and Henrique is very close to being cut also.

Overeem beat Arlovski, JDS, Roy Nelson and Struve before his shot at the HW title.

Werdum beat Roy Nelson, Russow, TRT Bigfoot, 13-1-1 Travis Brown, and Mark Hunt before his shot at the title.

You see the difference in the level of competition.

Have you ever heared of the "UFC hype"?

No he is not.

Andrei Arlovski was 2-3 in his last 5 when he faced Francis. Arlovski was champ 12 years ago, thats ancient history in the world of MMA, damn near irrelevant.

Arlovski chin is gone.

Many of Ngannou's victories comes from non-ranked fighters, Hamilton is about to get cut and Henrique is very close to being cut also.

Overeem beat Arlovski, JDS, Roy Nelson and Struve before his shot at the HW title.

Werdum beat Roy Nelson, Russow, TRT Bigfoot, 13-1-1 Travis Brown, and Mark Hunt before his shot at the title.

Just because he hasn't faced the opponent of a big big name then that doesn't mean he's not good enough... all that means is the matchmakers haven't booked the match yet lolllllllllllllllllll don't blame Ngannou he's not the matchmaker hahahahahahah

Just because he hasn't faced the opponent of a big big name then that doesn't mean he's not good enough... all that means is the matchmakers haven't booked the match yet lolllllllllllllllllll don't blame Ngannou he's not the matchmaker hahahahahahah

I don't blame Ngannou, I blame your ignorant childish ADD trolling ass. And your stupid arguments for giving him a shot.

Ngannou called Overeem out, I hope they make that fight happen in the coming months.

I don't blame Ngannou, I blame your ignorant childish ADD trolling ass. And your stupid arguments for giving him a shot.

Ngannou called Overeem out, I hope they make that fight happen in the coming months.

Lol now u Ngannou fan lolllllllllllllllllll l l l l llll

No he is not.

Arlovski chin is gone.

Arlovski was never that good to begin with. Decent hands and that's it that has carried him through a dismal division.

As far back as September of 2016, Stipe Miocichas been less than pleased with his UFC contract situation. In fact, his ire with the promotion can be traced directly to his fight with Alistair Overeem, at UFC 203 in Cleveland, OH. A home state event for the then newly-minted heavyweight champion, Miocic defeated the former Dream and Strikeforce champ via first round KO to retain his belt.

And pocketed $200,000 less than the contender for his trouble.

“You’re making money off me in my hometown, and you’re giving the man that’s a challenger who’s never won the title in the UFC, you’re giving him more money?” Miocic told MMA Fighting back in January. “It definitely should change. But the fact that my challenger made more money than me in my last fight was just kind of a slap in the face.”

“We’re talking,” Miocic replied when asked about his current status with the UFC. “I’m probably looking at December or the end of January.

“Definitely, it’s all good,” he continued. “I’ve got a great management team and they’re doing everything they’re supposed to. We’re talking, it’s all good.”

Miocic also responded to Dana White’s recent reveal, that the promotion had been hoping to book a bout between the heavyweight champion and Jon Jones, before news of Jones’ latest drug test failure came down the pipeline.

“I had no idea they were talking about it. Listen I’m usually last to know, which is fine. If they would’ve had me fight Jon Jones, I would have fought him. I don’t care but they never brought it to my attention.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/9/...contract-negotiations-jon-jones-bout-mma-news

The earlier the better. Let him try to stack up the bodies and build a case for best ever. I wanted Cain but I think he might be hurt. I don't know who to throw him in with but anyone with a win streak I spose works.

Back