Any other hard core fans becoming casuals like me?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Saint Preux vs. Okami sounds like another boring irrelevant fight to me.

Probably won’t watch a single fight on that card.

Very much looking forward to UFC 217 however.

Just like the casual fan I have become.

I applaud all you who watch all these boring irrelevant cards.

You are the real hard core fans the WME need.

The UFC is a farce.

There is no real structure to it...It's a bunch of #1 bullshit, where the manlet hunter doesn't defend his belt against guys his own size....He is holding up LW, which is a very exciting division.

A billion interim titles....It's all a fucking joke.

WMMA is boring and untechinical as fuck....Manlet MMA is a fucking disgrace with a shallow talent pool but yet people say MM is p4p...LMFAO.

A bunch of out of prime fighters @ HW/LHW.....Usually an exciting division

I think boxing is better than MMA right now.

I used to be hardcore when betting. But now I just jump on the hype trains early. They are the most fun

I'm kinda in the mode of just not bothering to watch this shit at all lately.

i'd rather spend my Saturdays on something else. It wasn't like that 3-4 years ago.

I'm still a serious fan, but I'm having a hard time connecting with the new era of fighters I guess.

Maybe it's a product of dilution. Nearly all my current favorites are holdovers from previous eras (or mini-eras, whatever).

So I've gone from having personal favorites in each division to mostly watching fights analytically and rooting for a "good fight".

I have. No way I'm spending a saturday watching the UFC at home, or even at some bar.

It's not fucking Okami who will change this. Goddamn.

"Hardcores" becoming "casuals" is the lamest shit ever when they themselves identify as such and (seemingly) take pride in doing so.

Last edited:
The past two cards have been amazing.

I'm all in.

Hell yes!
Level of competition and talent pool gets deeper, company choices get shittier.
I can deal with that as long as we keep on seeing great fights (especially on the prelims, in 2017).

my interest in mma started fading quick when wmma was announced in the ufc. Pushing up undeserving unqualified fighters to main card and headlining are what killed the sport for me. it;'s like boxing now, maybe 1 decent matchup per card, rest is just tune ups or placement fights.

The fact people just have to sell wolf tickets to get title shots now has really put a stain on the sport.

not sure it matters but just to give a basis on my opinion. im a day one guy. My first ufc was the original in parents basement on illegal cable box. so ive been a loyal fan.

actually i think the entire ronda can beat all men bullshit is what really killed it for me. I found the statement of i can beat cain under the right circumstances and joe rogan hyping that bullshit just destroyed giving any more shits about the ufc. one of those clarity monets where you just realize some people are willing to say anything to sell something. I'm not even a pro fighter anymore and i'd beat the ever loving shit out of ronda, probably with one hand tied behind my back.

betch coierra literally turned the ufc into a lauhging stock for me'

I been watching since UFC 2 & been pretty hard core the whole time... though there are times when I get side tracked & don't watch as much. EEZE Normal. It ebbs & flowz.

I don't think not being excited for OSP vs Okami makes you a casual

I been watching since UFC 2 & been pretty hard core the whole time... though there are times when I get side tracked & don't watch as much. EEZE Normal. It ebbs & flowz.

12k posts in a year, claims to be original ufc fan. either youre lying about your age, or you should have stayed in school bro lol no 40 year old employed guy should ever want or be posting here that much in a short period of time.

Okami-OSP sounds outright wrong. Okami has been fighting as a WW recently, to step up to a LHW match it just non-competitive. Whoever booked that fight is screwing the fans up...and Okami's well-being.

12k posts in a year, claims to be original ufc fan. either youre lying about your age, or you should have stayed in school bro lol

Okami-OSP sounds outright wrong. Okami has been fighting as a WW recently, to step up to a LHW match it just non-competitive. Whoever booked that fight is screwing the fans up...and Okami's well-being.

honestly on short notice, if athletic commisions werent a bag of bullshiit, this fight should not have been sanctioned.

Back