Any other hard core fans becoming casuals like me?

Watching a big LHW beat up a guy fighting who fought Jon Fitch 2 fights ago and not getting too riled up is understandable

Last edited:
The amount of advertisements on the fight night cards has more or less killed it for me. I would watch a decent numbered event or a fightpass card but this situation of having one-fight-per-hour with a billion breaks just turns me away completely. I switched off last weekend's event right before the co-main and main because whatever momentum usually builds up was just lost.

I hope they get out of business with FOX as soon as possible and put all their non-PPV content on fightpass.

I used to be pretty die hard boxing/mma fan watched literally every event every fight everything all the time. would literally dual screen UFC and boxing cards LOL Now I cant say i really care half as much. I tune in for the big fights or good match ups. But a lot of the gimmicky shit in UFC is kind of a turn off, the sports kinda stagnant right now. Buncha duck champions, guys who dont defend and hold up divisions. Being the best in your division doesnt seem to matter at all anymore ect.

UFC is entering interesting territory now with having no major stars (that arent semi retired boxers now lol) Jones popped again, silva is over the hill, ronda is a nobody HW fucking blows ect ect. At this point in time UFC is literally hanging on connors nut sack to stay relevant to the mainstream. Its hard to see any new stars really being born atleast I dont see any on the current roster.

Saint Preux vs. Okami sounds like another boring irrelevant fight to me.

Probably won’t watch a single fight on that card.

Very much looking forward to UFC 217 however.

Just like the casual fan I have become.

I applaud all you who watch all these boring irrelevant cards.

You are the real hard core fans the WME need.
The UFC, Bellator, mma on the mainstream level, in general, is getting bland and stale. My wife is the actual mma fan in the family, and attends more events then I do these days. I tend to go to more regional shows where I have training partners or friends in the cards.. I don't even go to Bellator or UFC events any longer, unless it's a teammate or friend on the card, and even then, I might not go, even if my girl and her friends go. I been around mma since 2001 and have watched it since the early 90s, and feel it's not growing as a sport, and the UFC isn't growing as a sports organization, but is growing as an entertainment based company. Grappling tournaments have been more appealing this year thus far, even ended up judging a grappling event in Sacramento earlier this year, because the level of grappling is going through the ceiling these days. Always been a boxing fan.. I'm a fan of combat sports, as I am a life long martial artist, and boxing has had some solid fights this year. Spence and Crawford, look like the next P4P kings!

I was super into MMA around the TUF1 era. At this point I haven't seriously followed the sport since before GSP left.

Saint Preux vs. Okami sounds like another boring irrelevant fight to me.

Probably won’t watch a single fight on that card.

Very much looking forward to UFC 217 however.

Just like the casual fan I have become.

I applaud all you who watch all these boring irrelevant cards.

You are the real hard core fans the WME need.
yeah bro i feel your pain...just 5 years ago i was watching every event, every fight, every promotion. now i cant seem to catch myself watching one event in its entirety. And not because i have no love for the sport, one of my favorite, but because there just arent alot of fights that excite me like it use to a few years back.

I've been watching pretty much every event since the UFC 40s...ppv and fight nights. But I have been missing more events this year in particular, but that has to do with fights being cancelled. Take the las ppv for example....if JDS and MM/Borg was on it I would have likely bought or went to my bar. but it wasnt worth it for me without those fights. Same with the Japan card coming up, if Shogun was still on i'd watch live but I will record and watch later.

That's pretty much it, if the card is as is I will watch the event but if fights are lost then I skip some. My interest is the same as years ago

The current state of the UFC is the reason I'm loving Bellator.

If it wasn't for MM, DC, Gustafson, CoGar, and the like, I probably wouldn't care for the UFC at all. Bellator may not have the branding that the UFC does, but man...

The online prelims always deliver.

What's good Hardcores! :)

12k posts in a year, claims to be original ufc fan. either youre lying about your age, or you should have stayed in school bro lol no 40 year old employed guy should ever want or be posting here that much in a short period of time.
It's more like a year & a half... but it's all true though. My first live event waz UFC 14.

Sherdog is my first online forum & so I'm having fun with it. My local friendz are casualz at best so I don't really have anyone to talk UFC with & so I enjoy Sherdogging. I also enjoy the movie threadz & talking about Star Wars n stuff.

I usually wake up & post before work over a couple cups of coffee... & again for the wind down after work. Week-endz are good... & sometimes my work schedule is sparatic so I get time off here & there. I hit the PbP threads during events... it's a nice way to negate commercialz & down time. It is what it is. I type pretty fast... maybe that helps. I also have a fairly active social life & ride motorcycles n stuff believe it or not.

Last edited:
How can us hardcore originals stay fans of this garbage?

Champions choosing opponents even from different weight divisions, fighters jumping to other sports, fighters out right refusing fights for the dumbest reasons, always winging, Conor McGregor fans.

It's insuffferable, you bring up Fedor Emelianenko and you immediately get slapped with 'never heard of him, can't be that good, CONOR THE GOAT'

It's become a joke

My girlfriend pretty much takes up 95% of my saturday nights now. She will watch if I REALLY want to see a card, but otherwise we are probably doing something else.

MMA is gay as fuck now.

Just look at all of these homo Conor, Perry dick riders.

Lol...honestly, I just come here laugh as the ufc's makes its last gasps.

Watching only the big ppvs doesn't mean you're a casual bro, especially if you keep up with mma news through mma fighting etc throughout. UFC putting on an event every week is just ridiculous at this point.

Yep.
I used to watch all the fights in the card, now only two or three. Getting really picky these days.

MMA has always had a huge fan turnover, because unlike stick and ball sports who can regularly renew their teams, MMA names just fade away. Every few years there are a bunch of new "hardcores" shitposting their asses off, then they disappear.

USADA, Reebok, so-called money fights, extra divisions, interim belts, etc. We are definitely in kind of a lull, the UFC could use more legit competition. Prize fighting is always hit and miss.

Last edited:
It's just hard to get excited for some cards . There's no criteria for anything . You have shit fighters like artem lobov headlining cards . WMMA is mostly terrible aside from a few fighters . I wouldn't necessarily care about poor matchmaking if rankings actually mattered and fighters could progress but even that doesn't happen .

No, there are a lot of things wrong with the current format/show.

#1 TOO MANY FIGHTERS. It's supposed to be the elite, the best of the best fighting in the premier league. Currently every card you get has multiple fights with guys that aren't even top 20 against eachother. Those fights are supposed to be in the minor leagues. Leave them there until they have proven themselves.

#2 WOMANS DIVISIONS. I'll just say it.

#3 NOBODY FIGHTS ANYMORE. Everyone is either running scared from USADA or something, but MAN is it hard to get these guys in the cage these days. Especially at HW.

Proposed solutions:
-Eliminate WMMA...or make it a separate show/entity entirely.
-Remove anyone that isn't in the top 25. If a new prospect shows up with some talent, give them a fight with an established top 25. If they win, then bump someone from the bottom.
-Schedule cards around weight divisions. Maybe 2 weight division per card. If your challenger for the title drops out at the last minute, you have an entire 1/2 card full of challengers willing to jump in at the last minute and make a grab at the title.
-Less cards, more quality.
-Don't pit new talent against eachother. That is what the minor leagues are for. Nobody cares about random 3-0 fighter taking on random 2-0 fighter. NOBODY. Have them fight an established name who needs a win. If the established name gets a win...GOOD...they are back on track. If they lose then GOOD, we see a new prospect emerge.

Back