Any other hard core fans becoming casuals like me?

Been watching the UFC since the beginning. The last couple of years, my PPV purchases have dropped off drastically. The cards have become too frequent and far too watered down. Now I give some serious thought to whether or not I want to spend $65. I used to buy every card.

It's not that there haven't been good fights it's just that they are too spread out amongst the endless number of events.

Those first few years of tuf I was all hung ho. Lately I pick and choose what I watch. Never pay for a ppv since Miesha left.

Over the last 5 years or so I have went from hardcare to casual although I still follow very closely but I don't ever watch the PPV's. Probably a combination of having kids and not staying as late

I try to watch every event still. I just fast forward the fights of least interest and watch the highlights. Have to hit rewind if the highlight look interesting.
giphy.gif

I like fights.

(Minority here)

I'm with this guy.... There have been some great cards... Last weekend's free fights being a super example.

Even my wife was stuck to the TV watching one finish after another.

The UFC is a farce.

There is no real structure to it...It's a bunch of #1 bullshit, where the manlet hunter doesn't defend his belt against guys his own size....He is holding up LW, which is a very exciting division.

A billion interim titles....It's all a fucking joke.

WMMA is boring and untechinical as fuck....Manlet MMA is a fucking disgrace with a shallow talent pool but yet people say MM is p4p...LMFAO.

A bunch of out of prime fighters @ HW/LHW.....Usually an exciting division

I think boxing is better than MMA right now.
I'm nominating you for "Wrongest Post" of the year. You packed a lot in there, and you managed to be disgustingly wrong about all of it. The ungodly bitching your kind would do if it was "structurized," with the #1 contender in the ranks being the only guy who could challenge the champion - you'd lose your mind. Not to mention that it practically wouldn't work because of all the injuries. You'd have to wait forever for fights you may not wanna see anyway but "the structure" calls for it. You're the joke. Quit complaining chump

Some people can sit down and watch a baseball game from start to finish. It boggles my mind, but that is how I am with fights. I'm just a fan. The last couple and the next few cards are far from blockbusters on paper, but if you like fights you'll tune in.

The amount of advertisements on the fight night cards has more or less killed it for me. I would watch a decent numbered event or a fightpass card but this situation of having one-fight-per-hour with a billion breaks just turns me away completely. I switched off last weekend's event right before the co-main and main because whatever momentum usually builds up was just lost.

I hope they get out of business with FOX as soon as possible and put all their non-PPV content on fightpass.
This is my biggest gripe.
Why the fuck does it take from 5:30pm-12am to show 12 fights?
Why are 7 of those 12 fights exclusively for #25-#49 ranked fighters?
Doesn't feel like the big show when it's this thin, this often.

I always tune in when Gomi fights but I'm not even sure why anymore...

I used to be pretty die hard boxing/mma fan watched literally every event every fight everything all the time. would literally dual screen UFC and boxing cards LOL Now I cant say i really care half as much. I tune in for the big fights or good match ups. But a lot of the gimmicky shit in UFC is kind of a turn off, the sports kinda stagnant right now. Buncha duck champions, guys who dont defend and hold up divisions. Being the best in your division doesnt seem to matter at all anymore ect.

UFC is entering interesting territory now with having no major stars (that arent semi retired boxers now lol) Jones popped again, silva is over the hill, ronda is a nobody HW fucking blows ect ect. At this point in time UFC is literally hanging on connors nut sack to stay relevant to the mainstream. Its hard to see any new stars really being born atleast I dont see any on the current roster.
Honestly I'm expecting the UFC to establish a 30 seconds maximum on the ground rule before the ref stands them up.

Sport that was created to showcase ground skills is being gutted for money.

When Mike Perry is getting pushed but Jake Shields and Jon Fitch can't even get fights in the big show tells me something.

I am still going strong. I will watch every single fight on that card. And then I will wait 20 hours, and I will watch Bellator 183. What I won't do is watch the Bellator prelims on the Spike TV app; now, that's for the real hardcore mma fans with absolutely no life. Even I feel bad for them.

I'm nominating you for "Wrongest Post" of the year. You packed a lot in there, and you managed to be disgustingly wrong about all of it. The ungodly bitching your kind would do if it was "structurized," with the #1 contender in the ranks being the only guy who could challenge the champion - you'd lose your mind. Not to mention that it practically wouldn't work because of all the injuries. You'd have to wait forever for fights you may not wanna see anyway but "the structure" calls for it. You're the joke. Quit complaining chump
I never said that the #1 guy should always get the title shot...but the crap we have right now is not structured at all, they have a billion interim fights.

Considering I use to watch every fight on every card, and now I only watch the main card if that.

That's me right here.

Cormier vs Jones 2 was the last MMA fight I've watched to date.

Used to watch everything including early prelims a couple of years ago.

I used to watch all the main promotions events and even the regional ones. Today I just pick some fights that really interest me.

I used to watch every event religiously but now I find I'm more excited watching Japanese pro wrestling or boxing. The UFC fight night cards that they throw at us are beyond shit sometimes, like that one two events ago Struve and whoever, I have that recorded and still haven't watched it. I flicked through it though and it just seemed very underwhelming.

There was "ah ha" moment for me. It's been a slow burn for me starting with the Reebok uniforms, fighter pay issues, women's mma, then came Ronda and I couldn't take another fuckin T-Mobil commercial. Then came these bizarre unwarranted match ups where the ability to sell a fight dictated the match ups as I noticed. Enter USADA... it's just not nearly as fun as it used to be and paying for a card seems like a waste of money

I try to watch every event still. I just fast forward the fights of least interest and watch the highlights. Have to hit rewind if the highlight look interesting.
giphy.gif

So you don't watch it every event live?

CASUAL!!!!

Muere.gif

Back