Jon Jones drug test failure is 100% a set up.

LordMayorMuffSniff

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Okay, so let's get one thing out of the way first. Jon is 100% on PED's. Just like every fighter, but I finally took the time to read the specifics of what happened:

In a statement released Tuesday, the UFC said Jones' failed test stemmed from an in-competition sample that was collected at his weigh-in July 28, the day before his fight against Cormier.

He tested positive for Turinabol. Turinabol is a cheap oral steroid, like $70 cheap which works like Anavar. It's a strength builder that happens slowly over time. There is absolutely no reason to take post weigh in. At all... It would literally do nothing.

Just think about this for one second: Here is a man who popped for PED's. Faced a huge ban, and now has popped for oral Turinabol post weigh in... This makes zero sense.

He wouldn't even be taking Turinabol period. It is one of the cheapest and most detectable PED's. It's detection time is huge. He has a post fight drug test. The moment he pops the pill he knows with 100% certainty he's failing the post fight drug test let alone any post weigh in tests.

I know there is a lot of people who don't know what Turinabol is or how PED's work, but no athlete would be taking PED's right before competition. Their benefits come during training camp. The only thing any fighter would ever pop for post weigh in are diuretics to help with a cut.

Not a Jones fan here, just pointing something out. There is literally no reason anyone would take Turinabol post weigh in. Something fishy here.

EDIT:

I think I need to make one other point clear: T-Bol needs to be taken daily. It's in the system for a long time. Lets forget about the post weigh in test for a second and move to the day before he starts camp.

Now lets imagine he's selecting his PED's. Why Turinabol? It has to be taken daily. He knows he will be randomly tested. Turinabol is in the system for up to months. You cannot take Turinabol without popping. It's just not a viable option with today's testing.

To be as clear as possible. Even taking this in camp is guaranteeing a positive test. It makes no sense.

And for those confused by the 16 hours half life:

https://www.steroid.com/blog/New-An...Oral-Turinabol-and-Winstrol-to-Six-Months.php

http://drdoping.com/blog/oral-turinabol
  • Detection time - up to 250 days (long-living fat-soluble metabolites)

Last edited:
It does seem very out of place.

I will withhold judgement unlike 90% of Sherdog

I'll use the fool me once fool me twice analogy for this one. He is a cheater

well he woulda got away with it if it wasn't for Scooby Doo and those meddling kids.

Why would anyone wanna set him up?

Did they inject the steroid into him or his piss cup?

Once a dirty rat always a dirty rat.

It is interesting. Can't wait to see how this plays out.
<{fry}>

Okay, so let's get one thing out of the way first. Jon is 100% on PED's. Just like every fighter, but I finally took the time to read the specifics of what happened:

He tested positive for Turinabol. Turinabol is a cheap oral steroid, like $70 cheap which works like Anavar. It's a strength builder that happens slowly over time. There is absolutely no reason to take post weigh in. At all...

Just think about this for one second: Here is a man who popped for PED's. Faced a huge ban, and now has popped for oral Turinabol post weigh in... This literally makes zero sense.

He wouldn't even be taking Turinabol period. It is one of the cheapest and most detectable PED's. Once again, he is 100% on PED's, but nobody would take this. Period.

It's half life is days. He has a post fight drug test. The moment he pops the pill he knows with 100% certainty he's failing the post fight drug test let alone any post weigh in tests.

I know there is a lot of people who don't know what Turinabol is or how PED's work, but no athlete would be taking PED's prior to competition. Their benefits come during training camp. The only thing any fighter would ever pop for post weigh in are diuretics to help with a cut.

Not a Jones fan here, just pointing something out. There is literally no reason anyone would take Turinabol post weigh in. Something fishy here.
I'm guessing someone put the steroids in jons hands and forced him to take them.

Please, JJ cheated, and no amount of white knighting can erase this fact.

We all screw up but damn, It's as if Jones is hell bent on wrecking his life.

Good thing ts is here to clear things up and find out the truth.... must have sent off for the ovaltine secret decoder ring....

Last edited:
Are you sure? All I know is that Jones popped before, and now he's popped again. What are we supposed to think about this, if not that Jones is playing around with PEDs?

Good thing ts is here to clear things up and find out the truth.... must have sent off for the ovaltine missing decoder ring....
Well, I mean, feel free to dispute his points.

Yeah, it would make no sense.... but, have you seen Jon Jones before. Not exactly the most thoughtful or stable person

Somebody just said in another thread that people take that to retain muscle and strength after a weight cut. Maybe he thought it would be out of his system before the post fight test????

well he woulda got away with it if it wasn't for Scooby Doo and those meddling kids.

Why would anyone wanna set him up?

Did they inject the steroid into him or his piss cup?

Once a dirty rat always a dirty rat.
Here's the reality: He's post weigh in. He's passed all his tests. His PED's have already done their job. To pop an oral Turinabol pill, something which will do absolutely nothing is giving USADA a failed drug test.

I just can't convey how ridiculous the notion is: He would literally be holding the pill, which he would know is going to turn up a failed drug test, and then taking it. It's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Pretty sure he's secretly working with Brock to get to the bottom of this.

It's possible, though not probable, that someone else was taking steroids, Jones took a drink from his beverage..
The arbitration panel, before his first suspension for PEDs, even said in all probability that Jones is NOT a drug cheat and he was merely reckless with taking the supplements that contained those banned substances.
A hundred other possibilities.

At the end of the day I don't know, but I think in the next few weeks we will know the truth.

I agree 100%.... mistake, set up... whatever. Conspiracy theory... whatever. Funny thing is ... chances of conspiracy/set-up, 100% more likely than CM NOT getting "ganked" in 5 rounds or less.

I guess popping for cocaine, DUI, hit and run on pregnant woman, and previous steroid bust were setups too?

Ok so the thing about masking agents is that there are certain ones you can take that would allow you to test "clean" for a drug test , but it's only a masking agent it doesn't actually take the drugs out of your system and only masks them for a certain length of time , my guess would be he tested clean by using a masking agent and didn't anticipate the follow up drug test or figured he could mask it again and it didn't work as effectively the second go round . The guy tested positive for the steroid , and you're right it doesn't make sense for him to only take it at that time , my guess is he had been on it for much longer .

I could be wrong but I feel like it's pretty cut and dry that this is what happened to some degree .

Somebody just said in another thread that people take that to retain muscle and strength after a weight cut. Maybe he thought it would be out of his system before the post fight test????
No. Zero chance. It has one of the longest half life's on any drug. It doesn't do anything. It's benefits come from training. A Gatorade would help retain muscle and strength more than a Turinabol pill. They don't work that way.

I really cannot convey how bizarre this is. Not just the fact that this is a $70 stone age pill. Not just the fact that it has a half life which guarantee's he pops. Not just the fact that it wouldn't do anything. Not just the fact that he's post weigh in...

But also - He's a million dollar athlete who has already popped, with a team who would know everything there is to know about PED's.

This is the equivalent of putting a loaded gun in your mouth, pulling the trigger and saying: "I didn't think I would die".

'no athlete would be taking PED's right before [...]' I wish you had started with that because then I would've known from the very beginning that you were full of shit. You're not an expert on these drugs, nor are you an expert in the way Jon Jones thinks.

Last edited:
Back