Weidman could legitimately fight for the belt in a few months

Toco

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
well, we all know whittaker is out till 2018, so there is a 6 month window to fight bisping. he wants GSP, but IF he doesn't get it, then it's all up in the air. take a look at the UFC rankings:

EAl4tiQ.png

so, romero would be the next in line. but you have to take into account that bisping wants anyone but romero. and also, even though they have this kinda heated rivalry, not sure if romero is that popular for the casuals, not sure if the fight in itself would sell well. so he may get passed upon
rockhold is on a loss. his last fight was the disgraceful one that led to all this shit happens, so he couldn't fight for the title. he's now having a tune-up fight
jacaré also just lost, so he's out of the picture, too
then there's the all american. was 0-3 post-USADA (RIP pre-USADA weidman, MW GOAT), finally got a win against an overblown WW (that was looking good, although only fought faded fighters). the UFC COULD make this fight, if GSP isn't available and they decide against romero. also, mousasi is now nowhere to be seen

MW division, what happened to you?

It's obvious Dana believes in Weidman and his appeal.

He's a likeable guy. I don't think he deserves a shot over Romero, Jacare or Rockhold. But right now I just want to see Bisping defend.

I'm tired of Bisping being champ give him a fuckin fight. Any top 5 who can be ready soon make it happen.

Romero just lost the title fight, so it's either Chris or the winner of Luke and Branch. If they're going to set it up now, then Chris is the obvious guy with Whitaker out.

In a world were Henderson was given a title shot, yes, Chris could easily fight for the belt by years end.

Give Chris a fight vs Jacare. I think that fight makes a lot of sense. I don't think Chris is there just yet.

He looked "better" then he as in the past ! Almost like his old self before...........

It's obvious Dana believes in Weidman and his appeal.

He's a likeable guy. I don't think he deserves a shot over Romero, Jacare or Rockhold. But right now I just want to see Bisping defend.

I'm tired of Bisping being champ give him a fuckin fight. Any top 5 who can be ready soon make it happen.

correct. the UFC likes their local boy in Weidman, and he is their access card to getting more fights in the NY market. I fully expect Fox and The UFC to start marketing Weidman a lot more in the coming year. it falls in line well with the current presidential administration (NY, America First). the UFC will protect Weidman, as I'm certain that it helps their reputation and their bank accounts stateside having an American with the middleweight title again.

Weidslow has been on the other end of some highlight losses his last 4 or so fights I'll be it againsts "TOP" guys and that's not what he beat tonight! He beat a guy that can't make weight on multiple occasions and shows no discipline by miserably failing a drug test with the highest caniboids recorded so far in the UFC.......... not a world beater yet !

I actually think this fight is pretty likely at MSG. Weidman is the best contender available and I think Bisping likes that match-up for him. The timing and venue make sense and Bisping is likely to want it IMO.

If Weidman wins that belt he won't be an "undisputed" champ

It could happen, but I still keep feeling that Bisping is dragging this GSP thing out.

I'd prefer Bisping v Romero still, but v Weidman would be OK as well.

I reckon Bisping loses to Weidman, but I'm not sure Romero beats him or not.

Anderson deserves it too then.One shitty win after losing spree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back