If we're gonna dispute that Fedor isn't MMA's GOAT can we at least agree he's the GOAT in the RING?

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just like how Rafael Nadal is known as "The King of Clay" in tennis.

I feel like we have been going at it all wrong when we debate why X fighter is better than Y and when comparing someone then versus now. Just like in tennis, the space where a fight takes place can be a benefit or detriment to a fighter's style. Some fighters may have the ring figured out while some have not. Some fighters like Kimbo Slice just plain dominated the streets.

If not MMA's GOAT, Fedor was at very least the GOAT in the ring. He starched everyone who stepped in there with him. He truly mastered the dimensions of the square fighting surface and nuances of the ropes. Yeah he might of sucked in the cage but cages are an American thing and therefore foreign to Fedor. It doesn't take one thing away from what he did in the ring though.

Men fight in rings, animals fight in cages.

Whatever.

Why does it fuckin matter ?

Do you think that anything you or anybody else says is going to change anyone's mind ?

I know who the GOAT is and the current P4P 1. I don't give a shit what anybody else says. As long as they're not lying their fuckin asses off about ppl.

Just like how Rafael Nadal is known as "The King of Clay" in tennis.

I feel like we have been going at it all wrong when we debate why X fighter is better than Y and when comparing someone then versus now. Just like in tennis, the space where a fight takes place can be a benefit or detriment to a fighter's style. Some fighters may have the ring figured out while some have not. Some fighters like Kimbo Slice just plain dominated the streets.

If not MMA's GOAT, Fedor was at very least the GOAT in the ring. He starched everyone who stepped in there with him. He truly mastered the dimensions of the square fighting surface and nuances of the ropes. Yeah he might of sucked in the cage but cages are an American thing and therefore foreign to Fedor. It doesn't take one thing away from what he did in the ring though.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/11overeem-i-tried-to-fight-fedor-twice-he-refused/

Ducked Reem x2. In came 3 fight losing streak + 1punched by a MW.

You wut mate?

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/11overeem-i-tried-to-fight-fedor-twice-he-refused/

Ducked Reem x2. In came 3 fight losing streak + 1punched by a MW.

You wut mate?

.....once again......

5325021112_563faaee26_b.jpg

No we can't. He's the mma GOAT and that's final.

It's a poor comparrison. Rafael Nadal consistently outperformed the other top guys on Clay in a manner and a degree that he wasn't able to when facing the SAME opponents on other surfaces. Thus the king of Clay.

Other mma p4p contenders either never or scarcely ever competed in a ring. Completely different scenario.

.....once again......

5325021112_563faaee26_b.jpg
that was a great tournament on paper tho, Bellator and Scott Coker should set up another one for a different weight class.

HW GOAT for sure. The guy beat all the top fighters of his time. Just wish we could have seen him against Couture.

So if he enters the same tournament, that means the previous ducking didn't occur?
He entered the same tournament as Overeem twice but they didn't fight each other. Fedor has fought in many tournaments where the opponents we're unknown, he is not a ducker of anyone.

Back