I agree with Nate Diaz holding out for Conor Mcgregor.

GriffinLHWChamp

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
A lot of people are swirling around the idea of Nate vs Ferguson for a #1 contender shot at Mcgregor. But if you really look at this Nate Diaz has the most UFC fights in history AND his win over Conor was dominant while Conors win over him was Razor close.

Frankly, I think anything short of a Mayweather bout materializing Mcgregor probably owes Nate a rubber match for multiple reasons but at the end of the day I think its best for the UFC (unless they think Conor will get beat).

This is a HUGE money fight.. possibly the biggest non mayweather bout possible for Conor and also Nate has put his time in and risking a loss versus Ferguson that would kill that money not just for Mcgregor/UFC but for Nate Diaz who definitely needs to be thinking retirement (lets face it the Diaz brothers cant do much but fight) is WAY to risky.

I dont feel Tony Ferguson is owed anything here more than Nate should be. Nate has the most UFC fights and a rubber match with Conor is waiting after one of the best UFC fights ever in my opinion which was their 2nd fight at UFC 202.

Nate Diaz DONT risk losing millions of dollars. Sit out as long as it takes. You deserve this shot and I think we the fans should be clamoring to make it happen. Diaz versus Mcgregor 3 in my opinion will conclude one of the greatest if not the greatest trilogy ever. To risk losing the hype with a loss versus Ferguson to me is just way too risky. I fully support Nate Diaz on sitting out and waiting on Mcgregor and I think all this talk about rankings is more or less old boxing mindset. Bottom line Mcgregor and Diaz fought at 170 yes but logically this is pressing unfinished business and the biggest money making fight there is in MMA. There is plenty of merit to set this up and who cares if Nates win over Mcgregor was at 170? End the trilogy at 155 for the title. Epic.

Opinions?

Last edited:
He can do what he wants.

I'd like to see him fight, because it entertains me more than anything else he does.

So, you want Nate to retire?

Nah. Win a few fights first. I don't want McGregor to become another Cain who fights the same guy three times in four fights.

A lot of people are swirling around the idea of Nate vs Ferguson for a #1 contender shot at Mcgregor. But if you really look at this Nate Diaz has the most UFC fights in history AND his win over Conor was dominant while Conors win over him was Razor close.

Frankly, I think anything short of a Mayweather bout materializing Mcgregor probably owes Nate a rubber match for multiple reasons but at the end of the day I think its best for the UFC (unless they think Conor will get beat).

This is a HUGE money fight.. possibly the biggest non mayweather bout possible for Conor and also Nate has put his time in and risking a loss versus Ferguson that would kill that money not just for Mcgregor/UFC but for Nate Diaz who definitely needs to be thinking retirement (lets face it the Diaz brothers cant do much but fight) is WAY to risky.

I dont feel Tony Ferguson is owed anything here more than Nate should be. Nate has the most UFC fights and a rubber match with Conor is waiting after one of the best UFC fights ever in my opinion which was their 2nd fight at UFC 202.

Nate Diaz DONT risk losing millions of dollars. Sit out as long as it takes. You deserve this shot and I think we the fans should be clamoring to make it happen. Diaz versus Mcgregor 3 in my opinion will conclude one of the greatest if not the greatest trilogy ever. To risk losing the hype with a loss versus Ferguson to me is just way too risky. I fully support Nate Diaz on sitting out and waiting on Mcgregor and I think all this talk about rankings is more or less old boxing mindset. Bottom line Mcgregor and Diaz fought at 170 yes but logically this is pressing unfinished business and the biggest money making fight there is in MMA. There is plenty of merit to set this up and who cares if Nates win over Mcgregor was at 170? End the trilogy at 155 for the title. Epic.

Opinions?

So you don't want to see Nate Diaz fight because you're worried about his bank account ?

What the fuck is wrong with you

So, you want Nate to retire?

He has the most UFC fights in history retirement is inevitable. But I understand your point about Mcgregor and getting the fight however I do think if Nate waits he gets the shot at him for sure.

This is major unfinished business. Mcgregor won a razor tight decision versus Nate and he hasent proven himself dominant (having been finished in the first fight).

Nate Diaz will loom over Mcgregor for a while and maybe it will take another year but bottom line I like the guy and I want to see him get paid especially after fighting as much as he has.

Ill put it like this. If Im his friend or brother of mother or father Im telling him to hold out for the bout with Mcgregor because inevitably it WILL happen and he will make millions. If you want him to risk all that just because you want to see him fight I hear you but logically I think its best for all parties involved to make this fight asap.

Ive been a UFC fan too long Ive seen way too many potential super fights blown up by taking that one last fight.

So you don't want to see Nate Diaz fight because you're worried about his bank account ?

What the fuck is wrong with you

I just think hes being smart and I support what hes doing Id do the same thing what the fuck is wrong with you?

Besides that if Tony Ferguson beats Nate it kills the momentum for the rubber match. I want Mcgregor vs Diaz for the strap at 155 and I want it to be the a massive fight you dont see that?

Of course its not all about his bank account but I agree with what hes doing and I want this fight to happen and be as big as I know it should be.

From a business standpoint Nate should and probably will wait it out. I strongly disagree with your point that Nate is just as deserving as Tony though - unless "deserve" is based on rivalry and casual name recognition, which, as far as I can tell, is how WME defines deserved.

You really think Tony's resume with guys like Barboza and RDA (who raped Nate) is less impressive than Nate who's won 3 out of his last 7? With losses to RDA, Thompson, Henderson, and others? I just don't see it to be honest.

I just think hes being smart and I support what hes doing Id do the same thing what the fuck is wrong with you?

Besides that if Tony Ferguson beats Nate it kills the momentum for the rubber match. I want Mcgregor vs Diaz for the strap at 155 and I want it to be the a massive fight you dont see that?

Of course its not all about his bank account but I agree with what hes doing and I want this fight to happen and be as big as I know it should be.

So Nate should just sit around and hope that Conor grants him a rematch.

How many rematches has Conor ever granted to anyone?

Why would he bother to fight Diaz at this point?

Technically Im counting his Ultimate fighter bouts too but officially he has 23 UFC fights thats a hell of a lot of fights + the ultimate fighter this dudes put in work for the UFC for sure. No one has had more fights for the UFC ultimate fighter and UFC live event combined.

Sure you can say the ultimate fighter doesnt count but tell that to the guys fighting in there. They know that was a real fight.

Nate doesnt deseve a title shot ,
but Conor was gifted with that shot , who knows what will happen.

they can say that fans wanted the trilogy and here we go , it is so simple

Nate Diaz is like a trophy wife waiting for Conor to come home to get penetrated and receive money.

he should fight outside the division while he bides his time for McGregor

Nate vs Jouban at 170 lbs

Last edited:
If Nate is holding out for Conor than i hope he never gets the fight.

He was gifted that first fight and Conor had to go up 2 divisions. lol

Nate is well in his right to wait for Conor, but he shouldn't be surprised if the fight never happens.

Once you give a Diaz brother a taste of big money, there's no going back to the midcard.

Nate has lost 3 of his last 5 lw fights. If he gets a title shot, it's because there's no one left to fight for the belt. Khabib and Ferg would have to be injured. At this point giving Nate a fight is the same as giving Cowboy Cerrone a fight or Dos Anjos because they too have been getting beat up. He doesn't owe Nate shit as far as a rubber match. Conor gave him the opportunity of a lifetime by letting him fight as a replacement and making more money than he's ever made in his life...I don't think because Nate gave him a rematch, he owes Nate..because again..Nate made more money than he's ever made.

Back