I agree with Nate Diaz holding out for Conor Mcgregor.

I don't. I also know it doesn't matter what I think about it to Nate. Either way there's unFINISHED business there.

If Nate is holding out for Conor than i hope he never gets the fight.

He was gifted that first fight and Conor had to go up 2 divisions. lol

conor fought a man three times his size....

(btw, conor only went "up" 1 division, considering he cuts a whole division n some to make 145)

Nate's already had 2 masasive paydays in his last 2 fights. Why should other fighters with more deserving resume's be held back from earning more just so that Nate can sit on his arse indefinitely waiting on a third. The argument that he can't take the fight because he risks losing is absolute horseshit.

He actually meant:

Nate Diaz has the most LOSSES in UFC history.

Which isnt true quite yet.. but he's almost there.
Where'd you get that stat from if you don't mind, I tried to find it but couldn't?

I dont feel Tony Ferguson is owed anything here more than Nate should be. Nate has the most UFCfights

giphy.gif

conor fought a man three times his size....

(btw, conor only went "up" 1 division, considering he cuts a whole division n some to make 145)

Still Conor fighting 2 divisions up from what he was normally fighting.

Where'd you get that stat from if you don't mind, I tried to find it but couldn't?

He doesn't have the most losses... but he's pretty close and is still young.

Nate has 9 losses in the UFC, both Frank Mir and Tito Ortiz both have 11.

I love watching Nate fight. But I wont give him shit for refusing to take a pay cut to get punched in the head. He knows what he can make, so he only wants to make that. Cool. He got paid. He should be good hopefully for a long time. I'm happy for the Diaz brothers, if they fight again - cool. If they dont, Cool.

He has the most UFC fights in history retirement is inevitable. But I understand your point about Mcgregor and getting the fight however I do think if Nate waits he gets the shot at him for sure.

This is major unfinished business. Mcgregor won a razor tight decision versus Nate and he hasent proven himself dominant (having been finished in the first fight).

Nate Diaz will loom over Mcgregor for a while and maybe it will take another year but bottom line I like the guy and I want to see him get paid especially after fighting as much as he has.

Ill put it like this. If Im his friend or brother of mother or father Im telling him to hold out for the bout with Mcgregor because inevitably it WILL happen and he will make millions. If you want him to risk all that just because you want to see him fight I hear you but logically I think its best for all parties involved to make this fight asap.

Ive been a UFC fan too long Ive seen way too many potential super fights blown up by taking that one last fight.
You're right that it makes sense from a sporting perspective and that it is easily the best possible payday for Diaz.

However, it's not going to happen as long as McG and the UFC think there are bigger paydays for them, which they do.

And we know McG likes to put things behind him and aim for the next level. Why take the risk to defend a belt? Why fight Diaz when the last thing on their ledger is a W? If you don't ever defend, you are champ forever. If you don't rematch, you are the Victor forever. Or at least you can pretend you are.

I can get behind the idea that Diaz should wait a year if he really believes it will happen, but should he wait two years? Three? I would say no. And what if it never happens? That is a very real possibility.

You're right that it makes sense from a sporting perspective and that it is easily the best possible payday for Diaz.

However, it's not going to happen as long as McG and the UFC think there are bigger paydays for them, which they do.

And we know McG likes to put things behind him and aim for the next level. Why take the risk to defend a belt? Why fight Diaz when the last thing on their ledger is a W? If you don't ever defend, you are champ forever. If you don't rematch, you are the Victor forever. Or at least you can pretend you are.

I can get behind the idea that Diaz should wait a year if he really believes it will happen, but should he wait two years? Three? I would say no. And what if it never happens? That is a very real possibility.
Waiting 2 or 3 years is not good but I think it shouldnt take that long.

I know that fighting mayweather may take a lot of time to get done but after that I think first order of business should be Nate Diaz. People have claimed hes lost 3 out of 5 at lightweight and TRUE. But he also dominated the champion and finished him (recently at that) and then lost a razor close decision in the 2nd fight.

My point is this. The rubber match is looming and its obviously the biggest money fight the UFC can make. Tony Ferguson doesnt pull those number. Khabib definitely doesnt pull those numbers.

From a busineds perspective why ruin the best money making and historic rubber match fight to see Tony Ferguson beat Nate or Khabib beat Conor? The time to strike is when the iron is hot. Once they do this fight THEN I say Khabib and Ferguson by all means one should get the next shot.

My opinion: Conor versus Mayweather (if that happens) then Conor versus Diaz and Tony Ferguson versus Khabib for the #1 contender. Tough crap to Ferguson and Nurgogomedov but they dont have nearly the interest that Diaz those AND they will eventually get that shot.

He's gonna lose leverage once it's like January 2019 and he still hasn't had a fight in the interim.

The nest
Waiting 2 or 3 years is not good but I think it shouldnt take that long.

I know that fighting mayweather may take a lot of time to get done but after that I think first order of business should be Nate Diaz. People have claimed hes lost 3 out of 5 at lightweight and TRUE. But he also dominated the champion and finished him (recently at that) and then lost a razor close decision in the 2nd fight.

My point is this. The rubber match is looming and its obviously the biggest money fight the UFC can make. Tony Ferguson doesnt pull those number. Khabib definitely doesnt pull those numbers.

From a busineds perspective why ruin the best money making and historic rubber match fight to see Tony Ferguson beat Nate or Khabib beat Conor? The time to strike is when the iron is hot. Once they do this fight THEN I say Khabib and Ferguson by all means one should get the next shot.

My opinion: Conor versus Mayweather (if that happens) then Conor versus Diaz and Tony Ferguson versus Khabib for the #1 contender. Tough crap to Ferguson and Nurgogomedov but they dont have nearly the interest that Diaz those AND they will eventually get that shot.
The best thing to me about the UFC over boxing is they acctually make the fights happen that people want to see. Sometimes it falls apart but if the fans want Diaz Mcregor 3 first then rankings be damned for 4 or 5 months. Inevitably after that business is taking care of a #1 contender will get his chance. Its not like its going to be Conor Mcgregor versus Royce Gracie or some insanity like that. The top guys do get their chance they always do. But what the fans want to see is what is the priority and you know what? I agree. We pay the bills over there and Tony Ferguson versus Conor Mcgregor is freaking awsome but Diaz Mcgregor 3 is epic. We will see Ferguson after that / khabib.

I agree too, nate isn't a draw and neither is anyone else. Get another Conor night and retire rich and fat

He knows he can make bank waiting on the third fight. Why on Earth would he give a runny shit about anything less, DANA?

A third fight between them is inevitable; Only a fool would think otherwise.

However, they shouldn't book it again just yet. Let a little more time pass and have Conor fight a couple more times before letting him face off with Nate again. No need to rush it.

As for Ferguson, about the only way Nate takes a fight with him or any other top ranked Lightweight is if he starts getting paranoid that the UFC is protecting Conor by keeping him away from him (under the justification that Diaz seems more or less "retired" the longer he turns down fights), and feels he has to beat someone worthy to secure a rubber match for sure. Otherwise, he will likely remain content sitting at home waiting for McGregor to make the call.

I guess the days of earning belts and title shots is truly lost on some people. Nate does not deserve to fight the top guys. Conor should be defending against the top guys. The UFC is a circus.

If Nate is holding out for Conor than i hope he never gets the fight.

He was gifted that first fight and Conor had to go up 2 divisions. lol

He was gifted a fight on 10 days notice? Wow, what a gift!

Go up 2 weight classes AKA not cut weight

Back