Does popular culture impact MMA as well?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Was watching this video and thinking how much it seems like MMA is going the way of the music and art industry, in a sense because actual talent is becoming of less importance while crass and vacuous narcissism is celebrated, and the sheep eat it all up like candy.

Idk, but you know what?

you'll never be 15 and in love
lying on the grass on a warm summer night, watching the stars, carelessly chatting
not worrying about rent, bills, student loans
only worry in life is how you're gonna cheat on that history test on monday
you'll never take a young, tight, hot-bodied girls virginity, pulling out to cum all over her back and have her look in your eyes and say "I love you"
you'll never have a girl around every day after school, pretend to be doing homework together, but instead just **** like rabbits
you're in your 20's now
gotta get a good job
gotta be a serious man now
all the good ones are taken
maybe a nice girl will eventually settle with you
they have already felt all those new exciting feelings before, and are usually jaded and bitter
you missed what it feels like to have not a care in the world other than making your girl happy
you have missed out on teenage love

1) Of course/ How do you think WMMA came around? An untapped financial resource with virtually total ignorance of MMA. It was easy money.
2) Super Fights have turned into the Bigger Fighters looking for ways to prolong Championships.
I have always supported the UFC, but the last couple of years, it has tried to market the Fighters of their choice, and this has made most cards lackluster. (It does work, until the so-called "once in a lifetime" Fighter gets exposed continuously; ex.2 years from now, McGregor will just be another bum, after Fighting a few legitimate Fighters and losing badly. Before all the conor nutthuggers start whining, I based this on how easily he was tapped by a middle of the rode LW.)
3) All the Champs now holding out for easier Fights, claiming they are money Fights
4) Fake trashtalk that's not even entertaining or believable (Pisping)

Idk, but you know what?

lying on the grass on a warm summer night, watching the stars, carelessly chatting
you'll never take a young, tight, hot-bodied girls virginity, pulling out to cum all over her back and have her look in your eyes and say "I love you"
you'll never have a girl around every day after school, pretend to be doing homework together, but instead just **** like rabbits
you're in your 20's now
gotta get a good job
they have already felt all those new exciting feelings before, and are usually jaded and bitter
you missed what it feels like to have not a care in the world other than making your girl happy
That was strangely beautiful

Idk, but you know what?

you're in your 20's now
gotta get a good job
That shit is old bruh

623558224013303809-Twitter.png

Idk, but you know what?

you're in your 20's now
gotta get a good job

Classic Florian...

I would say the answer to your question is yes. However, the fact that the things you mention are the things that sell and generate hype are a reflection of the shallow fans. And when I talk about shallow fans, I'm not just talking about casuals. Just look at the hard-core McGregor fans on here.

Idk, but you know what?

you're in your 20's now
gotta get a good job
giphy.gif

Why wouldn't it is the better question? MMA is a money making avenue, so pop culture does play into it. Let's not forget merchandising, video games, cloths, movies everything else.

Why wouldn't it is the better question? MMA is a money making avenue, so pop culture does play into it. Let's not forget merchandising, video games, cloths, movies everything else.
Ok I understand that, but my point is WHY is it that the rude, obnoxious, narcissistic and shallow sells over talent, substance and sportsmanship?

The video I posted goes into the way our culture is brainwashed, and no not everyone buys into it, but those who can be influenced are constantly being influenced by vacuous shit. Why is it this way, is it really now the in thing to root for narcissism over substance?

I would say the answer to your question is yes. However, the fact that the things you mention are the things that sell and generate hype are a reflection of the shallow fans. And when I talk about shallow fans, I'm not just talking about casuals. Just look at the hard-core McGregor fans on here.
But that's exactly my point, if you watch the video it basically talks about how popular culture feeds us the most shallow shit and creates of culture of morons who are stimulated by the vulgar and disrespectful. It obviously translates into mma too.

Was watching this video and thinking how much it seems like MMA is going the way of the music and art industry, in a sense because actual talent is becoming of less importance while crass and vacuous narcissism is celebrated, and the sheep eat it all up like candy.

Are you getting old or just a hipster. I feel like every generation ppl say how society is deteriorating or something to that extent im sure you can go back to the beginning of time and hear ppl whine.

Idk, but you know what?

you're in your 20's now
gotta get a good job
Well i never had any of that even when I was young 20 years ago

Back