Proof Conor can land on Floyd

death_by_teeps

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Keep seeing over and over people claim that Conor can't land his straight left on Floyd. Boxers and boxer trainers are saying it (they are obviously biased the way mma guys were saying Lesnar had no chance in mma), but I am surprised to see so many mma guys making this claim.

Chris Van Heerden is 28-2 in professional boxing, and is in his prime (he is 30 years old). Certainly, this video shows Conor wouldn't win on points. But, it is obvious, from this video, that Conor can land his power straight left hand. Even Chris remarked that his counter left straight was a surprise how well it worked, his timing, and precision.

How can anybody see this video and argue that Conor can't land his left straight on a 41 year old Mayweather? What am I missing here?

"Proof?"
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Ts is right. Conor can land.

Floyd wins 99 times out of 100. But there is always that chance.

Even Chris remarked that his counter left straight was a surprise how well it worked, his timing, and precision.
I think the difference here is that he's remarking how impressed he is considering that Conor is not a pro boxer. That doesn't mean he thinks Conor is a pro-level boxer. It also doesn't mean he'd find success against one of the greatest boxers of all time, and almost definitely the greatest defensive boxer of all time.

That guy isn't Mayweather.

That's literally like saying hey I can take Conor McGregor down that's proof I can take Jose Aldo down.

It's not.

Conor either needs to resurrect Sugar Ray Robinson or he's NOT going to find any ANY training partners like Mayweather.

I think the difference here is that he's remarking how impressed he is considering that Conor is not a pro boxer. That doesn't mean he thinks Conor is a pro-level boxer. It also doesn't mean he'd find success against one of the greatest boxers of all time, and almost definitely the greatest defensive boxer of all time.
Floyd is the greatest defensive boxer, but his later fights he started getting tagged and after his first retirement he was getting hit a lot, and almost lost a couple majority decisions. So can a 41 year old Floyd, 3 years removed from his last fight, be any better than Chris here? And if not, then we should be able to see Floyd eating some of Conors straight lefts, just like in the video.

That guy isn't Mayweather.

That's literally like saying hey I can take Conor McGregor down that's proof I can take Jose Aldo down.

It's not.

Conor either needs to resurrect Sugar Ray Robinson or he's NOT going to find any ANY training partners like Mayweather.
That guy isn't Mayweather, but he is in his prime and Mayweather will be very much out of his prime. Hard to see how this video isn't relevant. Plus Conor will have had a year since this video to focus on his boxing by fight time.

So can a 41 year old Floyd, 3 years removed from his last fight, be any better than Chris here?
Uh, yeah. By a fucking lot. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

Terrible

Conors landing like here pretty much but the adult version

Conor has 0% chance

220 posts in less than a week...maybe sit the next couple of plays out, Champ.

Last edited:
220 posts in less than a week...get a life
Your life must be pretty great if you spend your time looking at peoples post count and join date and complain about it. Not hard to have a few hundred posts if you are having some productive conversations back and forth with people about a subject over 6 days time, is it?

That guy isn't Mayweather, but he is in his prime and Mayweather will be very much out of his prime. Hard to see how this video isn't relevant. Plus Conor will have had a year since this video to focus on his boxing by fight time.
Mayweather out of his prime is still the best boxer on his planet. The guy made Canelo look like a rookie 4 years ago.

This video is irrelevant.

And Conor had been training his boxing for a year? A year ago McGregor lost to Diaz and thru his diva tantrum and tried to retire. Then he spent 350k on a training camp dedicated to BJJ and keeping the fight on the get (TDD).

So we he focusing on boxing or Nate Diaz?

You are also assuming that Chris is performing at his peak. No reason whatsoever to assume that given that he is in with a non-boxer. And comparing Chris to Floyd in the first place is like comparing a regional Chess champ to Bobby Fischer

There's a difference between being biased and being realistic I mean yes conor is a good striker in mma but that's in mma where you have to train in many different disciplines floyd boxes it's what he has been doing for a long time and he has fought boxers with much better straight punches much better timing much better movement and much better accuracy I think what you are missing is that is you think everyone is counting him out when there not he just has a very very very very slim chance

How about the unedited version where Conor gets completely controlled by a simple jab and whiffs at air a majority of the time?

You are also assuming that Chris is performing at his peak. No reason whatsoever to assume that given that he is in with a non-boxer. And comparing Chris to Floyd in the first place is like comparing a regional Chess champ to Bobby Fischer
Actually, I thought Chris was getting upset sometimes and throwing hard. Conor looked like he was just working on skills here, not throwing particularly fast or hard, just working his timing. I don't see a skill gap between them. Again, Floyd is better than Chris, but three years removed from boxing at 41 years old? No way is Floyd a whole step ahead of everyone nowadays, given he had two majority draws in 2013-2015 time frame.

How about the unedited version where Conor gets completely controlled by a simple jab and whiffs at air a majority of the time?

If this is unedited version, then why is it only 2 minutes long? This was posted by Chris, he was upset about the other embarassing 6 minute clip making its way on the internet. This was the warmup I think.

If this is unedited version, then why is it only 2 minutes long? This was posted by Chris, he was upset about the other embarassing 6 minute clip making its way on the internet. This was the warmup I think.
Lol ok.

Back