Proof Conor can land on Floyd

I am suggesting that although this guy was a level below a younger Floyd, a 41 year old Floyd is a relevant comparison, knowing that a boxer that relies on defensive reflexes is going to lose a step from 38 years of age to 41 years of age. Assuming Floyd hasn't degraded in the last 3 years defies scientific knowledge, of course he has lost a step. That makes the comparison of a top 10 boxer to an older Floyd reasonable.
Floyd's been retired less than 2 years and doesn't look like he's putting on weight so I'm guessing he still trains at least a bit. Also Van Heerdan is more than a step down from Floyd. Pretty much look at whoever you think is Mayweather's 10 weakest opponents and I'm sure they all beat this guy.

Its not unedited, it is a warmup round that Chris (who was embarassed of Conor sparring footage) sent out.
That's not even the video Chris put out. The video posted was the first video that emerged of the two sparring. This is the one Chris put out

That guy isn't Mayweather.

That's literally like saying hey I can take Conor McGregor down that's proof I can take Jose Aldo down.

It's not.

Conor either needs to resurrect Sugar Ray Robinson or he's NOT going to find any ANY training partners like Mayweather.
No he doesn't need to resurrect him...just spar against his ghost and that's pretty accurate as to how easily he'd hit Mayweather.

How about the unedited version where Conor gets completely controlled by a simple jab and whiffs at air a majority of the time?

The ''unedited version'' thats 6 minutes shorter than the... edited version? K

The ''unedited version'' thats 6 minutes shorter than the... edited version? K

Chris didn't bring his camera crew with him, Connor did. It's most likely that's all the unedited footage someone from the gym recorded for him. What Conor did is record a full sparing match and trim it down to the best 6 minutes. This is all speculation, but I'm sure thats what happened.

Perfect example. It is a known logical fallacy called Normalization Bias. Because something hasn't happened before (amateur politician winning presidency or mma striker winning in top shelf boxing) means it can't happen. So many experts and polls and conventional wisdom was wrong about Trump's chances. Yet the evidence was there. Polls showed Hillary only 2 points ahead, and polls also suggested that Trump supporters would be hesitant to admit they were voting for Trump.

If you look at the 11 most common fallacies, many sherdoggers in this thread have made the same mistakes. When logic clearly should make us know better. We know that boxers degrade rapidly going into their 40's. We know that Conor has dispatched opponents with true ease striking, and that he was competitive with IBO champ in sparring. We know that, objectively, Mayweathers speech patterns have changed, which is a red flag. We know that despite Normalcy Bias, oddsmakers still give Conor a reasonable shot at winning. We know that Conor will only improve in his boxing leading up to the fight with Floyd. We know Floyd has problems/injuries with his hands, and started already to decline with a couple of majority decisions later in his career. We know Conor is unorthodox and the 3 most problem opponents for Floyd were southpaws.

People resist change, and fight back with vigor against change to the status quo, and conventional thinking is that an mma fighter can't strike with a top boxer. Objectively, even Joe Duffy trying boxing late in his career compiled a 7-0 win record against reasonable competition.

The signs are all there for an upset. Just like Trump beating Hillary, the signs are there. With Trump election, people laughed out loud at Trumps chances, including those who should know better, even President Obama laughed. Normalcy Bias is one of the most powerful of fallacies, blinding people to the obviousness of the truth.
You do know that Hillary got 2 million more votes than Trump and won only because of the electoral college.

That's like saying Mayweather will beat up Conor for 12 rounds then lose on scorecards.

That guy isn't Mayweather, but he is in his prime and Mayweather will be very much out of his prime. Hard to see how this video isn't relevant. Plus Conor will have had a year since this video to focus on his boxing by fight time.

Mayweather does not need to be in his prime to run circles around this leprechaun

Situations in which McGregor would land anything significant on Mayweather (in a boxing match):

- Matfixing
- Some freak accident where lightning strikes Floyd and leaves him paralyzed

I know it's only sparring and everything but, conor looks really clumsy with that karate stance in a boxing match. He looks stiff (lol) with little footwork and no head movement or torque behind his punches. He knows how to throw that left and should pack some power still.

Back