If Cucuy beats Nurm he's p4p #1 imo

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm not even a fan of this dude, but it's hard to find a more impressive fighter over the past few years. He's shown that he can overcome tricky strikers like Barboza and Lando, he's proven he can outlast tough durable and experienced guys like RDA and Josh Thompson, if he beats a beast like Nurm, it's gonna be hard to argue that there's a better fighter out there.

Of course that's a big IF, but he's got an impressive win over Tibau who arguably beat Khabib and has a very similar style. Can't wait for this fight.

tumblr_notaftDWt71qz8ui7o1_500.gif

I don't see any argument for him being better than Bisping who beat the MW GOAT, the 3-division legend Hendo and P4P great Rockhold. ;)

People need to get over this concept of beating someone or a few people and then automatically becoming P4P best or GOAT...

It takes years of dominance, being a champion, title defenses, clearing out your division etc...

To be considered GOAT or P4P best...

c7736a00-a091-11e5-8d9e-f772abc7f07c_Ferguson-Barboza-battle.jpg

tony-ferguson-edson-barboza-tuf-22-finale-1.jpg

Also RDA who outstruck Pettis and Cerrone and Diaz.
Lol @ Barboza being an elite striker. Decisioning a weak 2016 Pettis and getting wrecked by MJ.

And RDA was schooling Tony on the feet until the eyepoke, the RDA that KO'd by Eddie, who looked like an amateur against a real elite striker, McGregor.

P4P should be reserved for guys who have cleaned out their divisions and can find success in weight classes above them

I'm not even a fan of this dude, but it's hard to find a more impressive fighter over the past few years. He's shown that he can overcome tricky strikers like Barboza and Lando, he's proven he can outlast tough durable and experienced guys like RDA and Josh Thompson, if he beats a beast like Nurm, it's gonna be hard to argue that there's a better fighter out there.

Of course that's a big IF, but he's got an impressive win over Tibau who arguably beat Khabib and has a very similar style. Can't wait for this fight.

tumblr_notaftDWt71qz8ui7o1_500.gif
NO

Not sure I'd go that far, but he will certainly be the number one LW. Ten fight streak and has fought ALL the top guys in the division.

P4P should be reserved for guys who have cleaned out their divisions and can find success in weight classes above them
Basically no current guys have proven this besides Anderson Silva in his heyday. Well, Mighty Mouse and DC had success in higher divisions earlier but DC hasn't cleaned out LHW...

Lol @ Barboza being an elite striker. Decisioning a weak 2016 Pettis and getting wrecked by MJ.

And RDA was schooling Tony on the feet until the eyepoke, the RDA that KO'd by Eddie, who looked like an amateur against a real elite striker, McGregor.

Your MMAth is weak as fuck.

Barboza > Melendez > Masvidal

Barboza > Pettis > Henderson > Diaz > Cerrone

RDA schooled nothing. He had a good first round then got figured out by Tony and beaten. RDA > Pettis & Diaz & Cerrone on the feet, and as for Nate Diaz...

GoldenDisfiguredHumpbackwhale.gif

Your MMAth is weak as fuck.

Barboza > Melendez > Masvidal

Barboza > Pettis > Henderson > Diaz > Cerrone

RDA schooled nothing. He had a good first round then got figured out by Tony and beaten. RDA > Pettis & Diaz & Cerrone on the feet, and as for Nate Diaz...

maxresdefault.jpg
Okay mr "Barboza is an elite striker" <36>

By MMA standards he is. Outstruck Pettis who outstruck Henderson who outstruck Diaz who almost KTFO McGregor, while the best McGregor could do is win a majority decision. <JonesLaugh>

If Barboza isn't an elite striker for losing to MJ couldn't you argue Conor isn't an elite striker for losing to and then barely beating Nate? Nate got schooled by RDA.

more of this "i'm not a fan of this dude but let me make an outrageous fanboy claim" type of post

Back