Just have a bad feeling for Khabib in this one

datsyuk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As much of a fan of Khabib as I am, and as much as I hate to admit it, I just am having a hard time seeing him pull this one off against Tony. I like Tony as a fighter as well, so it wouldn't be the most dissapointing person for Khabib to lose to, but I am starting to really turn my decision around. At first, I was definitely thinking Khabib all the way, but the more I look at this fight against the craziest fucking guy on the UFC roster (as in literally crazy), I am really starting to have my doubts. Tony has insane cardio, chin, mental fortitude, and lanky ass range to possibly keep Khabib at bay. And, if Khabib does get him to the ground, Tony's BJJ might be good enough to fend him off or even possibly submit him. For all the other big Khabib supporters out there, what are your thoughts on this one and are you at all concerned? I am a big Khabib fan, but even I am being realistic in this one, and it isn't looking that great, but I really do hope Khabib proves me wrong.

i think Tonys best way to win is to weathers the early rounds, lets khabib tire out by pressuring him constantly, and subs him on a sloppy td late in the fight.

I dont think khabib will be able to sub or finish him (tony is good on the ground and has a great chin and recovery). Unless khabib can pin him down and tko him, i see it being a very long and tough fight for khabib.

I think tony has better bjj, striking, and cardio, while khabib has better wrestling.

Super high level matchup though

All of Khabibs so called "fans" will disappear after Ferguson wins. I cant wait.

Ferguson doesn't seem too confident. His media appearances are too cringey and everything he says feels forced. I actually respected his power, but now I think he might crumble come fight night.

I bet Ferguson catches him early and finishes him in the first or second. Tony might get taken down once or twice just because it's Khabib, but Tony will have enough time standing to find the shot he needs. I don't trust Khabib's chin to hold up the way some people's have against Tony.

same here ,
this is Khabibs biggest test.
2 best LW fighting each other, I want Khabib to take this but I am not that sure.
Tony is just good everywhere.

if Khabib somehow manages to beat Tony , I dont see anyone who can stop Khabib

I hope Khabib gets finished violently.

I think it will come down to if Cucuy can survive the initial onslaught by Khabib, which is likely to be ferocious & relentless.

If he can get through the first couple of rounds of Khabibs wrestling / GnP without taking a horrific amount of damage, then he wears him down and either KOs him late, or subs him.

As much of a fan of Khabib as I am, and as much as I hate to admit it, I just am having a hard time seeing him pull this one off against Tony. I like Tony as a fighter as well, so it wouldn't be the most dissapointing person for Khabib to lose to, but I am starting to really turn my decision around. At first, I was definitely thinking Khabib all the way, but the more I look at this fight against the craziest fucking guy on the UFC roster (as in literally crazy), I am really starting to have my doubts. Tony has insane cardio, chin, mental fortitude, and lanky ass range to possibly keep Khabib at bay. And, if Khabib does get him to the ground, Tony's BJJ might be good enough to fend him off or even possibly submit him. For all the other big Khabib supporters out there, what are your thoughts on this one and are you at all concerned? I am a big Khabib fan, but even I am being realistic in this one, and it isn't looking that great, but I really do hope Khabib proves me wrong.
I am a very big Khabib fan.....And I can tell you this fight will last 3 rounds tops...Tony is going to school Khabib that will end in a ko(tko)...and he (khabib) might get subbed...carefully watch Khabib's previous fight...then watch Tony's...People are going to be surprised at lopsided this will be..

Khabib wont let us down

Tony via omoplata after khabib try's an elbow during gnp

Heard it here first

All of Khabibs so called "fans" will disappear after Ferguson wins. I cant wait.

Oh yes, but not just Khabib's. One of these dudes is going to go from being a world class superstar who'd finish Conor with ease to a useless piece of shit who never belonged in the UFC overnight :D

Sherdog, baby :cool:

Tony is Khabib's toughest fight in the division and I fully expect him to put up a good fight and provide resistance from the bottom. In the end Tony will look like a murder victim and get submitted. Khabib isn't losing to anybody in the LW division. The man is on a mission and I've rarely seen fighters this focused to get what they want. Ferguson wanted money, he got it, he is only fighting to get his big paycheck and he knows he is fucked in this fight.

The two variables that nobody has seen yet in Khabib are how good his chin and cardio are. Apparently he trains like a fucking werewolf, so he may just have the cardio to keep up with Tony for 5 rounds. I think the biggest x-factor in this fight will be Khabibs chin though. If it turns out that Khabib can absolutely take a punch and keep on coming, it would be a huuuuge boost to his chances at surviving and grinding out Tony.

I am not worry about Khabibs chin , it is more about his cardio.

Tony is Khabib's toughest fight in the division and I fully expect him to put up a good fight and provide resistance from the bottom. In the end Tony will look like a murder victim and get submitted. Khabib isn't losing to anybody in the LW division. The man is on a mission and I've rarely seen fighters this focused to get what they want. Ferguson wanted money, he got it, he is only fighting to get his big paycheck and he knows he is fucked in this fight.
I hope you are right.

Back