Just have a bad feeling for Khabib in this one

I expect Tony to get the finish in this fight. The only way I see Khabib winning this fight is via decision and even then it'd be close. I don't see Tony getting finished and expect within rounds three or four for Khabib to get choked out.

I am not worry about Khabibs chin , it is more about his cardio.
He says he is in the absolute best shape of his career, and he trains at AKA with the very best wrestlers and in the mountains of Dagestan. When he says he has the ability to put pressure on guys until the mentally and physically break, I truly do believe him. I just hope his chin can hold up, because he is almost certainly getting tagged a few times in this one.

Tony is Khabib's toughest fight in the division and I fully expect him to put up a good fight and provide resistance from the bottom. In the end Tony will look like a murder victim and get submitted. Khabib isn't losing to anybody in the LW division. The man is on a mission and I've rarely seen fighters this focused to get what they want. Ferguson wanted money, he got it, he is only fighting to get his big paycheck and he knows he is fucked in this fight.
hope this will happen.
Khabib said that he will beat Tony easy. this makes me think he is not preparing enough.
hope not, otherwise it will be a f..cked up night for Khabib.

anyway,lets assume Khabib knows what he is doing
KHABIB TIME

All of Khabibs so called "fans" will disappear after Ferguson wins. I cant wait.

It is Ferguson who has a lot of so called fans. Pick your favorite Conor nuthugger around here and see his pick, I bet you he chooses Ferguson over Khabib. If Tony wins in deed, just watch how many of these Ferguson so called fans turn on him since he will be due to face Conor. But anyway Khabib will handle him and Khabib fans aren't going no where. This post isn't directed at you though, I think you are one of the few legit Tony fans.

I'm picking Khabib in this one. But I also picked RDA against Tony.

I am a very big Khabib fan.....And I can tell you this fight will last 3 rounds tops...Tony is going to school Khabib that will end in a ko(tko)...and he (khabib) might get subbed...carefully watch Khabib's previous fight...then watch Tony's...People are going to be surprised at lopsided this will be..
This is exactly what I'm afraid of. I can see Tony embarrassing him, but on the flip side, I can also see Khabib mauling Tony. This fight can't come soon enough and will most likely tell us who the true alpha male in the LW division is.

i think Tonys best way to win is to weathers the early rounds, lets khabib tire out by pressuring him constantly, and subs him on a sloppy td late in the fight.

I dont think khabib will be able to sub or finish him (tony is good on the ground and has a great chin and recovery). Unless khabib can pin him down and tko him, i see it being a very long and tough fight for khabib.

I think tony has better bjj, striking, and cardio, while khabib has better wrestling.

Super high level matchup though
Tony was an all american d1 wrestler.

Khabib is no joke. I'm 50/50 on this fight as huge ferg fan. Win or lose to me he's most exciting fighter in UFC. Yeah he's corny crazy all that but I dont care about that dude brings it and fought MJ for two rounds with a broken arm, game as fuck. If Khabib can make taking him down a habit his size will work against him. Those long limbs have poor leverage. At same time those long limbs of Tonys makes it harder to take him down since he can keep khabib away from his hips.. Great fight.

Last edited:
I didn't get a chance to see the Ferguson/Castillo fight, but from what everyone says, Castillo was able to blanket wrestle Ferguson quite well. If that's the case, maybe I am underestimating Khabib's chances here.

Khabib is no joke. I'm 50/50 on this fight as huge ferg fan. Win or lose to me he's most exciting fighter in UFC. Yeah he's corny crazy all that but I dont care about that dude brings it and fought MJ for two rounds with a broken arm, game as fuck. If Khabib can make taking him down a habit his size will work against him. Those long limbs have poor leverage.
The more I think about this fight, the more I see it being lopsided for whoever wins. Most people are thinking it's gonna be close, but I don't think so anymore. If Tony wins, I think it's by a landslide. Same goes for Khabib. That's what makes this fight so damn interesting to me. At least I feel better that a huge Ferguson fan such as yourself is worried about the fight like I am lol. I will say this, whoever comes out on top is gonna be the champ in this division for a while IMO.

Tony was an all american d1 wrestler.
Twice but in NCWA but Khabib is a world class wrestler. It's like Yoel vs Weidman type thing. Tony will be comfortable but better not stay there for long. Hopefully he only uses his wrestling for TDD like liddell used to do.

I'm leaning towards Tony by first or second round KO/TKO right now, maybe even another D'Arce after knocking Khabib down, but I will say this: If Khabib deals with Tony's reach well and mauls him the way he mauled guys like Johnson, the fight with McGregor* will be huge.

*Assuming McGregor ever fights in MMA again

Khabib would have a far better chance of winning this fight if it was only 3 rounds, as I can't see him finishing Ferguson.

Leaning towards Khabib by UD, but it's very possible that Ferguson catches him in a choke during a scramble or takedown attempt.

The two variables that nobody has seen yet in Khabib are how good his chin and cardio are. Apparently he trains like a fucking werewolf, so he may just have the cardio to keep up with Tony for 5 rounds. I think the biggest x-factor in this fight will be Khabibs chin though. If it turns out that Khabib can absolutely take a punch and keep on coming, it would be a huuuuge boost to his chances at surviving and grinding out Tony.
His chin seems pretty good. He took a bomb from MJ and recovered quickly and MJ definitely hits harder than Ferguson and is much quicker

All of Khabibs so called "fans" will disappear after Ferguson wins. I cant wait.
I will always root for Russian and Polish fighters, period.
I'll be here.

Ferguson doesn't seem too confident. His media appearances are too cringey and everything he says feels forced. I actually respected his power, but now I think he might crumble come fight night.
Not sure when this trend started, but seems like some people give too much weight to all the pre-fight interviews. These men are fighters, not public speakers. Interviews are just a part of their obligations. I'm pretty certain that if an astrophysicist had to give a public talk, and completely bombed it due to poor public speaking abilities... it would have 0 effect on said astrophysicist performing his job the next day. Zero. These guys train to fight, not talk.

You're right, buddeh.

This is gonna go just like ALL of his other losses.

Grow a scrote, ffs.

What a great fight for mma fans. A true either fighter can win fight. Can't wait.

I'm leaning towards Tony by first or second round KO/TKO right now, maybe even another D'Arce after knocking Khabib down, but I will say this: If Khabib deals with Tony's reach well and mauls him the way he mauled guys like Johnson, the fight with McGregor* will be huge.

*Assuming McGregor ever fights in MMA again
He won 4 titles never defended one. I go by history and history says this is the real championship fight.

Back