The real reason why Tyron is an unpopular champ....

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It's not his skills (he has them) and it's not that he hasn't been in exciting fights or is an exciting fighter (he is and can be).
It's because he is calculated. Much like Jon Jones, he never stops talking about his legacy, or his plan, and comes across as disingeous in the process. He won the title then immediately started trying to call his shots. He speaks like an athlete, and not a human being....One of the things that separates combat sports from a lot of team sports is, let's be honest, a certain degree of honesty. Team sport athlete responses come across as canned and phony, because they know that if they speak their mind they might lose out on some money. Jon Jones has always seemed much more like this type of person. You could argue that Conor is this way too, but unlike Tyron, Conor has personality and leads with attitude. Tyron whines when he doesn't get his way.

It's not because he is black. There are plenty of popular black champs. DC is loved because of his genuine good-naturedness, Silva was loved because of his spirit of true martial artistry. Tyron smells like a phony athlete who feels like he hasn't gotten his due. HE is the entitled one, and it shows through his canned, forced rhetoric and fall-back "racist" claims

Conor is far more calculated than Woodley. So was GSP. So is Floyd.

Woodley backs away from opponents the entire fight and tries to land 1 big shot. That isn't that calculated.

giphy.gif

He's not a very exciting fighter except when he does a blitzing attack which is not very often. He tends to go into a defensive shell when facing better strikers who are taller and have more reach. I don't enjoy watching him fight.

ummmmmm....

Perhaps the definition of "popular" is evading you?

Tyron seems to be one of the most popular champs in the UFC right now. Fans can't stop talking about him, and he is constantly in the media and on TV.

He's pretty damn popular, regardless if you favor him or not.

He's complained racism every time he's been expected to defend his belt. Literally.

He has been trying to get fights outside the divison.

Least honourable Ww champ of all time

I'm going to go out on a limb and just assume it is because people are racist.

DC isn't liked that much and Silva was unique in his approach to the game. I think there are a combination of reasons why he is not liked. Style and the ferocity he approaches an opponent is a big one. I do think him being black is a factor, but way smaller than he believes. I am not sure being disingenous is a problem in this sport, look and Conor and Chael.

It's because he has a wrestling base and isn't a flashy striker, even though he likes to strike enough.

Racism against wrestlers/grapplers!

If he's so calculated how come he failed to calculated the fact that being calculated would make him unpopular hence reduce his passive income?

woodley needs to stfu. Almost all of the highest paid athletes are blacks.

The more and more I read these Woodley assessment threads...

The dumber and dumber I feel...

Mighty Mouse isn't the highest paid athlete because he struggles to sell 150k PPV's.

It's not his skills (he has them) and it's not that he hasn't been in exciting fights or is an exciting fighter (he is and can be).
It's because he is calculated. Much like Jon Jones, he never stops talking about his legacy, or his plan, and comes across as disingeous in the process. He won the title then immediately started trying to call his shots. He speaks like an athlete, and not a human being....One of the things that separates combat sports from a lot of team sports is, let's be honest, a certain degree of honesty. Team sport athlete responses come across as canned and phony, because they know that if they speak their mind they might lose out on some money. Jon Jones has always seemed much more like this type of person. You could argue that Conor is this way too, but unlike Tyron, Conor has personality and leads with attitude. Tyron whines when he doesn't get his way.

It's not because he is black. There are plenty of popular black champs. DC is loved because of his genuine good-naturedness, Silva was loved because of his spirit of true martial artistry. Tyron smells like a phony athlete who feels like he hasn't gotten his due. HE is the entitled one, and it shows through his canned, forced rhetoric and fall-back "racist" claims
As a black guy I personally think it's b because he plays the race card too much. He would be that friend that I'm constantly telling to chill and let shit go, stop fucking looking backwards. Also because of the Rory loss. I mean I'm Canadian so I like Rory too, but DAMN MAN that gift will be around forever.

Didn't read.......but its because of his dumb beard and stupid troll voice, at least that's why I don't like him

Didnt read but its because he is entitled and sat out for a year on an undeserved titleshot then angles for money fights when he isnt a money fight,i think he has tried to take the heel role just not sure if he is doing it intentionally or not though

Back