The Best Ground and Pound Fighter in MMA?

Best ground and pound fighter?

• Total voters

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
For me personally, it's Mark Kerr. Fedor will probably get the most votes, but it was something about Kerr in the early days that just strike fear into everyone. Fedor is second for me though.

Before people flip out and question why someone like Shogun is on the list, people must be forgetting the days when he ground and pounded Overeem out twice, plus Arona & Machida, among others. He had excellent top control when on the ground, which resulted in heavy, nasty KO punches from the top. Add in soccer kicks and stomps, he was a killer in his day.

Fedor vs Noguriea 1,2,3

Ground and pound is like the sweet science to Fedor.

yfv9g.gif

Fedor could swing down there like no other I have seen. Herring, Nog 1, TK, Goodridge... he was absolutely brutal.

I've never seen anyone come close to recreating the amount of power Fedor was able to generate on the ground from such short distances.

Fedor by far. just think what he'd do to his opponehts had he been permitted to use elbows.

I dunno about Fedor. Fedor seldom defeated an opponent by ground and pound that I remember (not counting GnP finish after a knockdown). Fedor often does very little damage from top control. I voted Jon Jones. He usually does a lot of damage and he seems more able to finish from top control by GnP. Fedor would really swing sometimes, but I dunno, that never really seemed to give him much success.

Fedor by far. just think what he'd do to his opponehts had he been permitted to use elbows.

You could say the like about many guys, for example GSP and knees on the ground.

Why is someone like Shogun on the list?

Have you never seen a Shogun fight? WTF kind of a retarded post is this lol

19w40w.gif

shogun_arona.gif

5vvdbo.gif

10001964.gif

778812_s.gif

tumblr_mlwkkg9M4Q1qhndw9o1_400.gif

Youre a good poster but im not sure if youre trolling or not. Just a bizarre post. Shogun is absolutely in the convo for GOAT GNP

Back