Places to visit in Tokyo?

madi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm staying in Tokyo for a week for some business. And I would really like to visit some MMA places around the city of Pride.

Do you guys knows or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Meiji Shrine is pretty cool, very historical.

Also if you like history stuff the Imperial palace and the grounds around the area is beautiful, huge moats, the technology museum there and the foundation of the Edo/Tokugawa era castle.

If your into castles, Odawara is a short train ride outside of Tokyo, you'll have to get to Shinjuku train station and take the Odakyu line south, make sure to get the express train.

If you like something different Tsukiji fish market, largest fish market on the planet, get there early, very early.

There's also the museum of art, many artifacts and swords if that is your thing, I have a few Japanese swords and appreciate the craftsmanship

I lived outside of Tokyo for 3 years, I wish I would've travelled more, but really to me most of the really interesting stuff is outside of Tokyo... Have a great trip.

Meiji Shrine is pretty cool, very historical.

Also if you like history stuff the Imperial palace and the grounds around the area is beautiful, huge moats, the technology museum there and the foundation of the Edo/Tokugawa era castle.

If your into castles, Odawara is a short train ride outside of Tokyo, you'll have to get to Shinjuku train station and take the Odakyu line south, make sure to get the express train.

If you like something different Tsukiji fish market, largest fish market on the planet, get there early, very early.

There's also the museum of art, many artifacts and swords if that is your thing, I have a few Japanese swords and appreciate the craftsmanship

I lived outside of Tokyo for 3 years, I wish I would've travelled more, but really to me most of the really interesting stuff is outside of Tokyo... Have a great trip.

Thanks for the tips, bud!!

Thanks for the tips, bud!!
NP, if your interested in going to a few places by train outside of Tokyo hit me up with a PM, you can do a few day trips for low budget that are worthwhile.

Some good suggestions in first response, Hairijuku (sp?) is interesting for the cosplayers walking around and Shinjuku is great for bars and nightlife and I am a fan of the Ginza district. Great shopping and nightlife.

Technically the city of Pride would be Saitama which is about half an hour out of Tokyo by train from memory... you don't want to get drunk in the city and have to cab back as it costs about $120 cab fare.

Have fun man, Tokyo is heaps of fun.

Forgot to mention, if nightlife is your thing visit Ropungi, just be careful and don't stay out too late.

Go to a cuddle cafe and tell us the experience.

i hear the yakuza are a blast!

This is not a UFC Discussion thread.

Just saying..

Forgot to mention, if nightlife is your thing visit Ropungi, just be careful and don't stay out too late.

You're awesome, man. Again, thanks for the tips. I'll certainly give a try in a few of them. And try to visit some famous martial arts gyms. I went to Nakano Brodway today and saw a lot of Mark Hunt actions figures. They love the guy here.

I heard Tokyo has McDonald's. Tell us if it tastes the same.

Surprised no one has mention Godzilla.

But I already know how to spend my money wisely.

Foto_criada_em_04_05_16_a_s_18_35.jpg

Saitama for sure, where the Pride events were held, I believe they still have some small local mma fights there. Maybe try and catch some sumo tournaments. I'm currently in Fukuoka now and will be in Tokyo in a few weeks and hope to watch sumo tournaments for the first time.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back