What a strange world we live in that Anderson Silva is only a -125 fave to Uriah Hall

G

Guestx

Seriously, just a few years ago could anyone have guessed that we would see this day?

And that's not to take anything away from Hall, who is a solid if imperfect fighter. It's just that a few years ago Anderson Silva, one of the very best fighters to have ever lived, would've chewed up a guy like Hall as if he was a light appetizer.

We've seen some pretty big falls from grace in this sport, but Anderson's is near the top. It was almost as if he became half the fighter over night.

90% of the threads in this forum are about an Irish featherweight, Michael Bisping beat Anderson Silva and Nate Diaz was scheduled to be the main event of arguably the most anticipated event in the history of the organisation.

It's a strange world indeed. A couple of years ago, nobody would have said that any of these things would ever happen.

It's not strange when you realize one guy is 40 years old and 40 fights deep, yet continues to fight despite diminished physical attributes, a faded chin and isn't nearly as confident in his ability as he once was.

But yeah... It's a strange world.

Well, its not that strange considering its 2016 and not 2006.

Here... to make things stranger

cat-fly-parachute.gif

Shit happens my friend. It's incredible that he's still here at 40 after a leg break

It's not strange when you realize one guy is 40 years old and 40 fights deep, yet continues to fight despite diminished physical attributes, a faded chin and isn't nearly as confident in his ability as he once was.

But yeah... It's a strange world.
TS reckt

I remember people were buzzing about the possibility of this fight when the Uriah Hall hype train was in full effect. Since then, Anderson Silva has lost his title, failed a drug test, and is clearly diminished. Uriah has had a meandering career through some non-elite middleweights.

Not like this..... Not like this.....

And then, on the other hand, we see guys like Vitor and Mark Hunt having these late career resurgences. . .

They're the exceptions, not the rule. Most guys don't even make it to their ages to even have that resurgence. More so, when it happens, they're not the norm. Randy started late and had an incredibly safe style that didn't let him take damage. Hendo and Vitor had medical help, though I'm not bashing them. Hunt didn't have a shit ton of fights and fought very infrequently for a while, and he's still in the division where toughness and punching power matter just as much as skill.

You've got a litany of guys like Almeida, Mike Thomas Brown, Marcus Davis, Yves Edwards and countless others who have faded out and guys like Gomi, Sanchez and Koscheck who are in the process of fading away.

So, to quote Anderson... "Is normal".

MMA is the fastest changing sport there is. Its also a strange fight to bet on, because Hall when he's good is Anderson Silva good, but half the time Hall fights like he's trying out for bellator and just wants to "have fun".

I think the betting odds are fair

He can't pull the trigger anymore. Hall is gonna smoke him. I can't believe there are people that actually think Anderson is gonna win.

If Andy brings his A game, and seriously wants the win, we might have a fight on our hands.

Maybe Anderson will see a young version of himself in Uriah and try to teach him a lesson. Hoping for a good fight!

They're the exceptions, not the rule. Most guys don't even make it to their ages to even have that resurgence. More so, when it happens, they're not the norm. Randy started late and had an incredibly safe style that didn't let him take damage. Hendo and Vitor had medical help, though I'm not bashing them. Hunt didn't have a shit ton of fights and fought very infrequently for a while, and he's still in the division where toughness and punching power matter just as much as skill.

You've got a litany of guys like Almeida, Mike Thomas Brown, Marcus Davis, Yves Edwards and countless others who have faded out and guys like Gomi, Sanchez and Koscheck who are in the process of fading away.

So, to quote Anderson... "Is normal".

I think what gets me is the suddenness, and steepness, of the fall. Because it seemed that it all happened in between the Bonnar and first Weidman fight. He went from Matrixing guys and showing no signs of slowing down whatsoever to being KOd . . . leg broken . . . losing a decision to Bisping.

Anderson's skills have eroded. He had a very long career.

You can't be the best forever.

Seriously, just a few years ago could anyone have guessed that we would see this day?

And that's not to take anything away from Hall, who is a solid if imperfect fighter. It's just that a few years ago Anderson Silva, one of the very best fighters to have ever lived, would've chewed up a guy like Hall as if he was a light appetizer.

We've seen some pretty big falls from grace in this sport, but Anderson's is near the top. It was almost as if he became half the fighter over night.
Time is undefeated.

Silva got robbed in the Bisping fight, he looked like his former self. His movement may have lost a step or two but he still was lethal on the feet. The fight could have easily been stopped when he knocked him down with that knee too. He isnt the fighter he once was, but he can still hang with the top guys imo.

Silva got robbed in the Bisping fight, he looked like his former self. His movement may have lost a step or two but he still was lethal on the feet. The fight could have easily been stopped when he knocked him down with that knee too. He isnt the fighter he once was, but he can still hang with the top guys imo.
Bisping won easily. Silva is nothing compared to his former self.

Back