I think she could be a better boxer then her MMA fights look like from a striking standpoint. People have to remember her stance and body position allows her to setup throws and takedowns but not the best position for boxing. In the cage she is thinking like a judokan not a boxer. As her style dictates her striking and her physical positions during the MMA match.

Switch off her judokan style and switch on her boxing style and her stance changes, her footwork changes, her body roll likely changes, her defensive style changes and yes her striking changes. She is not worrying about defending the takedown or stopping a kick she is just thinking like a boxer.

The group she is with have tons of Olympic caliper boxers in Glendale fight club. She likely gets plenty of advice from top level boxers and they are likely telling her she could stand on her own. This will not be the first time a boxer has come from another sport I can think of 2 or 3 cases of Olympic caliper wrestlers who moved over to boxing and had a good career of it. She has a good low center of gravity she also has a very strong core obviously from her decades of Judo.

I would not rule out her being somewhat good a boxing. The other thing is boxing likely looking at her and drooling about the publicity she would bring too boxing. She right now is the most popular woman in sport. In the past boxing tried to bring woman in the sport of boxing and their was little if any interest. Most famously Ali's daughter Laila and that card sold like only 100,000 PPV. Ronda pulled down like 900,000 or more.

so i point out holes in your argument and then you change the parameters by saying Mir's opponents weren't the top fighters in the div. you can't have it both ways! and since when is Dennis Siver the top of the FW heap? please!!!!

i'm not trying to be a troll, but you are wrong with your whole effective striking argument, and i just proved it to you using YOUR OWN definition!!!

I just admitted to Mir being more effective over the course of the last two fights. He was.

Obviously it's not black and white, and that's why I'm saying Ronda has been facing (and finishing by strikes) the top comp out there. Mir hasn't.

We're obviously getting nowhere, but I stand by my initial point: Ronda has got the most effective striking in the UFC today - "effective" being relative to your opponents.

uhhhhh, i didn't say that aggression wasn't part of striking. read the post! why do you think i put it alongside technique and timing? but you are still using this 'effective' definition in relation to opponents and i think this is wrong. she is a more effective fighter than her opponents, doesn't make her striking amazing. i'm basing effective striking in relation to the CONCEPT of striking, which makes a lot more sense!!!

The "concept of striking" is different to being effective. Effectiveness is getting it done. Once Ronda faces better strikers, she might not be as effective striking. For now she is.

I just admitted to Mir being more effective over the course of the last two fights. He was.

Obviously it's not black and white, and that's why I'm saying Ronda has been facing (and finishing by strikes) the top comp out there. Mir hasn't.

We're obviously getting nowhere, but I stand by my initial point: Ronda has got the most effective striking in the UFC today - "effective" being relative to your opponents.

fair enough, agree to disagree :) was fun debating it though. and Siver still isn't anywhere near top comp for McGregor...

I agree. Go for it Ronda, prove em all wrong like you always do.

The "concept of striking" is different to being effective. Effectiveness is getting it done. Once Ronda faces better strikers, she might not be as effective striking. For now she is.

and Ronda's striking still sucks ;)

Lol Haunted Housey is at it again. First you have to beat Cain under the right circumstances, darling. Then we'll talk further.

That's quite the rant. I've never said she would beat men. I'm not comparing her striking skills to that of men. I said she was the most effective. She is, factually. Effectiveness is relative to the opponents.

She's also more effective striking than JJ. She's not the better technical striker, but she gets the job done (striking) more effectively than her.

I think you might be missing the point. The prominence of a fighter's striking ability is only accurately assessed when matched up against other world class striking. There are so many nuances in the footwork, striking mechanics and defensive maneuvers of sports like boxing and muay thai. Without being aware of such nuances it is easy for any fan to jump to the conclusion that a fighter is a truly premier striker simply because they are hurting and finishing their opponents. There are lots of fighters who are pretty competitive and end up looking like monsters against bums, but if you take the time to evaluate the technical flaws in their game, you will see that they will easily be exposed my more competent opponents.

You made the comment that Rousey is a more effective striker than Jones. I actually hate Jones so I have no reason to defend him, but it is pretty important to note that if Jones was fighting the same quality of competition (in terms of skill and technical flaws) as Rousey he would be finishing them all within 30 seconds or less if he wanted to. Woman's mma simply doesn't have much talent at this point, the fighters are inexperienced and they have many flaws in their game which is likely due to poor coaches. Roughly speaking in terms of the comparable quality of opponents to Rousey, Jones would be fighting some bums from some beer league of mma.

Honestly Jones doesn't even have that great technical striking (compared to elite boxers, kick boxers and muay thai fighters) but he would look like Mike Tyson if his opponents were like that from the likes of that "So You Wanna Fight" organization.

Uhm... I think the difference, Ronda, is that Judo is applicable to MMA and not applicable to boxing.
lol @ that D level reasoning.

I don't want to get banned so I won't say what I really think about Ronda's INTC, but gosh...

It's probably somewhat like picking a former swimmer that transitioned successfully into triathlons, starting training for them at 22 yo, and saying that he might as well transition successfully into running at 29 yo.

If she were to concentrate only on boxing and get a better striking coach she could probably do well because of her athleticism and toughness. She would have to overwhelm her opponent because she seems to have developed power but she needs to develop a jab and more strategy. I am not too familiar with female boxers though but I have never seen anything that I have been really impressed with.

Since she is like a mythical creature and the best female athlete on Earth apparently let her train boxing for a year or two and setup a superfight with Katie Taylor.

It is possible that she can pick up the sport much faster than others and maybe even do well. She was bred as an athlete.

I would like to thank all those who entertained me by believing such utter nonsense

Do it. It doesn't look like she's going to pony up and fight Cyborg or fight a man - despite her thinking she has a shot against ex heavyweight champs. So, do it - go into boxing. She might do well, and might do very well. Better than continuing as reigning can crusher in the UFC.

Back