I'm very one-dimensional when it comes to fishing. But I'm undefeated when I fish in a stocked pond. Bet I could become a boxing champ too.

Don't say anything negative guys...the League of Whiteknights are watching carefully

i'm loving the defensive posts, you can't claim to have the final definition of 'effective' - i could give you a bunch of different ways to define effective.

just because it works against her crappy opposition it doesn't mean her striking is effective, or anything else.

her judo, now THAT is effective. i'm no Ronda hater, but you are digging yourself into a hole saying that she is the most effective striking in the UFC - this is nonsense, and Mark Hunt, Chuck Lidell and Anderson Silva would be pissing themselves at this.

You realize her judo wouldn't be effective against male fighters right?

If Holy Holm can do well in boxing... I'm sure she can do pretty good as well. Its not just WMMA that is sad, its also womans boxing.

true but Holm has excellent footwork and movement. Ronda runs forward getting punched in the face until she can get a clinch and take it to the ground.

Her striking is very poor.

i'm loving the defensive posts, you can't claim to have the final definition of 'effective' - i could give you a bunch of different ways to define effective.

just because it works against her crappy opposition it doesn't mean her striking is effective, or anything else.

her judo, now THAT is effective. i'm no Ronda hater, but you are digging yourself into a hole saying that she is the most effective striking in the UFC - this is nonsense, and Mark Hunt, Chuck Lidell and Anderson Silva would be pissing themselves at this.

Why is her judo effective? Would it be effective against men? Would it be effective against better female judokas than her (I'm guessing they exist, as she has been out of the game for a while)?

No, it's effective relative to her opponents. Just as her striking.

How is it currently the most effective in the UFC? There are countless people who have better striking skills than her. Her striking is horrible in comparison.

God you fans are straight up full retard with ronda and her "skills".

This -

Does Conor have more effective striking than, say, Mir? He does. That doesn't mean Mir wouldn't knock him out if they fought. So, "effective striking" is measured relative to your weightclass, your opponents.

Ronda has the most effective striking in the UFC currently.

uhhhh, well if we go by both fighter's last couple of fights then Mir has 2 KOs in combined 2mins53, whereas Conor has 2 KOs in 6mins51 secs. so by your definition, Frank Mir DOES have more effective striking than Conor.

do you see what i mean? we can bandy about all sorts of definitions and parameters for these definitions. doesn't make fighter A's striking more effective than striker B's.

i would say we have to look at the STRIKING!

/thread?

She just outstruck the great Betch Correira, she'd be an amazing boxer.... Derp

true but Holm has excellent footwork and movement. Ronda runs forward getting punched in the face until she can get a clinch and take it to the ground.

Her striking is very poor.

I dont know about her boxing career, but the Holm Ive seen in mma has zero power, punches at air and spams the same telegraphed combo over and over.

Why is her judo effective? Would it be effective against men? Would it be effective against better female judokas than her (I'm guessing they exist, as she has been out of the game for a while)?

No, it's effective relative to her opponents. Just as her striking.

why is her judo effective? because it is relative to her opponents? COME ONE!!! her Judo is effective because if we watch it, her technique, timing and application of techniques is effective.

her timing and technique for striking are terrible, but i will say her agression is effective. different things, different things...

Damn honda how can a olympian be so damn ignorant, she really believes the koolaid UFC is selling. lmao

I dont know about her boxing career, but the Holm Ive seen in mma has zero power, punches at air and spams the same telegraphed combo over and over.

Yet has never been beaten, it works.

uhhhh, well if we go by both fighter's last couple of fights then Mir has 2 KOs in combined 2mins53, whereas Conor has 2 KOs in 6mins51 secs. so by your definition, Frank Mir DOES have more effective striking than Conor.

do you see what i mean? we can bandy about all sorts of definitions and parameters for these definitions. doesn't make fighter A's striking more effective than striker B's.

i would say we have to look at the STRIKING!

/thread?

Has Frank Mir been more effective striking in the last two fights than Conor? Yes.

He wasn't fighting the top fighters though. Conor was (in Mendes).

Ronda has been finishing the top comp in her division lately, by strikes. That's called effective striking.

You realize her judo wouldn't be effective against male fighters right?

i think you misunderstood my reply. i wasn't saying she would be less effective against any of those male strikers (she obviously would die), but i was saying that those guys who are incredible strikers would not look at her striking game and call it effective. at least i can't imagine they would.

as for her judo not being effective against male fighters, mmmm, depends if they have any ground game. i could see her judo being effective against a male fighter with no judo or jitsu, but there aren't many of those, unlike in WMMA...

Yet has never been beaten, it works.

Cat and Bethe had never been beaten either.

Holm is looking unimpressive against low level competition while Ronda is knocking out contenders without breaking a sweat.

Can we stop with the whole ronda can beat men/ can box/ can blah blah blah argument and focus on how she dominates other 'females' (Not other men!) of MMA please. SO tired of these comparisons...

why is her judo effective? because it is relative to her opponents? COME ONE!!! her Judo is effective because if we watch it, her technique, timing and application of techniques is effective.

her timing and technique for striking are terrible, but i will say her agression is effective. different things, different things...

Why isn't aggression part of striking? You can have horrible technique, but if you're able to overwhelm your opponents, you're being effective. Your opponent might even have better technical striking, but if it leads to him/her being knocked out, it's fair to say it was less effective.

Has Frank Mir been more effective striking in the last two fights than Conor? Yes.

He wasn't fighting the top fighters though. Conor was (in Mendes).

Ronda has been finishing the top comp in her division lately, by strikes. That's called effective striking.

so i point out holes in your argument and then you change the parameters by saying Mir's opponents weren't the top fighters in the div. you can't have it both ways! and since when is Dennis Siver the top of the FW heap? please!!!!

i'm not trying to be a troll, but you are wrong with your whole effective striking argument, and i just proved it to you using YOUR OWN definition!!!

Why isn't aggression part of striking? You can have horrible technique, but if you're able to overwhelm your opponents, you're being effective. Your opponent might even have better technical striking, but if it leads to him/her being knocked out, it's fair to say it was less effective.

uhhhhh, i didn't say that aggression wasn't part of striking. read the post! why do you think i put it alongside technique and timing? but you are still using this 'effective' definition in relation to opponents and i think this is wrong. she is a more effective fighter than her opponents, doesn't make her striking amazing. i'm basing effective striking in relation to the CONCEPT of striking, which makes a lot more sense!!!

Back