Media 30-27 for Barber was the correct score card.

You claimed that John McCarthy said damage wasn't a scoring criterion. In this video I posted, he explains that damage is indeed a scoring criterion.

Checkmate

Now find the word "damage" in there.
You’re a moron. How would you describe what is ‘immediate impact’ to a fighter? And ‘cumulative impact’?

It’s damage.

You’re a moron. How would you describe what is ‘immediate impact’ to a fighter? And ‘cumulative impact’?

It’s damage.

If it were damage, they'd use the word damage.

Checkmate
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... checkmating yourself.
John describes why he wrote the word "impact" in the rules, instead of "damage," and then, in this interview, immediately confirms that by "impact" he means precisely "damage". Thus he confirms that damage is indeed a criterion for scoring even though the word "damage" isn't the word used to say it.

If it were damage, they'd use the word damage.

You're own video with big John says impact is damage lol. He said the word was removed because people thought it sounded too violent and it was done for political reasons, but he says "impact is damage", lol.

Did you even listen to that video you claim is checkmate?

Big John: "Impact is damage" "Everytime you see impact in there, that is damage"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... checkmating yourself.
John describes why he wrote the word "impact" in the rules, instead of "damage," and then, in this interview, immediately confirms that by "impact" he means precisely "damage". Thus he confirms that damage is indeed a criterion for scoring even though the word "damage" isn't the word used to say it.

Right but the criteria says "impact" and not "damage".

How did Barber win the fight again?

Would you be happier if we said Barber did more impact?

You can say what you want. The problem is people using words claiming they're part of the scoring criteria when they're not which leads to nonsensical arguments about a concept that shouldn't even be considered.

You can say what you want. The problem is people using words claiming they're part of the scoring criteria when they're not which leads to nonsensical arguments about a concept that shouldn't even be considered.

Damage as a concept is impact. You are just arguing literal words in the rules, not the concept behind them at all.

Damage as a concept is impact. You are just arguing literal words in the rules, not the concept behind them at all.

Right, but using the wrong word in this case creates discussion that doesn't reflect the actual rules while pretending to do just that.

If people would use the word impact in it's correct context, the concept of superficial "damage" (cuts, blood etc...) doesn't come up and doesn't waste people's time.

Right but the criteria says "impact" and not "damage".

So?
John McCarthy, who wrote it, says he meant the word "impact" to essentially stand as a synonym for "damage," because some fool had gotten upset by the word "damage", so he said the same meaning using a different word.

Now you are just writing obviously stupid shit, so I'll just assume you're drunk.

So?
John McCarthy, who wrote it, says he meant the word "impact" to essentially stand as a synonym for "damage," because some fool had gotten upset by the word "damage", so he said the same meaning using a different word.

Now you are just writing obviously stupid shit, so I'll just assume you're drunk.

How did Barber win the fight tho?

Right, but using the wrong word in this case creates discussion that doesn't reflect the actual rules while pretending to do just that.

Wrong. The only thing in this conversation creating "discussion that doesn't reflect the actual rules while pretending to do just that" is you.

If people would use the word impact in it's correct context, the concept of superficial "damage" (cuts, blood etc...) doesn't come up and doesn't waste people's time.

You are the one wasting people's time.

How did Barber win the fight tho?
This has nothing to do with whether or not damage is a scoring criterion. You are just wasting time to be annoying. And you've succeeded at both wasting time and being annoying.

This has nothing to do with whether or not damage is a scoring criterion. You are just wasting time to be annoying. And you've succeeded at both wasting time and being annoying.

Scoring criterion doesn't have anything to do with how the fight is scored? <mma4>

So you can't answer the question. Which is why you've been ducking it ever since I asked it a few posts ago.

Scoring criterion doesn't have anything to do with how the fight is scored? <mma4>

So you can't answer the question. Which is why you've been ducking it ever since I asked it a few posts ago.

I didn't duck it. I have already replied that nobody said that damage was the only criterion, only that is was a criterion, and since it isn't the only criterion, I needn't explain how the judges came to their decision with Maycee Barber. You are just using an asshole argumentation tactic to muddy the water and waste my time answering questions that don't need to be answered. You lost the argument. You failing to see or acknowlege it fools nobody, it just makes you yourself look like a fool and/or troll.

Last edited:
I didn't duck it. I have already replied that nobody said that damage was the only criterion, only that is was a criterion, and since it isn't the only criterion, I needn't explain how the judges came to their decision with Maycee Barber. You are just using an asshole argumentation tactic to muddy the water and waste my time answering questions that don't need to be answered. You lost the argument. You failing to see or acknowlege it fools nobody, it just makes you yourself look like a fool and/or troll.

You don't know how they came to the decision, because you don't understand the scoring criteria like you think you do.

Back